|| Chapter #23 ||

TWISTED

 Dealo/ Junghee's POV: 

    It was shocking to hear Youngji say that. But it was true. I looked over to Yongguk Hyung, wondering what he was thinking about the whole thing that Youngji Hyung said. If I remember correctly when I was hanging out with Yongguk Hyung once when he was 17 and I was 11, maybe a month before the whole bombing of the other hideout of ours. 

He had told me, that even though he didn't come and visit as much his brother and the rest of the members of the group. he still looked up to his brother. Yes, Youngji Hyung may not get to become a rapper like he wanted before wanting to protect others in the shadows. But one of the reasons why Yongguk Hyung looks up to him is because Youngji  Hyung kind of gave up his first dream, to help others, even in the shadows. We count as a mafia group, but we are usually called by the FBI to take care of the worse of the worse of Mafias here in Seoul, South Korea, and Beijing China. Since well those are our territory. 

Youngji hyung is very particular about his views on what is going on in the world right now. He dislikes a lot of what is going on in the world, and I feel like Yongguk Hyung might have gotten some of his views from his older brother. Youngji Hyung can rant for hours about what he sees in the world, sometimes with anger, which is understandable since he is such a thoughtful and softhearted person. Yongguk Hyung a lot of times, was around when Youngji would speak his mind about problems he hated, the danger, and even the things he likes. And a lot of the things Yongguk raps about can reflect a whole lot of what his brother used to talk about.

Youngji may not look like it, but he really likes kids, he always liked to make them laugh and make them smile. I feel like a lot of the reasons why Mr. and Mrs. Bang wanted more kids, was because they wanted Youngji Hyung to have a little brother or sister. And instead of one, Youngji Hyung ended up with two little brothers.

Zimo Hyung once told me, that he remembered how excited Youngji Hyung was when his mom told him they were having twins. he told me, Youngji wouldn't shut up about it for a while. 


Hongmin/ Rebels POV: 

   I looked at Yongguk, it was hard to believe the little boy, that used to follow his big brother around was already 27 years old. But it was true.

"You know Hyung.." I started, after the quite awkward silence. 

Youngji Hyung looked to me, "I know, you feel like no one needs you around anymore. Since most of us are already grown. Although I know Gou, Yang, or I can handle the group since we all know Zimo would Panic 24/7. There are some things we can't handle. I remember during the mission I was on, Gou often called me, asking what to do, because he was worried, or was scared of screwing up. I know we caused you a lot of worry and anger over the years, and losing Rei Hyung and Toya Ah was the worse, we all watched you break down that time and it was the hardest time. But with everything going on with Gahi, to a lot of our siblings getting targeted. We really need you now more than ever. You are our leader, our strongest, our bravest member, and right now we need your strength and mind. We can't do this without you." I said. 

With what I said, the other members nodded. "But," Youngji said.

Yongguk joined in, "If you die anytime soon, I will drag you from wherever you are and kill you again. You're my brother, we are too close, for you to think I can just sit around when you die." he said in a serious voice. He kept looking at Yongji as if daring his older brother to say something else about that topic. 

Youngji signed, "Alright, alright I get it Yongguk." Youngji said. 

"Anyways Hyung. What did you find out about the white jackets? Anything we can do to help Gahi."  I asked.

"I gathered a lot about them." He said.

"And what did you find out Hyung?" Koda asked. 

"Well, one manager thing is that they work with Jongki." Youngji Hyung said.

Chanhee froze, all color went away for a little when Youngji mentioned that name. 
"Chanhee what's wrong?" I asked. 

"Jongki was the one that kidnapped him when he was 7 and caused Chanhee's scars that he covered with tattoos." Youngji Hyung answered before Chanhee can. 

I froze, "Wait. The people who did this to Gahi were the ones who kidnapped Chanhee!" I said in shock and fear, a lot of feelings mixed into one. 

Youngji Hyung nodded, Chanhee almost fell over, having to force himself onto the couch. He had his head in his hand, and Tae went over to comfort him. 

"But why would they work for him?" Gou asked. 

"Money? Power? It's not too hard to understand." Zimo hyung answered. 

"W-what are we going to do?" Chanhee asked. For the first time his voice was shaking, it didn't hold the coldness, and strength it usually had. 

Youngji gave Chanhee a worried look for a little. Before Youngji signed. "Well, haven't figured that out yet. Since I have to talk it out with Zimo, Rebel, Yang, and Gou, before we do anything," he said. 

Koda looked like he wanted to disagree. 

"No, we aren't going to just sit around and do nothing. You know I hate that as much as you do." Youngji Hyung said, giving Koda a pointed look.  

Chanhee stood up, he was shaking, so he ended up almost falling over, causing the closest people to him, having to stop him from falling, which was Yongguk and Tae. 

"First of all, Chanhee. I need you to just sit down and relax. You're an attacker, you're not one of the trackers, nor are you one of the spies. You're not going to go and face Jongki anytime soon." Youngji hyung said. His voice carried a calm, serious voice that carried a leader-like sound to it. It was nice being here, with the others. This place was home to him and everyone, and these people were my second family. 

Chanhee signed as he sat down, leaning back on the couch we had. 

"Before anyone else comments something. We still have to plan everything out. And I'm especially talking to you Koda, Don't go and try to rush into danger, and go to try to attack the white jackets or Jongki." Youngji said.

"But they did this to Gahi," Koda said. 

"And I will handle their asses if Gahi gets worse. But you need to stay away from white jackets and Jongki. I'm being serious Jongho." Youngji Hyung said in a serious voice.

"But Hyung, I just can't sit around and do nothing! Gahi is my best friend!" Koda explained 

"I get it, Koda, If this were past me when we first lost Rei and Toya, I would have rushed in also. But you're not just going to put yourself in danger, but also everyone. Especially your twin brother. You're just going to put a target on your back that won't do any good for anyone. And that isn't what we need right now." Youngji Hyung said strictly to Koda, looking straight into his eyes. 

"Why would it affect Jongin? He has nothing to do with this?" Koda asked.

Youngji Hyung signed, "Because he means a lot to you. If I know Jongki's group. Especially his son, he would aim for the closest people to us, if we tried fighting back, without even a plan in mind. Do you know how dangerous it is anyways to rush into something you have no damn clue about? I need you to just stay put, into I order you to go out and track them down. I already lost two people, I don't need your death resting on my head for years to come do you hear me Kim Jongho." Youngji said.

Koda froze, when Youngji Hyung said, everyone was shocked. But to me, it didn't really bring out much of a shock. I knew him for long enough to know that he really does care for every one of us, like a second family. 

"Alright fine, Just. I'm tired of worrying about whether or not Gahi could have a heart attack or the worse panic attack he ever had, and I won't even be there." Koda said. Tears rolled down his eyes. "I hate feeling useless. While he could be in critical condition right now." Koda said. 

Youngji signed with a sad smile on his face. "I understand that. When the bombing of the other hideout happened, I felt utterly useless. Having to watch everything play out behind a screen was the worse. Especially since I'm the leader. It feels like I failed in protecting them when I was supposed to. Its the worse feeling in the world. To feel like you can't do anything. But look, I'm not letting anything happen to Gahi. To anyone close to us. Even if I have to turn this whole country upside down. I will do it. Something with Zimo, Hongmin, and all the other hyung line of this group. But going in without a plan won't help anything. And that's the only thing I need you to remember. We have to make sure Gahi is safe and sound before we blindly go into the building of the white jacket and Jongki." Youngji Hyung said.

We all nodded, all of us in nineteen, all sixteen of us. It was weird to know that we started with nineteen, yet there is only sixteen now. 


Young ji's POV: 

 Later:

Mikey was looking up something on the computer. Tae wasn't trying to map anything right now since there was nothing to map. 

Zimo, Rebel, Yang, Gou, and I was sitting at the table trying to figure something out. I don't know how we ended up talking about whatever it was. But suddenly Rebel chooses to bring up the past yet again.

"Youngji. Do you remember about the time you told me, about when Yongnam and Yongguk tried to prank you?" He asked.

I raised an eyebrow. "How exactly did we get to the point of talking about that?" I asked. 

"Just, do you remember?" He asked.

I didn't know what this was about, but I nodded. "Yeah. It was cute that they tried pranking me, even if I can tell them apart." I said.

"Your the only one that can," Zimo said.

"Even so," I said. 

I remembered the exact moment that happened. 

Flashback: 

Yongnam and Yongguk were around 8 years old when this happened. And I remember I was around 13 years old. Seeing I was five years older than them. 
I was reading some book that I don't remember the title of. But anyways, they suddenly came walking over close to me. I wasn't paying much attention to their behavior in the beginning. 

It wasn't until Yongnam had asked me a question. 

"Hyung." He started.

I paused reading the page I was at, as I bought the book to my lap, looking at the two 8-year-old boys infront of me. 

"Whats wrong?" I asked.

I didn't know what they were up to, but I can tell they were up to something. 

Later... 

It wasn't until later that day moment when they mentioned something else, that I don't really remember anymore, that I figured out exactly what was happening. And a small smile went on my face, as I realized they were trying to act like the other, they were doing it for almost the whole day now. 

I tried not to laugh when Yongnam was trying so hard to act like Yongguk, and Yongguk trying to act like Yongnam, although they were identical twins, there were still differences between them, and it seems to be more differences than similarities. It was funny, that they think they can prank me, the one person that can actually tell them apart. It was also cute, I knew what their reactions were going to be when I tell them I actually know.

I smiled softly as I looked at them, their backs were turned away from me, as they were talking about something secretly. 
When they turned around, they kept looking at me with looks, that I could pin as curious, trying to figure out if I know who was who. And well I can. 

And it's because, well, Yongguk always had that slight determination and fire in his eyes and Yongnam was more of the quiet yet talkative one when needed to be. Yongguk can be shy sometimes, only going close to people his interested in. Other than that he doesn't really get close to people. He doesn't have very many friends, other than Yongnam, his twin brother.

"So, what are you guys up to?" I asked.

They blinked at me, not figuring out what I was talking about.

I smiled,  "I know you're trying to prank me, by trying to be the other." I said.

They froze, their eyes widened, I can tell they were slightly pouting also. 
"Not fair. You should have told us you knew sooner!" They both whined at the same time, which is something they rarely did. 

I laughed. " I kind of wanted to see how long you would carry on," I said. 

"How can you tell us apart? Yet not even our parents or Noona can?" Yongguk asked.

"Not sure, I just can," I said. I knew the reason, I just didn't want to have to explain to them.

And no, that answer I have always had them asking still. When the topic of the memory came up they always brought up the same question.

- End of Flashback. - 

 

"How can you tell them apart anyway?" Rebel asked after I got out of my thoughts. 

I know Yongguk was looking at from behind my back, listening to the conversation. Yongnam and Yongguk have been wanting to know for years ever since that day. I just never gave them the real answer.

I smiled, I looked to Zimo, who was looking to me with a knowing look, after looking at Yongguk. 

"They never asked what your reaction was when you found out you were having little brothers?" Zimo asked.

Rebel looked at Zimo with a confused look. "I asked him a question already hyung. How does that have anything to do with what I asked?" Rebel asked.

"Actually it is, I remember Jiho wouldn't stop asking me when he was 9 years old if I even wanted two little brothers. And wouldn't shut up about it until I answered." Zimo said.

"That answer is easy," Mikey said.

"How so? When even Yongguk and Yongnam can't even figure it out." Rebel asked.

"Mikey can Hack into anything," Yang said. 

"But still." Rebel said.

I signed, as I rolled my eyes. I forgot, how rowdy this group is sometimes.

"What was your reaction anyways?" Yang asked.

I laughed. "Well, I was five years old if I remember. When they told me I was having little brothers... " I paused. Everyone was looking over, I can feel Yongguk was really listening now.

"I was very excited. Since I was always wanting a little sibling. And instead ended up with two. I guess the reason why I can tell them apart so much. Is because I always played with them when they were little, even when I started school, the first thing I did was run inside to see what my little brothers were doing." I answered. 

"I guess after a while, I kind of started to put a list in my head about differences and similarities. Likes and dislikes and more." I added.