Table for Three

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


1:24 p.m. Saturday

 

I slept for about twelve hours before I got out of my bed. I couldn't really sleep well after yesterday's encounter with Sehun. I tossed and turned throughout the night, waking up here and there. After our little argument, I cried like a baby and then continued to stay in my room for hours listening to sad ballad songs. I wanted to call my sister up, but knowing that it was a Friday, the bistro would have been busy, especially during lunch time. Basically, I had no one to turn to. So what did I do for the remainder of the day? Watched reruns of Running Man and Infinity Challenge. I needed to turn to laughter and those shows were the only ones that did it. However, when night came around, I turned to sad movies on Netflix; which in return made me bawl my eyes out...again. 

I woke up a couple hours ago and showered. I was now doing the same thing I did yesterday; I began watching Running Man. There was an old episode playing so I watched it because it seemed like the only thing to do at the time. I needed to get my mind off of things, and so far so good, but then bits and pieces kept reappearing in my mind about him. It was like his voice took control over my mind and I wanted it out. I couldn't stand it. I looked around for things to do at home. I had already cleaned up and did laundry. I sweeped and mopped my floors last week. Hye Rin unnie brought groceries for me just the other day. And I threw out some old clothes I didn't fit no more into boxes and stored them away. All of my chores were done. There was literally nothing for me to do, but watch t.v. or play the piano. 

Then I thought about how I just threw away some clothes, so why not go get more? Well, shopping it was. Even though I hated going to the mall, right now it seemed like the best option for me to do. I hated shopping period, but I did want to spoil myself a bit. Afterall, no one else is going to buy clothes for me and it had been a very long time since I last shopped. I think a new wardrobe would get my mind off a few things, so I decided to get dressed and head out for the mall. I threw on some tights and a long, loose, hoodie. I put a couple of crew socks on and grabbed my chucks. I know I liked taking the bus, but I've noticed that I haven't drove my car in awhile so I grabbed the keys, wore my shoes, and locked the doors before heading out to my garage. 

I arrived at the huge shopping mall in a matter of minutes. I found a parking spot close enough to one of the side entrances before getting out. Surprisingly, from the looks of the parking lot, it seemed like not a lot of people were here. You'd think that for a Saturday, the mall would be packed with people, but walking inside showed me otherwise. There were only a few people I had seen when I first entered which I thought was weird, but then I forgo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter