Sing For You

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


1:24 p.m. Tuesday

 

My phone buzzed inside of my pocket in the middle of class. I was currently in my introduction to business class and had just finished one of our assignments so I decided to take my phone out of my pocket to check for whatever message I recieved. To my amusement, I saw this notification popup.

1 unread message from D.O.

Hey, able to stay after school today?

Yeah, of course I can. I'lll be there after the bell rings. I replied back.

Alright! Btw, you'll have to wait a bit cause I have to go to my art class and pick up my old projects before I head down to the library.

No problem, I'll make sure to save a seat for you.

Ok, thanks! See ya soon!

We had a week from today to finish up our essay. For sure, I wanted to get started on that before anything else. Especially because that would take the most time out of our entire project. I'm so happy that D.O. chose the beach. At least the topic would be interesting to write about. Since there wasn't much to do in this hour, I decided pull out a piece of paper to brainstorm ideas and split our jobs between the two of us. My research would include: describing the terrain, parts of the beach, barrier islands, and incorporating the zones. Then I'd have D.O. research on the topics: beach currents, storms, types of erosion structures, and nonstructural alternatives. Psh. You'd think there wasn't much to talk about the beach. If I didn't know any better, I'd probably write about how there is water and sand on beaches; that would complete my essay and I'd probably get a big, fat, F on my report. 

 

3:46 p.m.

 

The final bell rang and immediately I went to the library instead of my locker. I totally forgot that I needed to make a reservation for a table at our library. Usually, when our homeroom gives out projects, other homerooms in my grade will also give out the same project. Which means that the library will be packed because of everyone trying to do their reports at the same time. Not to mention, we didn't make a reservation yesterday when the report was given. 

I barged through the wooded double doors and hoped for the best. However, I was wrong. Complete chaos everywhere. All the tables were occupied. The computer labs were full. People scattered on the floor with open textbooks. I looked to my left and saw that a line had been formed by the librarian's desks for those that wanted to check out books to take home. I sighed heavily. 

"Mi Ran ah!" I looked behind me to face my partner. I waved and tried my best to smile. As he got closer he must've noticed the expression on my face because his next words were, "What's wrong?" I sighed again and motioned for him to look inside the library. He followed. "Oh my...I forg-...nevermind, it's too late. We've been exiled." he sarcastically chuckled. 

"Well, there's no way we're going to get in there. What should we do now?" I looked his way. 

He sighed, "I don't know, cafe?" his eyebrows raised. 

"Ahh, I know a better idea." I smiled. 

"Oh yeah? And what's that?" 

"There's this place not to far away from here where there's wifi. I also have the hookup for some free food." I mischievously smiled. 

"Hmmm, let me guess La Mie Bistro?" 

"You got it." I nudged his arm. We both laughed. 

"That sounds a lot better than being here. Talk about free food, how can anyone pass that up?!" 

"Exactly! Let's get going." I lead the way back to the opposite hallway. "If you don't mind, I have to go to my locker and grab my stuff."

"No problem, I'll walk with you." 

"By the way, I usually take the bus home so we might have to wait for a bit for the next one." I turned the corner. Now that school was out, the hallways were empty and it was easier to walk freely. 

"Oh, I don't think we'd have to worry about waiting. I drove today. I can drive us there." 

"Really? Ok, I guess that works out then." I reached my locker and hurriedly grabbed my backpack and a few notebooks. "Alright, done."  I said as I closed my locker. 

"Let's go!" We walked silently to the student parking lot. There were a few cars left so it was hard to pin point where Kyungsoo's car was. Come to think of it, I had never really seen him drive before. Usually I'd see him get out of cars with Sehun and his minions, but never once did I ever see Kyungsoo drive. I know for sure the others all have their own rides. I looked around the parking lot as we walked further and further. I walked behind him and followed his lead. He then spoke up, "Oh, I'm sorry. We're almost there. I should have made you wait at the curb instead." he scratched his head. 

"You're fine, it's not that much of a walk." 

"Here we are." Kyungsoo grabbed his keychain from his pants and unlocked it using the button on his keys. I saw the headlights of his car light up and heard his engine roar. His car had automatically started without

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter