Attempted Amends

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


12:42 p.m.

 

His grip around my wrist became tighter as I attempted to pull away from him. I pulled again only to be hauled forward closing in the space between us. His head nearly close to my stomach. I grew frustrated at the thought of being so close to him again. "Yah! Let go of me!" I yelled out, but his grip remained fixed. Sehun stared up from his seat. He then pulled out a chair next to him and forcefully sat me down just by a pull of my hand. Losing the battle, my brows furrowed as I sat down quietly. 

"I don't need this." he slided the five dollar bill in my direction as he let go of my hand.

"Take it." I copied his motion. 

"I don't want it." he slid it back.

"Look, you paid for my stuff and now I'm giving back to you. I don't understand why you're making this so complicated. Just take the money." I attempted to rise from my position only to be brought back down by Sehun's hand grabbing. 

He let go of my wrist again and brought down his feet from the table. "Consider it a favor." he took the remaining of his kimbap and stuffed it into his mouth. 

"That's the point, I don't want to consider it as a favor. I don't want to owe you anything Sehun. So please just take it." I was getting tired of arguing. 

"Who says you have to pay me back?" he grinned. 

"So you're saying that after paying for my stuff, you don't want anything in return?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure." his shoulders perked up. My brows remained furrowed. My attention all on him. I gazed at him with a confounded look. Why is he like this? What is he trying to do? What does he want from me? He took a sip of his milk tea and returned his gaze to me before answering my thoughts. "Relax, I don't want anything from you."

"I didn't say anything." I said trying to cover up the fact that I was surprised by his speculation. 

"But you were probably thinking about it." his grin stayed the same. How is that everytime I question him in my thoughts, he seems to answer it?

"What are you doing?" I decided to continue on with my thoughts said out aloud. 

"What do you mean?" he took another sip of his drink before fixing his posture and crossing his arms over the table. "I'm just having a little snack with my friend, that's all." his grin turned into a devilish smile. 

"We're not friends Sehun." my gaze fixed on him. 

"I'd say that we're friends, since you know we've been knowing each other for so long now." he said while fixing his snapback.

"Being friends doesn't pertain to just how long you've known each other. I don't consider you as a friend. It doesn't matter how long we've known one another. You've treated me like the past few years. That's why I'm asking what are you doing?" I remained still in my seat. His face altered into his blank expression. I was beginning to understand that expression very well. I felt like I was pressuring him asking all these questions which made me feel like I was getting the upperhand. 

"I haven't done anything to you this year. You should be thankful."

"It's going to take a lot in order to make me feel thankful towards a person like you." I scoffed. 

"Oh, so you're not thankful that I've stopped picking on you?" He showed confusion while raising an eyebrow.

"Not quite. You've done a lot of damage to an innocent person Sehun." I placed the small plastic bag into my backpack before I quickly got up and walked away. I was close to tears, but one thing I know is that I'm definitely not going to let Oh Sehun see them ever again. He was right in the sense that he hasn't done anything to me since the school year began. But it became another thing when he said that I should feel thankful. I mean, for what? For taking a break on bullying me? He can't just expect me to feel thankful at his sudden act of kindness. Did he think that by buying a couple of my things like kimbap and a milk tea can could just all of a sudden make everything go aw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter