An Angel's Approach

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

8:02 a.m. Thursday

 

I doodled inside one of my notebooks while Mr. Jung blabbered on about tests scores and all that jazz. Supposedly, more than half the class didn't do so well on the math test. It was a pretty big one and it marked what we had learned within the first quarter. He continued on about how some people need to stay after more for tutoring and to make a study group because blah blah blah and blah. I didn't need to worry about it though. I scored a 94% on the test. I have to admit though, it was a pretty hard test. All word problems, which I hated. Not really sure how I managed to get such a good score when I didn't even study for it. 

I sat in the front row on the far left by the window side with a classmate named Ji Eun. She sat on my right side. Like me, she didn't have many friends at school. Ji Eun was very quiet and shy. Though not many picked on her, she still was a victim of bullying in our school. Whenever we had to team up with school projects, we already knew that we'd be paired up together as no one else showed interest in us. Naturally she became my only partner for projects. After Mr. Jung stopped lecturing us about the tests, Ji Eun quietly whispered, 

"Hey I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Can you watch my stuff?" 

"Yeah, of course." I looked up from my doodle and saw that she already stood up from her seat. 

"Alright, thanks! I'll be back soon." she left the room. 

We only had about ten more minutes until homeroom ended. The teacher left and then everyone started chattering away. Some talking about a new club opening in the city and how they have to go this weekend. Others talking about how there will be a home game tomorrow. And then a couple people talking about rumors and gossip about the popular people. Something about Sehun dating Dahyun again. Even though I'm pretty sure he's not, since I just saw that er with another girl this past weekend. Unless he's two-timing. Then that's a different story. I began taking out my earbuds out of my desk so I could listen to some music, but then someone tapped my right shoulder. I turned around and surprisingly it was one of the angels who I nearly forgot was in my homeroom. He smiled before talking. 

"Hey! You staying after today?" he cutely asked me as he stole the seat from one of the guys who sat behind me. 

"Uh, I don't think so. Why?" I put my earbuds back inside my desk before fully turning around to face him in my seat.

"I have to make a study group." he then put his squishy face in the palms of his hands and he couldn't get any cuter than this. I chuckled a bit at his gesture. 

"Did you fail?" I asked.

"Oh, of course not! I'm actually making a study group for the guys. I'm pretty sure Chanyeol, Jongdae, Sehun, and Jongin need to be tutored. You see, Baek and I have already tried but we can't really get the guys to quiet down when we're all together. And it doesn't help when Baek, being one of the smart ones in the group also happens to be one of the loudest ones." we both chuckled because everything he said was true. Very true. 

"So you were asking if I would be staying in hopes to tutor your little friends?" I squinted my eyes. 

"Uhh, well..yeah and no?" he followed my gesture.

"I'd help, but I'm not really on talking terms with anyone of your friends." I said the truth.

"I know, I just thought it would be nice though because you are smart. But I get it. Honestly I probably wouldn't tutor any of them if I were you anyway. It's a hassle and I'm sorry if I made it a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter