Twenty

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Twenty

 

 

Author’s POV

*2 months later*

            Sehun arrived at MBC’s main building that morning and he was escorted straight to the meeting room. It was his first personal official schedule after coming back from his EXO tour although he himself wasn’t sure of the reason for the meeting. He went inside meeting room and saw a few other people were already waiting. He took a seat next to BTS Jungkook and greeted him. A few minutes later, familiar producers walked in and settled in. Right when one of the PDs was about to talk, the door opened again and Jiyeon walked in while apologizing a few times. No one else was more surprised than Sehun actually was because he didn’t expect to see Jiyeon here especially after two months not seeing each other due to their commitments.

“Okay now that everyone is here, I’m going to start the meeting right away. MBC Gayo Daejun will take place this mid December so you guys here are chosen to perform on special collaboration stages. Here’s the list of the team as we had already decided. You can check your team and the theme of your performance there.”

The list was distributed to everyone there and they began looking for their names. Sehun was looking for his name in all the teams but he’s not in any of the teams. He anxiously turned to the second page and there he finally found his name, in the duet section. His eyes widened in surprise seeing his partner’s name. He lifted up his face and looked towards Jiyeon and their eyes met because Jiyeon was also looking at him at that moment. They both shyly smiled as they were caught staring at each other. Jiyeon then put a thumb up which Sehun only replied with an enthusiastic nod. While the PD began explaining further, Sehun couldn’t stop smiling because he had finally achieved one of his dreams. He wanna debut and worked himself up originally so he could stand on the same stage as Jiyeon and now he finally got the chance. His heart fluttered just by the thought of him performing together with her.

“Oh Sehun, Park Jiyeon, both of you stay here after the meeting ends because PD Lim wishes to see you guys.”

“PD Lim?” Sehun muttered.

Right after everyone left the meeting room, Jiyeon went to Sehun and sat next to him. They only smiled at each other as there was an awkward silence filling the room. Unsure of what to do, Sehun just stared at Jiyeon lovingly after not seeing her for months.

“What is this situation?” PD Lim’s voice broke the silence and also their staring competition, “Why are you guys staring at each other like that? It looks like a romantic scene in a movie.” She said while making her way towards them and took a seat next to Sehun.

“We were just… don’t know what to say.” Sehun answered and Jiyeon nodded.

“I see. Okay, so how do you feel about having to perform together for the Gayo Daejun?” The PD asked again.

“Great, and somehow unexpected. I wonder if this got something to do with you PD-nim.” Jiyeon suspiciously smiled as she asked.

“Of course! Everyone would love to see you guys reunite during the year-end ceremony. I don’t know if your agency already announce to you about this but especially when you guys are nominated in MBC Best Couple Award.”

“WHAT?! Us? Best Couple Award?” Sehun exclaimed in disbelief.

“Yes! I told you I have faith in you guys right? I hope you win.”

“Woah this is unbelievable. We even appeared on WGM not that long.” Jiyeon expressed her disbelief.

“That’s because the public love your chemistry together. And I love how you guys are together for real now.” The PD happily said.

“We are not… what are you talking about?” Sehun denied as he and Jiyeon nervously looked at each other.

“I’m not gonna be fooled. Anyways, the award ceremony is right one day before Gayo Daejun so I’ll see you then. Goodbye!”

Both Jiyeon and Sehun looked at each other as PD Lim left the room. There were only them now in the meeting room and the awkward silence filled the place again. After a few seconds, they also decided to leave the room together, “I can’t believe we’re actually nominated for Best Couple Award Hahaha.” Jiyeon broke the silence.

“Me too. We barely do anything because the time was so short. But I feel great about this. What about you?” Sehun curiously looked at Jiyeon, expectant.

“I like it. I hope we will win this award. By the way, what should we perform for our collaboration stage?”

“Troublemaker?” Sehun abruptly answered, sounding excited.

“Wow troublemaker… Let’s do that then. Let’s just go all out since they want us to do this stage.” Jiyeon agreed.

“And oh!” Sehun excitedly exclaimed, “I really want to be your partner in Never Ever. Your dance partner. What if we start off with Never Ever first?” His eyes shined as he suggested it.

Jiyeon just laughed at the excited Sehun before she finally agreed, “Let’s do that then!”

“Great! Hm, so where are you going after this?”

“I’m going out for lunch with my friend. And Sehun, let’s start the practice tomorrow. We only have two weeks until Gayo Daejun. Moreover, it’s a good opportunity for us to spend our time together after so long. What do you say?”

“I say yes. So… see you tomorrow?”

“Okay see you tomorrow.”

 

--------------------------------------

 

            The next morning, Sehun walked into the dance agency Jiyeon messaged him last night for their practice. He noticed the agency as the one they went to practice when EXO and T-ARA were supposed to have a collaboration stage but was cancelled because of the bullying scandal. He went straight to the third practice room as Jiyeon told him. Once he arrived there, through the glass door, Sehun saw Jiyeon was standing in the middle of the room stretching up alone. He only smiled, adoring the girl that he’s been looking up to since years ago. He opened the door and knocked two times, gaining Jiyeon’s attention.

“Oh! Sehun you’re finally here.” She stopped stretching up and approached Sehun.

“Sorry I overslept.” Sehun awkwardly smiled as he put his bag on the floor right next to Jiyeon’s.

“It’s okay. I haven’t been here that long anyway. Let’s stretch up first and then check up the dance. Other backup dancers will only come after lunch because they have other show to attend.” Jiyeon explained.

“Sure, let’s start.” Sehun then took off his jacket and threw it onto the floor, wearing only the comfortable sweatpants and white top for practice. As he made his way towards Jiyeon in the middle of the room, he noticed Jiyeon’s beautiful curvy body could clearly be seen as she’s wearing a pair of black leggings and grey crop top, “Damn.” He unknowingly whispered.

“What?” Jiyeon turned around and looked at Sehun as she heard he mumbled something.

Sehun urgently shook his head and quickly took his place next to Jiyeon. They began stretching up right away, together. After about ten minutes of stretching, Jiyeon headed to take her iPad and viewed the dance performance video of the song Troublemaker they’re going to cover later. They sat next to each other while leaning their back onto the wall whilst their eyes were focused on the video, observing every move.

“Whoa this is pretty intense.” Sehun let out his sheepish laugh as the performance required them to do a lot of y moves and touchings.

“You suggested this though.” Jiyeon laughed, teasing the nervous guy.

“Yeah because… because it’s pretty famous.” He made an excuse.

“Yeah sure, whatever you say. The dance move is not that hard. It’s repetitive and what really important is the chemistry, which I’m sure we won’t be having any problem with that.” Jiyeon proudly said while Sehun eagerly nodded.

“Let’s just familiarize ourselves with the dance first and then we’ll proceed with the formation.” Sehun suggested and with that they began practicing together.

Both learned the dance together and repeated it again and again to get their body used to the moves. Sometimes Sehun would teach Jiyeon the part she didn’t get, and sometimes Jiyeon would help Sehun with any move he found confusing. The practice room was filled with their voices counting the steps, and some other time they could be heard laughing together. At first, they were kind of shy and hesitate to do the y dance but after a few hours, they could finally do it comfortably. They were dancing to a move which required Sehun to put his hand on Jiyeon’s pelvis and he hesitated a lot while practicing.

“It’s okay Sehun.” Jiyeon assured as she made eye contact with Sehun through the mirror as he was standing right behind her.

“Really? It’s kind of… awkward.” He blushed and Jiyeon noticed it through the mirror so she began laughing.

“You’re so cute.” She said before she simply grabbed both Sehun’s hands and placed it on her pelvis, “Since you’re my boyfriend, of course it’s okay. Let’s start.”

Sehun was still blushing as his heart fluttered every time he checked on themselves in the mirror. The fact that he was that close with Jiyeon after a long time, and the fact that they’re working together for their collaboration stage made

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter