Eight

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

EIGHT

 

 

 

Author’s POV

“I… don’t want to.” Jiyeon slowly answered as her eyes blankly fixed on the blanket that covered her legs.

“…. Is that so?” Sehun asked as he turned around, looking at Jiyeon while bitterly smiling.

“Are you crazy?” Jiyeon lifted up her head and looked right into Sehun’s eyes, “Are you  aware of what you just said? It wasn’t that easy. You have your career, no? And I have mine…” She added.

“Jiyeon-ah,” Hyojoon then interrupted, “Sehun wants to take responsibility because he is aware that it’s indeed his responsibility. The marriage shouldn’t necessary be done publicly.”

“If we were to talk about responsibility, our career, our group, our members, are also responsibilities oppa.” Jiyeon countered.

“Jiyeon, you won’t possibly want abortion, right?” Her mom asked, worried.

“Of course no. I’ll keep this baby, and I’ll talk to the president about it too. Sehun, please don’t worry too much. I know you’re a nice guy. Honestly, I was so upset once the doctor informed me about this pregnancy. However, I was seriously thankful when you asked for marriage, although suddenly. Thanks Sehun.” Jiyeon sweetly smiled.

“You’re welcome.” Sehun answered shortly.

“Okay then, I need some rest.” She declared before lying down and covered her body with blanket.

Sehun was sighing loudly while his eyes were still fixed on Jiyeon. Jiyeon’s father then helped him standing up from his kneeling stance. He looked at Jiyeon’s family with guilty eyes and apologizing smile. They all replied him with assuring smiles before they left the room. Sehun looked at the sleeping Jiyeon once again before he left the room with heavy steps. Once everyone left the room, Jiyeon opened her eyes and tears were seen flowing down.

“What should I do now?”

 

------------------------------  

 

            The next morning, Sehun went back to the dorm as he promised the members. As he entered the dorm, the members could be seen scattered around. Chanyeol and Tao were seen brushing their teeth while watching the TV. Baekhyun was wandering around carrying his clothes, and eventually bumped onto D.O who was just coming out from the kitchen still wearing apron and gloves. Suho was seen shoving Chen and Luhan to the closet, probably telling them to get dressed quickly. Once he was done with those two, he then looked around while clapping his hands, gaining attention.

“Quickly guys! We have to practice for our world tour so we don’t have so many spare time to waste over. Now where’s Xiumin, Lay, and Kai?” He asked.

“Xiumin hyung and Lay hyung are probably getting dressed.” Baekhyun lazily answered.

“Kai? Where’s Kai?” Suho anxiously asked.

“He’s still sleeping.” Chanyeol answered as if it was nothing.

“Yah!” He then received a kick from Suho, “You should have woke him up!” Suho ranted before he rushed into Kai’s room.

“That hurts…” Chanyeol pouted while rubbing the place Suho kicked. He was just about to leave to the room when he noticed Sehun was standing stiffly near the main door, “Sehun? When did you come back? You should get ready now or Suho hyung might explode again.”

Sehun replied Chanyeol with a halfhearted nod before he left into his room to get changed. Chanyeol’s eyes curiously followed Sehun as he passed by him. Sehun got awfully visible dark circles on his under-eyes, and he looked extremely frail for someone who just came back from an off-day.

 

            During their practice time, Sehun didn’t talk much. He only responded to any instructions with nods and he didn’t even respond to any unnecessary interactions such as dumb jokes from Baekhyun. During their short break, he sat alone at the corner while staring at the floor blankly. Chanyeol was side-eyeing him all the time, as he noticed something was off with Sehun since he came back this morning.

“Hey,” Chanyeol said as he approached Sehun.

Sehun lifted up his head briefly before he looked at the floor again, “Yes, hyung.”

“It’s tiring right? Having to start practicing again right after we were done with album promotion.” Chanyeol began a conversation.

“Indeed. But then, this is our responsibility right? Someone told me that our career, our group, the members, is all our responsibilities.”

“Well, that person is right then. Don’t you think so?”

“Yeah, but… when we ruined someone, it’s also our responsibility to fix it right?” Sehun looked at Chanyeol, with hopes glinting in his eyes.

“Yeah,” Chanyeol nodded without thinking, “Yah maknae, did you ruin someone?” He suspiciously asked.

“Sort of, Hahaha.” Sehun smiled merely for two seconds before it disappeared, “This is not a laughing matter actually.”

“Of course it’s not. You can fix it. You maintain your career, and at the same time try to fix whatever you ruin. You’re our capable maknae don’t you? Now stop worrying and for the time being just focus on practicing. Let’s go.”

Chanyeol stood up and reached out his hand to help Sehun standing up. Sehun accepted Chanyeol’s hand and they then went back to their positions. Once everyone was ready, the music played and the members began dancing to the song. Sehun tried to focus on the practice as Chanyeol said, and he managed to get rid of the thoughts about Jiyeon until the song finished. As they were about to switch to other song, a phone suddenly heard ringing through the room.

“Whose phone was that?” Their dance teacher asked.

Sehun instinctively ran to his bag at the corner, “It’s mine.” He told the members who were still in the formation.

“Oh Sehun, didn’t I clearly tell everyone to switch off their phones before we began practicing just now?” Leader Suho asked as he crossed his arms, angry.

“I’m sorry hyung.” He apologized, but he still answered the phone while everyone was watching, “Hello.”

“Hello, Sehun?”

“I’m sorry but I’m in the middle of pra—”

“This is Hyojoon talking.”

Sehun was flustered for a while once he heard the name, “Yes, hyung. It’s Sehun talking.”

“I’m sorry for calling you so suddenly, do you have time to talk now?”

“Hold on a second.”

Sehun looked at s with an apologetic gaze, “I’m sorry but can you guys continue without me? I’ll be back in a few minutes. This is urgent.”

“Five minutes.” The dance teacher said.

Sehun thanked the teacher before he hastily rushed outside the practice room. He headed to a quiet and hidden corridor where people rarely went. He leaned his back against the wall before he talked to Hyojoon again, “Hyung, did something come up?”

“Honestly, I don’t intend to burden you but I don’t know who should I talk to about this. But Jiyeon seems extremely depress since we took her back home this morning. She refuses to eat, and she’s been crying silently. When we tried talking to her, she didn’t even response, as if she didn’t hear us. Can you talk to her? I’ll put her on the line.”

“Is that so? Sure, I’ll talk to her.”

“Okay, thanks Sehun.”

Sehun could hear Hyojoon passing the phone. He also heard Hyojoon’s voice persuading Jiyeon to take the phone. Later, he could hear someone was slightly breathing on the line, as if she was containing herself from saying anything.

“Sunbae-nim, it’s me, Sehun.”

“What are you calling me sunbae-nim for? Aren’t we quite close already?” Jiyeon said giggling, although sadness could still be heard in her tone.

Sehun laughed briefly, “I have always respected you, that’s why. So, how are you feeling today?”

“Great! That pure feeling knowing that I’m protecting precious life in my womb right now, it’s inexplicable. This is so unexpected. But at the same time… I’m scared too, Hahaha.” She laughed, but it sounded so fake and heartbreaking in Sehun’s ears.

“Let’s meet tonight, alright? I’ll visit your home.” Sehun talked in a most caring voice ever, because he had developed the feeling of wanting to protect someone, which is Jiyeon.

“Please don’t. I’m okay right here.” Jiyeon’s voice slowly changed.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter