|| Chapter #22 ||

TWISTED

Koda's POV: 

I was shocked when the one who texted me was Gahi, I looked at the text. Reading the text made a slight panic in my head. 'What the hell is he saying?' I thought. 

' From; Gahi 

" It's time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and

I'd much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure." 

- Ernie Harwell 

Why does that quote match so much?' 

 

I was confused and shocked. Normally Soohyun wouldn't just send me a quote, who wrote it and said 'why does the quote match so much.  It was so confusing, I had to stop myself from calling Gahi. And demanding where he was and what the hell was going on. Good thing I didn't call him, cause the next thing I knew, another text rolled in. 

 

'From" Gahi ' 

Don't call me, I just wanted to get that out of my system. 

I'm sorry... - Gahi 

 

I didn't know what was going on. But I could almost feel a longing and coldness to those words. I put my phone in my pocket, before walking, I didn't realize that I was actually walking towards home until I was already there. I opened the door; I saw everyone looking to me. 

I saw Sehun there, a film in front of him and My brother was next to him. "Koda your back we are about to play the video.," Gou hyung said.

"What video?" I asked.

"The security camera tape," Zimo Hyung said.

I froze, "But Youngji hyung isn't even here, " I said. 

"I made a copy of the tape, so he can look at it when he comes back, which I think is soon. Because his mission is almost over too." Mikey hyung said. 

I froze, kind of shocked, but I didn't say anything. 

Time Skip

The tape was shocking, in the tape, it was Soohyun standing in the middle of the alleyway not moving for a little, he had his hand on his side. Where it was said he was shot at. I was clenching my fist, he was opening his mouth, talking; but was not talking to anyone. It was shocking and confusing at the same time. 

It was more confusing than when we first started. Since that was all there from the day before Gahi left. Everyone looked each other. 

We knew one thing for sure, it could also mean something depending on what he was saying, and I feel like Gou and Yang kind of knew something hiding deep within the video.


Yongji's POV:

   I got on my bike and started going towards the hideout a backpack of stuff behind me, I was done with my mission, only bringing a bag of stuff from my apartment in Busan. It took four years, but I finally finished the mission. 

I passed a van, and I knew who it was. I didn't have to look over to realize that it was my little brother and his group members. I went through traffic, not stopping till I got to the gate.

I looked over to see Bap's van stopping right behind me, I saw they all looked at me with shocked looks, especially Yongguk. I signed, knowing I would have to tell them later, why I'm here so early than expected. 

I pressed my code. the gate open, I rode in. Parking my bike. I got Off, after making sure it was standing up. Before I took my helmet off and walked over to the door. I signed before I used the code again. I could feel my brother's piercing gaze on the back of my head. But I didn't do anything. As I walked in. I could hear footsteps rushing after me, not wanting to get locked out. 

But I didn't look over still. I looked in front of me. I saw my group members all were doing something, scattered around. When I walked in looking at all of them, with an unreadable expression. They stopped what they were doing, hurrying to stand up before me.

"Where is the tape?" I said. 

"But Hyung I haven't figured out about what it means.." Mikey said. 

"Show me the tape. I will try to figure out." I said.

The others looked to Mikey; who signed, as he walked to the computer and started it on. I walked over and stood behind his back, I felt Zimo, Yang, Rebel, and Gou standing next to me. They were the oldest members after me anyway. I watched the scene that Mikey had saved. Which wasn't that long. 

He was standing there in the alleyway, holding the side of him, where he got hurt. "That's where he got shot," I said. I thought for a little. As the others looked at me, I felt a piercing glare at me and knew it was my brother. "Rewind the tape," I said.

"But Hyung it's just him standing in place the whole time," Mikey said.

"Mikey just trust me and rewind the tape," I said.

Mikey didn't say a word as he rewinds it. "Stop," I said. He stopped it, confusedly looking at me, "Play it now." I said. 

He played it again. And I saw a figure above with a shotgun, someone next to him wearing a white jacket. I froze, I think everyone noticed because they were looking at me confused. "Hyung. Whats wrong?" Mikey asked. 

I felt tense as I remembered what those lab jacket-wearing people did to Gahi. I pointed at the screen, "That's one of those bastards." I said I was clenching my hand into a fist.

Gou followed where I was pointing. Everyone was looking over at me, giving me confused expressions even more. 
I rolled my eyes and signed. "His part of this organization that injected Gahi with that red substance, It's their fault Gahi is going through this crap," I growled out. Everyone's eyes widened. 

"What!?" They all said. 
"How do you know they did this?" Hongbin asked calmly. 

"I've been trailing those bastards for 4 years. I even had Yang spy on them from their headquarters." I said. 
"So that's what you've been doing? That was your mission?" Koda asked with widened eyes. 

"Yes. You and Gahi weren't ready yet for that kind of mission. So I left you guys with Gou for four years to try to find out as much as I can." I said. 

"All this time I thought you left for a completely different reason.. Gou didn't even tell us anything.." Bjay said. 

"I told him not to. The next thing I wanted was you guys wanting to tag along or something. It was a dangerous mission, that I wasn't sure I would come home from. Which is why I left Yang with instructions just in case I died and you guys lose your leader. For him and Gou to take over the group if I were to die." I said. 

They all looked at me shocked. Sehun especially, I kind of forgot he was here. 
"You risked your life for my brother?" He asked. 

"Yes, because they are my second family. What kind of leader would I be if I didn't even try to find out what it is and how to stop it." I paused to look at him.
"I have had to tell the news three times already when a member passed. and it was always so hard. Especially when two of them were my best friends. And one was a kid that I had trained myself." I said. 

"You trained all of us Hyung..." Dealo mumbled. He was hit on the back of the head lightly by Gou.

I looked at him, he was looking down a little, rubbing his head, where Gou hit him. It was so hard to believe the youngest was already 21 years old. And he was so tall already. I laughed a little. "Your right I did. Yours was the longest thought kid. You were 8 years old when you started." I said. 

"He has the easiest position. Why would it take the longest?" Mikey asked. 

I looked at him, I chuckled. "He couldn't tackle the others when he was training. He had a hard time with his weapon at first. And then it took longer especially the week after he met Yongnam and Yongguk. He kept getting distracted, cause Yongguk always followed me to the hideout.  Most of the time I actually had to send Yongguk to hang out with Gou so that Dealo would concertante, " I said.

The other members started laughing, as Dealo was frowning. I saw all of BAP was looking at Yongguk with shocked looks, except for Zelo. 

"Hyung. Yongguk followed you to the hideout since you created the group. Long before even Dealo was training. Dealo was the last to join. We already were a group before that for 3 years. Yongguk was 10 years old at that time." Hongbin said. 

Dealo was confused. "Wait. What?" he questioned.

"I was fourteen when I started this. Gahi, Koda, and Toya were the youngest to join. You I think was already 8 when we let you in. But before that, the three of them was the youngest." I started. 

"I remember that. Yongguk wouldn't leave you alone, even when you had to meet up with me, Rei and Rebel when we were trying to plan everything out in the tree house in the earlier days. He was only 8 years old and wouldn't leave when you told him too." Zimo said. 

Bap was laughing trying to imagine their leader like that, as Yongguk was just staring daggers at me. 

"Well, he was only a kid. He looked up to Yongji so much back then and followed him everywhere, He used to come to our hideout daily right after school. He would run here and hang out here until Yongji had to go home. Through Elementary and Junior high this happened. Through Highschool, he didn't come by as much as he used to." Rebel said. 

When Rebel was talking, I turned around to look at the screen, acting like I was looking at the screen to find out anything else. But really, I wasn't. 

I smiled softly when I remembered those moments when Yongguk was a kid. It was hard to imagine that he was 27 years old already. Time passed very fast. Sometimes I missed those times when he used to follow me everywhere, ask me 21 questions when I was training the other members, and even when he used to follow me around everywhere during the time he didn't have school to go to. I sometimes in my dreams saw Yongguk as a kid, and then when I turned around he was a man. 

I was proud of who he is, who he grew up to be, and the journey he went through to get to this point. Although it was hard for me to grasp, that he doesn't really need me anymore, and both my little brothers are grown up, when It seems like a minute ago they were just kids. 

I must have spaced out a little. Because Rebel was looking to me, leaned over the chair, and also Zimo, Gou, and Yang. I realized tears were softly rolling down my cheeks. 
"Hyung," Rebel whispered. So no one heard but the oldest, with the exception of Mikey. 

I shook my head as I wiped the tears that went down my cheeks. "It's fine." I softly said enough for the closest members to hear. 

"But Hyung this is the first time-" Rebel whispered.

I smiled softly. "Really Rebel it's fine, It's just.," I said softly as I paused. 

"Time passed too fast," Zimo said. 

"Yeah," I said. 

"It's understandable. Especially with how dangerous our lives are." Hongmin said. This time everyone heard. 

I could feel the confused faces.

I smiled a soft smile as I patted Hongmin's head for a little. "Anytime we could die or go missing. -" I trailed on. I knew already that if anything happened to me, Yongnam and Yongguk will be okay. And the group would be taken care of. 

The others were looking at me, waiting for me to go on with what I was going to say next. When I didn't add to it, Gou did. 

"Sad to think about isn't it," Gou said. 

Zimo and Rebel were looking at me, knowing what I was thinking. 

"Are you still worried about what would happen if something were to happen to you?" Zimo asked. "Seeing that your our leader and strongest member. Everyone is sometimes out for your head." 

I shook my head, as I looked to Zimo, "Not anymore. All of the members are grown up now. I'm pretty sure You, Yang or Gou can take over the group. I trained Gou and Yang to take over just in case." I said.

I felt the other members burning holes in my head, but I ignored it. Mikey was giving me a sad look.

"Your right with that. But what about your brothers?" Zimo asked. 

I smiled sadly, "Before I was. But not anymore. They aren't kids anymore, they are grown up now. I don't need to worry about them not being able to fight back if something were to happen and I wasn't there to do it myself. But now seeing that they're already 27. I'm pretty sure they will be fine. Even with me not around," 

Zimo smiled a sad smile. 


A/N: Sorry this took so long, I've been on an author's block lately. And then the chapter isn't that long. I will start typing the 23rd chapter now.

Please tell me what you think of this new chapter. See you soon!~

- Nic (RemeRis96)