Partners in Crime

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


10:09 p.m. Saturday

 

"Alright Mi Ran ah~ I'll get going." Krystal said as she made her way down the staircase dressed in ripped, high-waisted shorts, a loose white tank top, and some strapped heels. After taking a nap for a couple hours, she decided to get ready at my place for the night. Krystal was on the way to the club where she and my other cousin Jessica worked. Well, I mean...own. Not too long ago, my older cousins opened up a nightclub name BLANC in Seoul. It's been pretty successful since it's opening last month. Even the people I go to school with talk about it from time to time, so that's how you know the club is making it's way up. 

"Ok, call if you need anything." I lazily replied as I laid down on the couch from the living room. 

"Do you think I should change into something else though?" she stopped and looked at the long beveled mirror near the entrance door. She fixed her hair and adjusted her shorts as she asked. 

"I think it's fine, you're going to be behind the bar for the most part anyway cuzzo." I didn't even look in her direction as I flipped the channel. Besides being part co-owner to the club, Krystal also liked bartending. She always said that she enjoyed mixing drinks and whatnot, and preferred to be behind the bar instead of doing Jessica's job, which was making sure everything went smoothly. It may sound like an easy job, but Jessica unnie runs around everywhere making sure the lights are working, or the sound system, or if there's toilet paper in the bathrooms, yada yada, etc. She also happens to be the crazy one out of the two. You see, from sibling to sibling, Krystal and I are similar, while our older sisters resembled one another. 

"True, nobody's gonna see my outfit anyway." she ran her fingers through her hair one more time and turned in my direction. "I guess, that's it for me. Oh-don't forget to eat the meatloaf I packed for you if you're hungry." she walked my way to grab her wallet off the coffee table in front of me. "Or you can call your boyfriend to come over." her devilish grin reminded me of a certain someone. I threw the closest object in my hand, which happened to be a small pillow I had been laying on, towards her. 

"Aish, jin jja. Yah!" I shouted as she caught the pillow. 

"Ok! Jeez, just kidding weirdo!" she tossed the pillow back. I only grew frustrated when she started laughing. "He is cute though. You should go for it." I grabbed the pillow again. "Ok, ok! Fine, I'll leave you alone." I gave her a dirty look. Of course she liked picking on me.

"Ka! Go to work!" I yelled once more. She stuck her tongue out and started walking away. 

"I better see you at the launch party, or else." she turned around one more time. "You know, since you didn't go to our grand opening...party pooper." 

"Kkkk. Whatever." I rolled my eyes at her. She walked away and said bye before closing the door. 

Shortly after Krystal unnie had woken up from her nap upstairs, I went into my old room where she was currently sleeping in and talked. In the next couple weeks, there would be a lanch party thrown at BLANC and since I couldn't make it to their grand opening, Krystal had pressured me into going to this event. And because it would be close to halloween, everyone would be wearing costumes. I told her that I won't wear a costume, so initially I didn't want to go. However she manipulated me into saying yes. Her excuse was that I could help her behind the bar and make drinks since the bartenders don't have to dress up. Of course I was underage, but I really didn't care. My cousins were the owners anyway, and plus I'm sure there will be plenty of underage drinkers too drunk to notice. Fifteen minutes in, we continued to talk about the club and who would show up. A handful of celebrities were invited to this event so it was definitely going to be a big one. 

Then she changed the topic. Krystal asked about the boy who had showed up at my doorstep earlier today. Immediately when she said 'boy', I knew it would be him. Oh Sehun. Because of the fact that Sehun and I had a fight just yesterday, I'm sure that the only boy who'd show up at my doorstep would be him. As for why he would show up is something I'm still trying to figure out. I said what I needed to say. He said what he needed to say, but I guess it clearly wasn't enough since he made the effort to come to my house. I'd like to think that he came over to finally say the words 'I'm sorry', but I won't get too ahead of myself just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter