Hongdae Run In

A Breath Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

11:49 p.m. Friday

 

A week had passed since my sister's threatening lecture towards the guys. It not only left them shocked, but me as well. Embarassment written all over me when I apologized for her rude behavior afterwards. Though they brushed it off, I still couldn't help but feel sorry for what just happened. Suho had relayed his thoughts by saying that the situation wouldn't have happened if he kept an eye on the boys and checked on them every now and then. The boys meaning, Sehun and the rest of the guys at school who bullied me. Even Kyungsoo apologized for not taking care of the situation knowing that he still goes to school. Minseok, who had graduated first, felt embarassed to be friends with such "idiots". Knowing that my sister gave me money to pay for their meal, they still insisted on paying, but I refused each time. After much thought, they gave up, only if I accepted tip from them though. Before leaving I told them numerous times that they shouldn't feel apologetic because it was my sister who acted too rashly to them. I also told them that I knew Hye Rin wasn't talking about you guys, but then things got even more tense when I looked at Sehun. Of course Sehun got scolded by his hyungs as he had nothing to say about the situation. Sehun being Oh Sehun, rolled his eyes and didn't acknowledge his hyungs advice. 

I know this wasn't the first time he'd been yelled at by them. Last semester, after being locked in the janitor's closet during lunch by Sehun and Chanyeol, Suho and Kyungsoo had yelled at the two for doing such a thing. Yixing who happened to be wondering the hallway, had heard my screams during the time and helped me get out of the compacted area. After being in there for such a long time, I felt claustrophobic and needed to go to the nurses room. After leading me there, I assume he went to go tell the others and that's how they found out. I remember not going into my other classes for the rest of the day because of it. When the final bell rang, I went to my locker to grab my things and that's when I heard the bickering. Suho had yelled at Sehun while Kyungsoo, instead of words, was beating up the other tall figure. Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Jongin only laughed at the situation. 

In other words, the angels knew of how roudy their friends could get. They knew how far they'd be willing to go. And they knew how much I've been put through because of them. However, in the end all the yelling does nothing. It doesn't matter how much Sehun and the others get yelled at. The situation will only change when Sehun decides to stop, but that clearly hasn't happened yet. That day they put me in the janitor's closet, I remember not only going to class for the day, but also for the rest of the week. It wasn't the embarassment I felt that made me not go, it was because I needed a mental break. One week of missing school turned into two weeks. That's how much I needed to be away from him, from them. The following week was spring break so that allowed me to have another week off from school. For a total of three weeks I kept away from Sehun and his guys.

I will never forget that time. I may have been weak in people's eyes, I may have not stood up for myself, and maybe it was my fault for letting it happen, but the one thing I know is that I got through it. That point in my life signified how strong I was. I knew I could get through anything after those weeks. However, it wasn't until Sehun had said those things on the rooftop, that I felt like I had become worthless again. The way he looked up and down at me. The way he talked about repaying him in a different way. It all reminded me of how ty Oh Sehun made me feel. Like I was more than just worthless. I felt like a piece of trash. 

Before that incident on the rooftop, Sehun and the others had stayed away from me. I expected to be picked on in the beginning of the school year, but he hadn't really done anything up till now. We stayed clear from each other. Me being locked up in the closet was the last big thing he did to me before the school year ended last semester. I don't know if he was tired of picking on me, but he moved on to others. He even did the same thing to a freshman after I came back from spring break. I also don't know if my absence played a part in it, but he did stop picking on me. With only a couple weeks to finish the semester, I guess he got bored and started picking on other loners till the school year ended. Now, it feels like he grew tired of picking on those people and ran straight back to me. 

I couldn't really blame my sister for saying what she had to say the other day. It was definitely shocking and random, but it needed to be said. She was the only one who witnessed my puffy, soaked, blurry eyes. Hye Rin unnie had a thing for un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter