A Regular

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

12:03 p.m.

 

I steathily strolled passed the enormous crowd of people who were now heading to the gymnasium for the pep rally. Football players and loud individuals were seen shouting out our school chant. Dahyun and her posse made up the cheerleading squad which were also chanting in parallel lines as they made their way behind and after the football team. I saw Chanyeol giving Jongin a piggyback ride as they shouted along the rest of the crowd. After reaching my locker and grabbing my backpack, I tried to get out of the building, but of course all the build up of people resulted in traffic. I could barely take a step forward without being pushed aside or shoved. All I wanted to do was get out of here, however, slowly the hallway became packed. I knew I should've grabbed my backpack before lunch, that way I could just leave through the cafeteria exit. 

I watched the whole football team and the cheerleaders go into the gymnasium. It was still a problem for me and a few though because the hallway only grew tighter as more and more people gathered to enter the gym. Through all the ruckus and noise, I couldn't help but hear Baekhyun and Jongdae's voice. They seemed to be behind me, but far enough for them not to notice my presence. I glanced over my shoulder, and there was a very tall guy who blocked my line of vision. I could still hear their voices, I just couldn't see them. Knowing that the two were just with the devil before the bell rang, I knew he couldn't be far either. I'm sure he tagged along with the two also, so to avoid any issues, I walked a bit faster, not caring if I shoved people. They did that to me anyway. Slithering through the rough crowd, the school entrance became visible. 

"YAH! Oh Sehun! Where are you goi-" I heard Jongdae's voice calling out the devil; though his voice diminishing as I walked away faster. 

"Sehunnie!" Baekhyun's voice a bit louder, but still subtle. 

I reached the entrance and opened the doors which greeted me with a breeze. The change in temperature grew colder as it adapted to the October month. Before walking ahead, I put my hands in my pockets and brought my shoulders up before reaching the bus stop. I could still hear the marching band and cheers from inside as I waited. A few students decided to skip the pep rally because I saw a couple go home in their cars, others settled for walking, and a group of students ate ddeokbukki at the food cart in front of our school. Usually when I get out of school, the bus would already be at the stop, however because early release happened today, I ended up waiting for nearly ten minutes before I saw the bus arrive. 

The doors opened to the bus and like always, I gave the bus driver a smile before entering. He did the same as I scanned my card. I walked through the empty vehicle and headed towards the back window seat. Before I sat down, I heard the little beep from the scanner that cued a bus rider. Assuming it was maybe the group who ate ddeokbukki at the stand, I didn't bother to turn around. However, as I sat down, I looked up and saw Sehun walking straight my way. I mocked his fixed expression as he came closer. Why is he here? Shouldn't he be cheering on two of his boyfriends with his other boyfriends? 

I couldn't even say 'no' before he let himself sit next to me. The swift of his scent, the expressionless face, his casual nature. All too familiar.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter