Angels & A Demon

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

3:54 p.m.

 

I grabbed a couple menus before heading to the booth. I became a bit nervous and shy when I saw who I'd be serving. They had a thing for making my heart flutter, I admit. It's been awhile since I've seen these guys. If Sehun and his boyfriends were the devils in our school, then these guys were our angels. Saviours we call them. And by 'we' I mean the people who were being bullied. I'd been saved or helped by these guys a couple times, which I am forever thankful for. These guys were known not only as the angels of Seoul Arts High School, but how charismatic and nice they are; not to mention good-looking. Even I couldn't stop my heart from skipping a beat when looking at them. 

I headed up a couple stairs before turning the corner into their booth. The three of them were on their phones when I arrived so they didn't notice me at first. I looked carefully at all three of them and noticed how charming they were. I became an instant fangirl. Though I didn't talk much with them, they always had a way of melting my heart. I'm not sure if it was their smiles, but definitely these guys were loveable. My thoughts were interuppted when one of them spoke up. 

"Oh, Mi Ran ah~" Suho looked surprised at first, but followed up with a smile. 

"Oh! Bin Mi Ran! It's been awhile. You work here?" Minseok then asked. 

"An-anyong-anyonghasaeyo." I stuttered as I bowed. "Yes, I-I work h-here." Aish, since when have I stuttered?

"Really? I come in here a lot, but I never see you. Are you new perhaps?" Yixing then asked. His puzzled look made me chuckle a bit. I always thought Yixing was the cutest, though a lot of students thought otherwise. Most of the time, he didn't respond or talk because he was too busy trying to figure out what everyone was talking about in the first place. Slow he was, but still cute.

"Yah, you don't notice a lot of things." Minseok added as he nodded his head at the former. 

"No, I've been working here for awhile now. I do tend to have flexible hours, so I'm not here everyday. I work on weekends though." I replied back trying to keep my heart under control. 

"Hmm, well looks like I have to start coming here on the weekends." he said as he gave a wink. His dimples appeared and I couldn't help but blush. This guy seriously can be a flirt, and I didn't mind it one bit. Minseok hit his arm as I became unresponsive. 

"Ah, here are your menus." I laid out the black slick menus in front of each one. "And there's two more correct?" I asked Suho.

"Yes, they should be here soon." his smile never left his face. 

"Ok, can I start you guys off with drinks?"

"Oooh, an iced americano for me." Miseok raised his hand. 

"Water is fine for me." Suho added. I then looked at Yixing for a response. After about five seconds of silence Minseok budged his arm. 

"Huh?" he looked up from the menu. 

"Drink." Minseok added. 

"Huh? Oh, drink? Uh, juice?" his confused eyes looked up from the menu and then to me. Aigoo, this little angel is something else. 

"Juice? What kind of juice?" I asked.

"Oh actually, scratch that. Can I get a honeydew boba tea instead?" he asked.

"For sure, of course you can." I chuckled at his indecisiveness. "I'll have that for you guys in just a bit alright." I replied and left to the boba/coffee bar to get the drinks. Looking around, I noticed that everyone was still busy with their customers. Dara had just got done serving a table their food, Seunghoon oppa was wiping a table down, Mino directed a group of people to our party room with Taehyun, and Seungyoon oppa was packaging leftovers for another customer. Jinwoo made his way to the drink bar where I was after helping a customer pick out a cake. 

"Hey, that little group over, they come here a lot." he raised his eyebrows towards my table. 

"Really?" I started to pack the coffee into the espresso machine while I got the ingredients for Yixing's boba when I responded. "One of them did mention that they come here often."

"Yeah, I would call them regulars. They normally tip good too." he added as he made his way behind me to grab a new can of condensed milk from the fridge. He handed it to me and continued, "One of them seems a bit slow."

I laughed knowing who he was talking about. "Give him some slack, he's a Chinese native. He wasn't born here, so he may seem a bit slow; it does take him awhile to adjust to the situation." 

"Ahh, ok I see, I see. I'm guessing they go to school with you since you know him so well." 

"They actually graduated already." I rolled my eyes. I looked up to see my sister still sitting at the table by the window. She was going through everyone's schedule on the planner and looking at some other paperwork for the bistro. Hye Rin looked her prettiest when she worked, not when she's drinking or smoking at nightclubs. Then my gaze followed the noise that came from the entrance. Two boys entered. I smiled at the other angel who had just walked in, only to scowl at the figure right next to it. I knew that as soon as the guys mentioned two other people would be coming, it would be people from school. Along with the other three, Kyungsoo was the other angel that saved the bullied. Minseok, Suho, and Yixing had already graduated leaving Kyungsoo to be the last of the saviours. Like the other angels, Kyungsoo made me smile. And so that was my initial reaction when I saw him entering the bistro. However, my reaction when I'd seen Oh Sehun remained the same as always. Irritated. Annnoyed. Displeasure. 

"You don't look too happy now." Jinwoo noticed my facial expression as I poured the boba into a plastic cup. 

"That's cause the devil just walked in." I glanced back to the table and saw Suho waving his hands to grab Kyungsoo and Sehun's attention. Kyungsoo noticed first and made his way as he nudged Sehun. Looking already annoyed, Sehun rolled his eyes as he looked around the bistro. He noticed where the angels sat, but he continued to look around. I got back to doing my duty by finishing the iced americano after pouring a glass of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter