|| Chapter #21 ||

TWISTED

Gahi's (Soohyun) POV:

I didn't know where I was going, I was hungry and my whole body was hurting. I felt myself about to collapse, I looked up to see that I was on the edge of Seoul, I didn't know how the hell I got here so fast, the only thing I can think of is that Youngji Hyung lived between Busan and Seoul. I walked in the city, I slipped down against a tree, I couldn't go on, I couldn't breathe. I was thankful it was daylight, that no storm was going on and barely anyone around.

For some reason, when I closed my eyes. I can hear screaming, someone screaming out loudly in agony, and later a big loud noise, sounding like a bomb exploding. I opened my eyes fast, I looked around, my heart was beating fast, I felt numb, I was shaking uncontrollably. 

I knew it was one of my panic attacks yet again. And I didn't know what to do, this is the second time when I have a panic attack and Koda wasn't around.  Usually, he was around. So since he wasn't around And I tried to count to 10, but it didn't work.

Tears rolled down my cheeks. I tried to calm myself and unconsciously I started thinking of some memories with Koda for some reason, I don't know why while on a panic attack I think of him. But I couldn't help it. 

Flashback: 

I was at this beautiful place alone, next to a pond, with a small grassy field, there was a big will tree in the middle. Three years old
me was there alone because my older brother left me behind to go and hang out with friends and Sehun met this one kid, that I don't even remember what his name is, but it wasn't Jongin or Luhan hyung. 

no one wanted to hang out with me, I could feel my mom looking over at me with sad eyes. But she didn't come over and I didn't know why she left me here to cry. But she just did. 

I was sure no one would come, it wasn't until I saw what looked like to be tennis shoes in front of me and a high voice, the person sounded around my age. 

"Whats wrong? Why are you all alone?" the other kid asked. 

I lifted my head to look up at the kid, to see if he even really was around my age. And he was, or he looked to be my age. 

"No one wants to play with me, No one wants to hang out with me, I-I'm always alone," I sniffled again. I felt disgusted I was afraid that the other kid would think I was weak, even with being only 3 years old, I was scared he would deem me weird and not want to hang out. 

"Why doesn't no one want to hang out with you?" The other kid, he plopped down next to me, which shocked me, because the only ones who even wanted to come close to me were my brothers. And right now I was sad that they left me, even my own twin brother didn't bother asking if I wanted to hang out with him and his friend. But then again, I don't like being the third wheel. And I think Sehun just got tired of someone like me.

"Because I'm the weirdest kid on the planet and everyone is scared of me," I mumbled. The other kid looked at me with worry and confusion, as he tried to pinpoint why I looked at myself like that. He just met me and he was already worried about me. 

"Why would you think that of yourself?" he asked.

"Because No one wants to be my friend. When ever we come to this place I'm always the odd one out." I said as I sniffled, more, trying to wipe the tears away, but tears kept flowing down. 

The other kid frowned, "You're not weird, or odd. I'm talking to you right now, and your fun to talk too." He said.

I froze, I looked at him with confusion, "But you haven't spoken to me that long.." I said.

"Yeah, but you don't seem like a mean person. I'm starting to like you," He said.

"You only talked to me a few minutes ago," I said. 

"So what," the just turned four years old Koda had said.

"But then-" I said. I was interrupted by him frowning at me, and lightly poking me on the forehead with his pointer finger. It didn't hurt at all. It was very gentle, but I could still feel it. 

"Do you think I care if other kids like me? I'm fine if I grow up to only have one best friend, but I'm not leaving you alone." Koda had said.

I was shocked when he said that, I didn't think anyone would want to be my best friend willing. But here the just turned four years old Koda was declaring that he wanted to be my best friend even if he only knew me for 3 minutes. I started crying again, and when I did. Koda was shocked, he was frantically trying to stop me from crying. 

"Why are you crying again? You don't want to my best friend?" He asked.

"T-that's not it." I started. He gave me a confused face.

"I want to be your best friend. But this is the first time anyone said they wanted to be my best friend willing." I said. 

When I said that a small but real smile went on his face and it shocked me. He had such a warm smile, that made me smile a little. When he saw me smile his smile on his face got a little wider. "So you can smile," He stated. 

I looked down, but a smile was still on my face, "You look much better smiling." he said. 

"By the way, I'm Kim Jongho. I'm four years old. I just turned maybe a week ago." He had said. He brought his hand out to me a smile on his face. 

"I-I'm Oh Soohyun, I turn 4 On April 12," I said. We shook hands smiles on our faces. By now Koda's face just looked like it can spilt his face as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 
"So we are both 94 liners!" He called out in joy. I didn't know why that mattered to him so much. But shortly after he dragged me along to play with him. 

- End of flashback-

I felt a big smile on my face, as I remembered that memory. I felt much better, the panic attack stopped. Koda was not only my first best friend I had, but he was my only best friend. Yes the other nineteen members are close to me, but they aren't my best friend, I had only one. But they were my friends, teammates and second family. But I knew some of the others felt the jealousy cause of the bond me and Koda had. 

Koda was the very first one other than my older brother and Sehunnie that reached out and wanted to be my friend. I knew without a doubt that my brothers loved me, I loved them also.

Before Koda I was too scared to talk to others, I feared rejection and I feared the harsh words they would say. I had a fragile heart, in a sense that underneath my cold exterior, I was a big softie. I cared too much about others, often turning others pain to my own, I cared more about others than myself. and I trusted people so easily back then, and it hurt when they betrayed me and took me for granted. 
I remember every time I cried about getting bullied after running away and to the same spot I always ran too, that became Koda and I's special spot. Almost a moment later Koda came running over, probably hearing from my mom or brothers that I had run off or something. 

He always asked me what happened in a caring, gentle voice. As soon as I tell him, his face would turn into a kind of angry face. When it first happened. I was kind of taken aback.

It wasn't until Jongin had told me that his brother was very over protective over people he gets close, I finally knew that why. 
Plus I was weak back then, I couldn't fight back when people used harsh words, when others beat me down, when I got bullied I always just kept quiet. I was Naive back in elementary school.

Some of my classmates took advantage of my kindness. Which is why I use such a hard exterior. Though I had no memory recall of the ages of 10 - 11 years old.

Even if I use a cold exterior, I still find Koda is still quite protective. I guess he just doesn't want others to take advantage of me. I remembered whenever Sehun wasn't around Koda would stick to me like glue. Though Sehun never saw the weak side of me, when ever he was around, I was the one who acted like the tougher one. Sehun was the same as me, He cared a lot about others he is close too, he had a big heart, the difference was that. Sehun was a lot more sensitive than me. Though for me I was, most of the time I didn't really give a flying ducks what others think. And So even if I had my problems I always protected Sehun, watching over him like a hawk. 

I was thankful to have Koda as my best friend. I don't remember if I ever told him that. But it was true. I smiled a lot more than I did before he came along. 

All of this made me miss Koda and everyone for the matter.

I even remembered that when I protected Sehun and acted tough hearted, even though I wasn't sometimes. I think that's how the fact that Koda became the one I constantly leaned on too when I couldn't take the weight of both my brother and I. Koda was mentally and physically stronger than me. I may be a few centimeters taller than Koda now. But I know he will always be stronger. 

No matter what I acted, I wasn't tough hearted, my heart was too warm hearted. I was mentally unstable, I was strong, but my best strong point was my speed. Which is why everyone called me 'Silver storm' 

Flashback:

"Why do you act so strong around Sehun so much? I'm pretty sure your brother wouldn't mind if you revealed your weaknesses to him?" Koda had asked me when he found me crying in front of the tree again. 

"Because he is more sensitive than me. I would rather have others beat me down than my brother getting hurt." I said. That made Koda frown. "Then I will be your strength, I will be the muscle." He said. 

I was confused. But when I looked at his face, I just knew that he was being serious. 

- End of Flashback.- 

Even till this day, I think that's why he's always trying to keep his strength up. He may not look like it. But he was one of the strongest members. He kept that promise for me, between the two of us, his the muscle in the team, and I was the speed and brain. That's why we are such a good team. But yet, I couldn't tell him anything that was going on. 


Mikey's POV: 

   I looked down, I didn't know where to begin for this, but I knew he wasn't going to leave till I said something.

"I don't know where to begin," I said.

I could feel Mark looking at me with a sad face, even if I was looking at my shoes. I didn't have to look up to see the look of worry on his eyes and face. 
"I have all afternoon, Got7 finished dance practice early. Since Jackson told me that Jayden called saying that you all were going through a hardship and you've been stressing out.." Mark said softly. 

"Jayden. Told Jackson.." I mumbled.

"All Jackson said was that Jayden told him that you haven't' really slept these past few days and that you walked out of the hideout without telling anyone," Mark said.

"That is true," I said in a slow voice. I put my head in my arms.

"Why? You can tell me, haven't I always told you that you could tell me anything." My brother said.

I knew he was telling the truth. So I went out and told him, "When Gahi was eleven, he was kidnapped, he got a red substance in his body that affected his mind and lungs were affected. And now his heart might be getting targeted next. And we don't know what the substance is or what it's doing to him on the inside. And whats worse is that he doesn't remember Anything," I said. 

Mark had shocked eyes, as I finished telling him, the only ones who would know what really happened would be Gahi. No one ever knew, but then again, he didn't even know. 


Koda's POV:

I was sitting by the tree, my head in my arms that were on my legs. I wiped tears away, I felt someone ruffle my hair. But when I looked up, I didn't see anyone. 

"Don't cry." I heard a voice say.

But still I looked around and no one was around. But the presence I felt didn't go away, and I felt like someone was here, right next to me. 

My phone made a noise like I was receiving a text, I looked at the screen and I was surprised to see the one who sent it. 


Sehun's POV: 

I blinked. Every one of the others was looking towards me And Jongin. I saw a sad look flash through Zimo Hyungs eyes.
"So what did you find out?" He asked.

I looked to the videotape. "I got this. But.. we should wait for Jongho.." I said.

 They looked at eachother. I saw them nodding. They looked lost like they wanted to tell me something, But they didn't want too. The door opened. And it was Mikey, Mikey blinked at everyone, especially when the younger line jumped at him and hugged him tightly asking him where he has been,

"Where is Jongho?" Mikey asked.
"He went out after hearing the news." Zimo Hyung said sadly, as he smiled sadly. 

Mikey gave me and Jongin a sad look. "Looks like we are falling apart huh?" Mikey said looking at all of his crew members, I didn't know what to say, I looked to Jongin. We both thought the same. I was suffering too, but I knew it could never be as much as what my brother went through. 

And the thing is, I didn't know if I even wanted to watch the video... 
But I knew I had to know, I just had too.