Five

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

FIVE

 

 

Author’s POV

            Jiyeon rushed into KBS’s building that day for Music Bank’s filming while trying to greet all of her fans by the roadside. Her fans weren’t as many as other artists, because she only saw a group of people holding her banner among other idols’ fans, however she was grateful enough to even have that small group who came to support her. She just began her solo debut and started the promotion. Jiyeon knew she had received a lot of hateful comments regarding her comeback to the industry after the scandal, but she strengthened her heart and decided to keep working on her passion not matter what came across.

As she walked along the corridor to the studio, Jiyeon politely greeted everyone she passed by. She then stopped by the information board to check the performance list. Her comeback stage was scheduled about one hour and half later. After checking her turn, she quickly checked the list further down, unknowingly looking for EXO’s turn, since she remembered Sehun’s words of wanting them to meet on music shows since they comeback at the same time.

“Found it.” She muttered while checking on the list.

They were scheduled a few performances after Jiyeon’s. She started considering on staying there until EXO perform so she could congratulate them for their comeback. But as she just about to leave to her waiting room, Jiyeon noticed familiar group name just below EXO, performing after them.

“Infinite… I wonder how Myungsoo is doing right now.” She mumbled alongside a faint smile.

“Jiyeon, it’s time to go.” Her manager finally came to get her.

“Oh, sorry oppa. Let’s go.”

 

Jiyeon was on standby behind the stage while watching the performer before her. Every time she saw artists passing by, she would awkwardly greet them, no matter if they’re seniors or juniors. She was becoming timid as time goes, for receiving massive hatreds from people around her after the scandal. She was forced to the corner, hiding herself so that she wouldn’t have to face the harsh reality. She’s coming back after gathering her courage, thinking that she could exit the darkness, but she didn’t have enough guts because she’s alone without other members near her. She could do all her best, but she couldn’t possibly regain the confidence she once owned when they were on their peak more than a year ago.

“Park Jiyeon, please do a quick mic check.” A staff appeared.

“Okay. Mic check one two, mic check. Nothing’s wrong.” She told.

“Okay. You may go up the stage now.”

Jiyeon nodded before she walked up the stage together with the backup dancers. She smiled and waved happily at the fans who were cheering for her in the studio. The fans weren’t as many as the trendy idols had, but was more than enough to cheer her up. Feeling thankful, Jiyeon promised to do her best. She took her position alongside the dancers and gave a performance full of emotion. She could hear the cheers, the screams, and the chants although they weren’t as loud as it used to be before. The cheer was louder than earlier once she finished her performance. Her eyes were getting teary, feeling touched by the support the remaining fans showed her.

“Thank you. I’m really grateful to have you guys here today. I hope you have fun. I promise to work harder after this, and next time I’ll comeback with the unnies. Thank you for staying, and thank you for waiting for more than a year.”

Jiyeon stopped talking as her eyes were getting teary, “Don’t cry! Don’t cry! Don’t cry!” The fans said in unison.

Jiyeon smiled while wiping away her tears, “I won’t disappoint you like I did before. Thank you again. I love you.”

Jiyeon bowed down a few times before she finally left the stage, still trying to wipe away the remaining tears. She quickly took off the microphone and handed it to the staff. She was just about to leave the backstage when someone suddenly came and stood on her way, blocking her from leaving. She lifted up her head to see who’s the tall person in white suit blocking her way. Her eyes met a pair of big eyes. Jiyeon smiled upon seeing Chanyeol in front of her, showing his usual bright smile.

“You put up some y performance up there, but ended up crying at the end. That was totally unprofessional.” Chanyeol commented.

“Don’t you dare talking down to your sunbae okay?” Jiyeon slightly punched Chanyeol’s chest.

“Ouch! Aren’t you afraid of my fans? Don’t you hear it, about EXO’s fans being so aggressive and all?” Chanyeol jokingly threatened her.

“If I’m attacked, you would protect me right? Since we’re friends…” Jiyeon winked.

“I thought you’re my sunbae.” He teased Jiyeon.

“I’m just joking. I’m no one. You’re a huge trend right now. How could I even call myself a sunbae when I’m a failure?”

“Idiot!” Chanyeol said while flicking Jiyeon’s forehead.

“Ouch! What was that for?” Jiyeon scowled while rubbing her forehead.

“For calling yourself a failure when you’re not. One’s would get what he or she truly deserves. Your hard work and passion doesn’t deserve this hatred. You and T-ARA will rise again, okay?”

“Thank you Chanyeol. What are you doing here alone by the way?”

“Oh. My members were fanboying over you in the waiting room while watching the performance. It was hectic and noisy so I decided to come and watch you live.”

“Then you should head back to your room now. I will come and watch your performance live too. See you later.”

Jiyeon shoved Chanyeol away, just in case he would be in trouble for leaving the waiting room to watch her performance. Before heading back to her waiting room, Jiyeon went searching for water dispenser as felt dry. Some of the juniors whom she couldn’t recognize greeted her, and she greeted back with smile. While she was drinking from the cup, someone suddenly appeared and took a paper cup.

“Your throat must be dry after performing right?” The guy spoke.

Jiyeon looked at her side to see who’s the person talking to her, “Hoya oppa?”

“Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten how I look after disappearing for a year.”

“No of course I’m not. You’re getting handsomer even.” Jiyeon sheepishly chuckled.

“Wow… I flattered. So… how are you?” Hoya asked while resting his back against the wall.

“As you can see… I’m completely fine.” Jiyeon put on her brightest smile.

“But you look thinner. I’m sorry you have to go through the hard times. We’re all cheering for you, okay?” Hoya gave an assuring smile.

“Thank you oppa. So how are the others?”

“They’re doing great. You should worry about yourself before anyone else Jiyeon. This part of you made people to easily take advantages on you.”

“I am. Myungsoo oppa is doing fine right?”

“He is. Don’t worry about him.”

“Okay then. I’ll see you later oppa. You’ll perform shortly right? I’ll be watching, so fighting!”

“You too Jiyeon, fighting!”

 

---

 

            The EXO members were warming up in the practice room after getting their makeup done. None of them were really talking and the atmosphere was quite tense. The members were informed about shocking news from their agency last night, saying that their Chinese leader, Kris, suddenly requested to withdraw and filed a lawsuit against the agency. Kris went back home a few days ago and didn’t come back. They knew this would happen, because Kris’s body was in a bad shape due to the busy schedule, and he just couldn’t carry on as they weren’t given much time to rest. They were worried of how will the fans react once they find out about his withdrawal.

“EXO, please get ready for a comeback interview.”

They nodded as the staff brought in two cameramen and the Music Bank’s MC. They quickly get into their standing position to greet the MC and also the viewers.

“Now I’m with one of the group with the most anticipated comeback, EXO!”

“We are one! Hello we are EXO!” The boys greeted in unison.

“The song is called overdose right? I’ve heard it and the song’s great! The song shot up the chart as soon as it’s released. So how’s your feeling?”

“We’re so proud and grateful that our hard work wouldn’t go waste. To the viewers, please show your support. We love you!” Suho answered.

“This month is like a comeback fiesta. Which groups or artists you’re looking forward to?”

“Oh!” Sehun suddenly raised up his arm.

“Ohhh maknae…” The hyungs teased.

“I’m looking forward to Jiyeon sunbaenim’s solo debut. The song is great and sunbae-nim is so beautiful too.” Sehun said without hesitation.

“Of course Park Jiyeon-ssi is pretty. I like the song too.” The MC agreed with Sehun.

“Sehun is a serious fan. He’s been a fan for so long already.” Baekhyun then told.

“Actually, she’s my ideal type. Sunbae-nim is jjang pretty!” Sehun showed two thumbs up.

“Wow that was an unexpected confession. Anyway, are you guys ready to rock your comeback stage, EXO?!”

“We are READY!!!”

 

Jiyeon was in Jun Hyosung’s waiting room when she saw EXO appeared on the monitor. She quickly excused herself to go watch their performance. Jiyeon rushed across the hallway and watched EXO’s live performance. She smiled as she noticed Chanyeol rapping while dancing his part. Then, her eyes caught the most outstanding member, Sehun, with an expression she had never seen before. Sehun usually acted so cheerful and was always smiling whenever she met him, but now on the stage, he looked so charismatic and actually more mature than the others although he’s the maknae.

“Whoa… They’re good.” Jiyeon mumbled.

“Hey look at that. That’s the bully idol right?” Jiyeon suddenly heard someone whispered behind her.

“I can’t believe she actually made a solo debut after the mess she caused.” Someone else said.

“Yah yah let’s go.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter