|| Chapter #25 ||

TWISTED

Jaeyong/Jay Jay's POV: 

I was on a mission, Yang Hyung was still testing the blood. I know its only been one day, but Gahi's been missing for almost two weeks. 

I was currently jumping from rooftop to rooftop. When I heard someone call out to me. "HYUNG!" I heard. I froze about to jump from a two story to another two story. I looked down, to realize that it was Changkyun, behind him was the other members of Monsta X. I blinked, I signed, as I jumped down to the ledge on the first floor, before jumping infront of my brother and s. 
"Whats up Kid?" I asked. 

"What are you doing out?" Changkyun asked.

I rolled my eyes, "It's not like I don't have missions you brat." I said. 

Changkyun frowned at me, "I mean, what is your mission?" he asked. He kind of asked with a voice that sounded like he was silently judging me. 

I rolled my eyes, "Yah Lim Changkyun, I'm your older brother. I should smack your head, but I won't." I said. 

"I'm asking because you're never out much, I'm not judging you Hyung," Changkyun said. 

I signed, "Whatever you brat." I said. I gave him a noogie. He groaned as he started complaining that his hair felt like it was being pulled out.

"You know, I can't even do that with The giant baby now," I said.

Changkyun blinked and gave me a confused look, as he tilting his head.

"Nineteens Maknae, that's what I call him now. Well expect for Yongji, he calls him Kiddo." I said. 

"Junghee?" Changkyun asked. 

I nodded, "You two are the same age if I remember." I said. 

"How tall is he? I've seen his twin brother and his like 189 cm." Changkyun said.

"There the same height. Both 189 cm, 6'2." I said. 

The look on every one of Monsta X's eyes widened. I smiled, "He's not even the tallest. The tallest is 6'4." I said. Everyone froze even more. 

"So, Anyways, What is your mission?" Changkyun asked. 

I looked around to make sure no one else is around. 

"Well, I'm the negotiator in the group. I'm out to use my negation skills. Apparently, - " I froze in what I was going to say. When I saw green smoke get shot up in the air, but I had no idea what it meant. I didn't remember any other colored smoke of ours get shot out, usually yellow is the third being shot up in the air. I took my blue smoke gun and shot it up, a confused look still on my face.

I took my walkie-talkie and pressed the button, "What are you two idiots doing, the red, or black smoke wasn't shot up." I said. 

I let go of the button to let it beep. 

 

*Beep* 

"Hyung, We have the results," Mikey said. 

*Beep*- Another beep sounded. 

"Jay Jay, bring Monsta X over," Zimo Hyung said.

 

I blinked I didn't know why Zimo Hyung was telling me to bring Monsta X when he wasn't even here. "But Hyung, Daeyou isn't even here," I said. 

 

*Beep* 

"Just bring them over," Youngji Hyung answered. 

 

I was still blinking, even after turning off the walkie-talkie. "What the hell- This makes no sense," I said confused. "Maybe they need to talk to the members." the manager asked. "That would make sense. But Daeyou isn't here. And Daeyou would kill me if he finds out I brought Hoseok to the hideout without him being around," I said. 

The manager blinked, " Who is Daeyou? I don't get you guys and your nicknames." He said. I started laughing when he said this, "Oh yeah I keep forgetting you haven't heard the nickname. And its far from his real name." I commented. "I'm talking about Hojun," I said, as I smiled. When I mentioned his name, the manager understood. And the other Monsta X members other than Hoseok looked confused. Even my brother did, "Who's Hojun?" Changkyun asked. 

I smiled, "My best friend. And Hoseok's big brother. He hasn't been around since he was 16." I said. When I called Hojun or known to us as Daeyou as my best friend, Hoseok looked confused. "Best Friend?" He asked.

"They've known eachother since they were 5.." The manager said.

"How do you know even know that Hyung? Yet I didn't?" Hoseok asked.

I looked down, I knew the answer. I knew exactly what happened. We all do, all 18 of us. Which was once 20 and then 2 died (Rei Hyung and Toya)  one went off MIA (Daeyou/Hojun)  and one is switching between the group and solo (Rebel Hyung). 
I didn't realize what was going on, until Changkyun was wiping something away from my cheeks and was looking at me with worried eyes, yet his face shown confusion and surprise. 
"Hyung? What's wrong?" Changkyun asked the last part of the sentence when he asked me what was wrong was in English. 

"It's fine Changkyun," I answered my brother. Before I looked to Hoseok who was looking at me with a more confused face, yet his eyes were the same, shown worry just like Changkyun's does. Even though he doesn't remember me, he doesn't remember any of us. 

I felt the manager put a hand on my shoulder, he squeezed my shoulder. He knew what happened what Hojun was forced to do. I told him at the very beginning, the company CEO knew too, I had told them before Hoseok was put on No Mercy. 

"I knew you since you were two years old.." I said softly. But Hoseok heard me since I was like right infront of him, 

"How? When?" Hoseok asked.

"I met your older brother when I was five like your manager just said. That being said, I was around when you were two years old. I met you after a week of hanging out with your brother. I was around until you were 15... So before all this, I knew you for 13 years," I said. 

"How come I don't remember meeting Changkyun? I would have had to, since his your little brother," Hoseok asked me. 

"Now, that one. I was kidnapped when I was 5 and this kid here was a year old, I couldn't find my family because by the time they were in America or Israel I don't remember for sure." I said. I looked to Changkyun for clarification, since he knew more than I did at the part.

"We were in America, for 3 years of Elementary, then had to move to Israel for 4 years." My brother said.

"Oh.. Well.. I didn't even have long to be an older brother to him before I was whisked away. I don't know if my parents even looked for me for those years. I didn't meet the kid until he came back to Seoul. Which was around his middle school years." I said. 

"I'm not a kid!" Changkyun compilaned. 

I rolled my eyes. "I'm your older brother. You will always be a kid to me." I said. 
Changkyun frowned, I laughed at ruffled his hair. 

"Anyways, the Short story is something out of our control happened, something that caused us, for the first time to have to shot up the black smoke gun in the air. And you were put in a station when coming home from school when you were fifteen years old. It got so bad, to the point were Daeyou couldn't fight anymore, and Youngji Hyung had to step in and stop it all himself. In the end, we were forced to make the forgetfull mist especially for you, where it erased the memories of all of Nineteen, Meeting all of us, meeting me, and knowing about your brother's identity as Daeyou, " I said. 

Hoseok eyes widened when I said that. 

"Look. I know, it shocks you. But it's true. We're so sorry Hoseok. You brother even cried the whole time while doing it, we all cried. We get close to everyone who gets taken to the nineteen hideouts and goes there all the time. Before all that, you went over almost every day. You were the first one we had to use the forgetfull mist on, to protect you. Daeyou went into hiding, and no one but Youngji Hyung know's where he went." I said. 

Time Skip: 

It was surprising to me when Hoseok said he wanted to go to the hideout, but I mean I was told to bring them there already. But then I didn't take them there right away since I had to explain a question. I had explained to Hoseok the shortened version. But the long version was even sadder. 

It was difficult to take Monsta X with me to the hideout because Jooheon kept complaining, especially when he saw we had to go through the sewer and wouldn't go on the skateboard I handed him. Kihyun kept asking me questions, Minhyuk was being as energetic as always, Hongwon was just walking slowly, he was born sleepy, although Hyunwoo wasn't making any noise and neither was Changkyun, he kept staring at me, and I've noticed that Hoseok kept jumping at every sound he heard.  

"Geez. We are finally here." I said. As I saw the metal door. I froze as I heard music from the training room. "Who is in the training room?" I asked.

"You have a training room?" Changkyun asked. 

"Well yeah, we did most of our training here at this hideout. Its the oldest hideout of all the ones we have. The Training room is actually also a Gym," I said. I hurried to unlock the door, not wanting Jooheon to complain again about the smell or anything. When I walked through the door, to see the hall on the bottom floor, you can hear the music more clearly. It was hip-hop. 

I slowly went to the training room/ gym. With my brother, Hyunwoo, Hoseok, Kihyun, Minhyuk, Hyungwon and Jooheon following after like ducklings

I froze when I saw Dealo by the wall next to the door, looking like he wanted to knock but couldn't, I can tell he just came back from a mission, he was still wearing his mission clothes. I froze, as I looked around. I sort of forgot the hallway here was sort of narrow. And Dealo had Claustrophobia. 

If the person in the Training room/ Gym was who I thought it was, he would be able to help, since Hoseok had Acrophobia, he dealt with Hoseok's panic attacks during those times. I walked to the door. And on the door, "Hojun!" I called loud enough to be heard over the music. 

I heard the music stop. "Jay?" He called. 

"Yeah, It's me, but I need you to come out here," I said. I looked to Daelo who was shaking his head in his arms. I could try to calm him down, but I didn't know much about Dealo's panic attacks. I've dealt with Changkyun's panic attacks, and anxiety but never Dealo or even Gahi's and it may be a little different. 

"Whats wrong?" Hojun called from the other side. 

"Dealo has Claustrophobia, and the hallway is to Narrow.," I said. 

He didn't answer back, but I heard soft footsteps walking over to the door before the door opened. And he was looking face to face with me, He looked over to see Hoseok first, his eyes widened. "You brought Hoseok here?" He asked.

"Yeah, but Hojun we have no time for this right now." I pointed to Dealo who was whimpering, Kihyun was trying to calm him down, but it wasn't working. Dealo was to busy mumbling something to himself that no one can understand. 

"How long has he been there?" Hojun asked. 

"I don't know. I just got here. But he looked like he wanted to knock on the door to where you were, but he couldn't." I answered. I knew there was no way Hojun could forget that I brought Hoseok here, even after all that happened before, and he didn't know I told Hoseok a little of the story. But he right now was focusing on Dealo.

"Claustrophobic?" Hojun said.

I blinked and looked at him. "Yeah, though I don't remember how or when it started, I wasn't there.

Hojun froze, his eyes widened. 

"What? did you remember something?" I asked. 

"He was eleven years old," Hojun commented. " I had to drop off Hoseok here, before rushing to where he was.." he said. 

I froze, "Wait for one second.." I said as I paused Before I looked at him with widened eyes. "You were there?" I asked. 

"Yeah, It was a summer day if I remember, and Hoseok was with me, I was driving here, with him in the car, when suddenly I saw a yellow smoke get shot up in the air. I remembered that it was meant for distress singles. Koda or Gahi shot it up because Dealo couldn't have himself. Gou had to come and get Hoseok from me before I ran into the building to get Dealo before the elevator fell." Hojun said.

I looked at Dealo, who was shaking now. It all made sense why he refused to go into elevators at all. Or stay in narrow spaces for too long. 

Hojun bent down infront of Dealo, who was crying, his head in his arms still, not daring to look up at all. He was shaking, he was hyperventilating also.

"Kid. Breath in slow and deep breaths.." Hojun said

"I-I can't. I can't do it." Dealo whimpered.

"Yes you can Kiddo, just focus on what I'm doing," Hojun said. He started breathing out deeply and slowly so that the youngest of Nineteen can copy. When he was able to breathe normally, Hojun and I helped him up. And that's when Hoseok saw how tall he was, Dealo and his brother were both 2 inches taller than Hyungwon was. They were 6 foot 2 inches.

Dealo's legs were shaky, so we had to help him up the stairs to the main floor. When we got up the stairs and from to the living room, where you can see all the rooms. Mikey was infront of the computer, along with Tae who was sitting next to him. Youngji Hyung was standing behind them. Zimo Hyung was in the kitchen, with Rebel hanging around sitting on the counter by the stove. 

And the others are all scattered around. "You're done with your workout already?" Zimo Hyung asked looking at Daeyou with a shocked look. At that mention. Everyone looked over. Dealo by now was leaning on Hojun, even if Hojun was shorter than him by 2 inches. 

"Dealo had a panic attack, The hallway is to narrow. I don't know how he usually goes through there," Hojun said.

"Daeyou Hyung, I-I usually wait until I can calm down by myself," Dealo said. He always called him Daeyou Hyung, no matter how many times Hojun had told him to call him Hojun when at home, since almost everyone calls him Hojun at home. His the only one that doesn't like using his nickname at home at the hideout. 

Hojun didn't mention anything like usually used to do. He did, however, gave Dealo a worried look, "How long does that usually take?" He asked.

"fifteen minutes," Dealo mumbled.

We all heard him, we were all pretty quiet right now. 

"So you're just sitting on the floor for fifteen minutes? And you try screaming for someone to come down and help you?" Hojun asked.

Dealo was looking down, "I don't want to be a burden..." He said. 

Hojun frowned, he may act like he is the most cold-hearted member when he takes the mantle of Daeyou. But when he isn't out on missions, Hojun is the most warmhearted and caring member. Who took the attacker/fighter position, because he is the strongest, other than Youngji Hyung and he wanted to protect everyone in his way. "Honestly Junghee." Hojun started. 

He thinks he doesn't have anything similar to any of his family. But yet he does, He and Hoseok are both the most emotional of their groups. It's just it's a little different for Hojun. Since it's not just a group, that sings and dances on stage and entertains. We are a mafia group, that works for the FBI, to catch other mafia groups. To keep this country and safer, and make sure no one gets hurt. That's our job. Hojun always acts tough-hearted, because he's known to be one of the strongest in the group. 
"We told you many times that you would never be a burden, your our maknae kid. We are supposed to take care of you." Hojun said. Every one of the group nodded, agreeing with what Hojun said. 

Time Skip: 

We waited until everyone was gathered around, even if they were hanging around above us. The Sheer size of how much there are of us. Was shocking to Jooheon, who was looking around at everyone who was in the room.

I looked at Jooheon, and softly laughed, "What?" I asked.

Everyone in the group was looking at Jooheon Because I never really laugh much. So they were looking back and forth between me and Jooheon. 

"How many are there of you guys?!" Jooheon called in shock. 

Everyone in nineteen was laughing. Even Hojun laughed a little.

 "Well, there are nineteen of us. We have one not here," I said. I didn't mention about the two that died anymore when I have already.

"Nineteen!?" Jooheon said shocked. 

This made everyone laugh harder, "Even Sehun didn't react this way when he first met all of us," Yang said, as he wiped a tear away, from laughing. 

"I'm more shocked my brother hasn't mentioned anything," I said.

"Wow. It actually took you years to bring Changkyun along here," Bjay said.

I rolled my eyes, as I softly hit Bjay's shoulder, Bjay didn't flinch, he laughed a little. Before it was quiet for a little. Minhyuk looked sort of awkward for a little. 

"Okay, since we have all the joking aside," Hojun started. 

I saw Zimo Hyung signed as if getting ready for whatever Hojun said. 

"Why are we bringing Hoseok back here, after what happened before?" Hojun asked. 

"Hojun, it's been ten years already. I'm pretty sure they forgot already." Rebel Hyung asked.

"How can we all be so sure? " Hojun asked. 

Youngji Hyung signed, "I have been having Koda and Gahi make sure it's safe over ten years, even when I wasn't around, I ordered Gou to tell them to. Trust me when I say its over." he said.

Hojun looked around at all of us, he didn't look to Monsta X already knowing their reactions. Even his own brothers.

I guess he just kind of noticed that we were stressed out about something else.

"Why did you ask Jay to bring Hoseok along with the other members of Monsta X?" Hojun asked.

I saw Hoseok's shocked and embarrassed face when everyone was looking at him. Hojun was confused, "What?" he asked.

"Gahi went missing, but before he left.." I started, I paused for a little. Hojun was looking straight at me. 
"He wrote a letter, He said the forgetfull mist works differently for everyone. It can either be temporary or permanent. Hoseok was the very first we used it on. Some have the memories locked deep in their minds and some lose it completely. Mikey wants to see if its permeate with Hoseok or not. Because.." I said.

"Because of what?" Hojun asked.

"We may have to use it again.," I said.

Hojun froze, "What?" he asked.

"Not on Hoseok. But." I mumbled. 
All of us looked down. 
"What?" Hojun asked.

"Gahi. The liquid that was put in him, we haven't figured out anything about it. Nothing at all. Its spreading everywhere in his body.. It went through his brain already.." I paused. My eyes watered, tears rolled down my cheeks. 

"Hojun. We are afraid, that he may lose all his memories. And he may not remember anything, We sent Sehun away, cause we didn't want him to hear. Mikey feels like Gahi might have used it on himself once, for erasing the two years from before." I said. Hojun's eyes widened.

"We want to see if we can try to see if Gahi could remember and maybe that can be our answer." Zimo Hyung said. 

"Whats wrong with Gahi?" Hojun asked.

It was hard to tell him, cause he was the most emotional one, he was the most warmhearted. The most selfless. Risking his life to protect us all, and the secrets, for the safety of our families and the group. 

"Hoseok is actually lucky he can't remember who we are talking about.." Dj mumbled. 

"What the hell is wrong with Gahi?!" Hojun yelled. When no one would answer him. 

Monsta X jumped, especially Hoseok. 

"He has been missing for almost 2 months now. He suddenly disappeared without telling anyone," I said. "He has gone here once, but it was right under our nose, and it was probably the other personality.." I said.

"Another personality disorder?" Hojun asked.

"yes. But it was caused by the liquid. It sometimes makes it so that the other personality can suddenly come out for no reason. And the thing that is bothering us right now is that it's spreading to his heart slowly. And we don't know what effect it would have." I said.

"Now. Hoseok actually has the most memory with Gahi. Other than you and Jay Jay. Which is pretty shocking.." Mikey added. He had his computer opened.

"Wait. So you brought Hoseok here cause?" Hojun asked. He was looking at me.

"I don't know that either.  Youngji Hyung and Zimo Hyung told me too," I said.

Mikey smiled sadly. "I feel Like Hoseok was the one that was with both personalities of Gahi more than the rest of us. He's been with the real Gahi and the other personality. We don't know how he acted at all." Mikey said.

Hojun blinked as he looked at his brother. 


Hojun/Daeyou's POV: 

   I was currently in the gym again, that's in the hideout, I had my boxing gloves on, and was hitting the punching bag we had. I was angry enough to knock down another in just a minute. Youngji Hyung knew where I was yet, he didn't tell me anything about what was going on with Gahi. I had no idea. 
"Hyung.." I heard. I looked over to see Chanhee, and behind him was Hoseok and Monsta X. Hoseok was standing far away, he gets kind of scared of me, when I'm angry. Expect for Chanhee. He was walking slowly over. 

"What is it, Caya?" I asked. 

I was putting up another punching bag.

"We are sorry we brought Hoseok here without telling you," Chanhee said. 

I rolled my eyes. I punched the punching bag again. Some members of Monsta X jumped, but Chanhee didn't. 

"Hyung," Chanhee said.

"I'm not angry about Hoseok being dragged here. Jay wouldn't have brought him along if he thought it was dangerous." I said. 

"Than.," Chanhee asked. 

"I'm angry cause no one bothered to tell me anything! Youngji Hyung, Rebel Hyung, Yang Hyung or even Gou Hyung. And they all knew where I was!" I yelled. I punched the punching bag, making it fall to the floor for the fourth time already. "I'm part of this damn group too. But no one bothered to mention that Gahi's condition was getting worse." I said frustratingly. 

"I understand your anger Hyung," Chanhee said.

"No, you don't you already knew. You all did! I didn't know a damn thing!" I yelled. 

"Yeah but I know the reason why your angry is because we have no idea what could happen to Gahi," Chanhee said. 

I signed, I didn't bother picking up the punching bags. I sat down as I took off the gloves, and then the wrap that was around my hand. 

I stood up and looked at my weapons that were on the table. I picked up one of my throw knifes and threw it at the target in front of me. 
"Hyung.." Chanhee said.

"This is not fair, Gahi's slowly dying, He is slowly losing himself,-" I said. 

I picked up another one of my throwing knives and threw it again. Before hitting the table. So many emotions were inside of me right now. And I had no idea which one I mostly felt, I could feel anger, fear, and sadness. Tears rolled down my cheeks, as my eyes watered. 

"I can't do anything right.," I mumbled. I sat down on the chair that was here. "I couldn't protect Rei Hyung and Toya, I couldn't protect My brother and I can't protect Gahi either," I said. A sob making its way out of my mouth. "I'm weak. I'm so weak." I cried. 

Chanhee wasn't saying anything. I can hear him sniffling from behind, and even the other members who I heard was slowly walking in was sniffling also. I knew it was my brother who hugged me, he was crying also. He was to warmhearted, and to emotional. And the real me wasn't any better either. 

 


A/N: Sorry if it's so short. I will try to make the next chapter longer. Anyways. Don't be afraid
to comment. And tell me what you think. See ya all later! - Nic (RemeRis96) :DD

 

 (Updated version of Jayjays)