Twenty-One

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Twenty-One

 

 

Author’s POV

            The night after the award ceremony, MBC Gayo Daejun was scheduled to be held on. All the idols and celebrities participating arrived there almost five hours before the actual show for rehearsal. Jiyeon reached the set together with other T-ara members and checked their turn. Jiyeon and Sehun’s collaboration stage would take place a few performances after their group performances. They began rehearsing accordingly after everyone arrived.

“Shinee please come up the stage. Special stage, Sehun and Jiyeon on standby.” The staff announced when the T-ara members were resting at audience seats in front of the stage.

“Jiyeon you should be on standby now!” Hyomin yelled.

“Oh! I forgot!” Jiyeon urgently stood up to leave but seemed kinda lost.

“Jiyeon! Here!” Someone called. Her eyes wandered around searching for the person calling, and her eyes stopped when she caught Sehun standing on the stage, waving at her.

She then ran up to the stage where the Shinee guys were getting ready. She clumsily bowed down while running passed them, making the guys laughing at Jiyeon’s cuteness. She put on a shameless smile when she reached Sehun who was only shaking his head at Jiyeon, “I was looking for you everywhere.” He complained.

“I’m sorry I didn’t realize it’s almost our turn hehe.” She grinned.

“It’s okay. I’m kinda nervous about it now that it’s almost time to rehearse.” Sehun caressed his chest, calming down himself.

“You’ll nail it Sehun! We practiced so hard for this.” Jiyeon cheered her boyfriend up.

After a while, the Shinee members walked off the stage. Jiyeon and Sehun then walked onto the stage together and began rehearsing for their special stage. As expected, they did so well and finished rehearsing without any mistakes. Sehun then jumped off the stage before helping Jiyeon to jump too. The T-ara unnies were no longer there so the two of them just stood down the stage like two lost kids.

“I think it’s almost time for dinner,” Sehun said whilst looking at his watch, “Let’s—”

“Park Jiyeon!” Someone suddenly yelled Jiyeon’s name. Both of them automatically turned back where a group of guys were seen approaching while happily waving at them.

“Oh! It’s Infinite oppas!” Sehun noticed a bright smile appeared on Jiyeon’s face as she waved back at the guys.

“Whoa Park Jiyeon, that’s such an amazing and y stage you guys were doing just now.” The same-age friend Sungjoong the .

“You guys were watching?” Jiyeon only let out an embarrassed chuckle while Sehun awkwardly stood at the side, didn’t really know what to say to her friends.

“I’m jealous of Sehun-ssi.” Myungsoo who stood behind his friends and could hardly be seen suddenly said, making an abrupt silence surrounded them.

“Ah… I feel honored myself, to be given such opportunities.” Sehun told while sheepishly rubbing his nape.

“Myungsoo is saying nonsense. By the way Jiyeon, it’s been so long since we last spent time together. Let’s meet up when we are all free. I’ll text Hyomin.” Woohyun broke the silence.

“Sure! I’ll be waiting.” Jiyeon replied.

“It’s dinner time, Jiyeon. They provide food, but it’ll be great if you join us. What do you say?” Myungsoo asked, and there were hopes filling his eyes as he was waiting for Jiyeon’s response.

Upon hearing Myungsoo’s offer, Jiyeon instinctively looked at Sehun and their eyes met. Sehun only curled a bitter smile, did not know what to say. After a few seconds, Jiyeon finally answered Myungsoo who’s still waiting, “Sorry oppa but maybe next time. I’ll go with Sehun.”

“Sehun can come along.” Myungsoo said.

“Yeah, I don’t mind.” Sehun agreed, not wanting to drag the situation longer especially when they’re his senior.

“I would love to oppa, but I’ll have to reject your offer. We should be going now. And one more thing, I’m glad you’re fine now. So, see you later.” Jiyeon told, making even Sehun himself confused at her decision.

“Okay then. Thanks.”

With that, Jiyeon then held Sehun’s sleeve and signaled him to leave with her. He smiled at the seniors once, slightly bowed down, and finally left with Jiyeon subtly dragging him away by pulling his sleeve. The guys were just watching as the two disappeared behind the stage.

“It’s time to move on, dude.” Sungyeol pat Myungsoo’s shoulder, giving him strength as he couldn’t take his eyes off Sehun and Jiyeon.

“Yeah. I should have let go earlier.” Myungsoo weakly said and his voice could barely be heard.

“They surprisingly match well though…” Hoya voiced out.

“Yah!” He then received a smack on his head from leader Sunggyu for being blindly voicing out his opinion.

“Ouch. I’m sorry Myungsoo.” He then apologized.

“I’m fine.” Myungsoo walked away from the group and disappeared behind the stage.

 

---

 

            The loud cheering from thousands of fans could be heard echoing through the stage that night as the event began. It’s already been more than an hour and the fans were still cheering for their idols. Their chants and the music filled the place. The situation backstage was a little bit crowded as the crews and the idols rushed through the hallway. Meanwhile, Jiyeon and Sehun were standing behind the stage, standing by for their performance. Jiyeon was with the sound crew while Sehun was at the side taking a deep breath for a few times already. Jiyeon touched his arm and stared at him, smiling.

“Are you nervous?” She asked.

“So much.” Sehun nervously answered.

“We’ll do well together. Sehun Jiyeon fighting!” Jiyeon cheered for them.

“Fighting!” Sehun repeated.

“Sehun and Jiyeon, come!” The stage director called as ShiNee performance almost ended.

Both of them ran towards the director and stood there, waiting, “I can’t believe I’m finally doing it, standing on the stage with my idol.” Sehun whispered to Jiyeon as he reached out to her hand, holding it tight.

“I’m proud of you.” She whispered back and they only smiled at each other.

The light was finally off and they began running onto the stage to prepare for their first performance. They’ll perform Jiyeon’s Never Ever specifically re-arranged to duet version for this special stage. Jiyeon was leaning her back onto the rectangular wall while Sehun was waiting behind the wall. The music began and the spotlight shined towards Jiyeon as she began dancing and singing. The fans were cheering her name. After a while, Sehun finally came out from behind the wall replacing the original male dancer in that song and upon his appearance, the place was filled with screams and cheers from the fans. They were perfectly dancing and singing on the stage showing how much they practiced for it. The screams turned louder when they performed the ‘pretending to kiss’ dance move. After the song ended, the song ‘troublemaker’ followed right after. The y dance gained more cheers from the audience. Their chemistry on was exploding till the end of the stage. The place once again turned dark while the audiences were still clapping and cheering for their impactful stage.

“You did great Sehun.” Jiyeon told once they’re off the stage.

“And so are you.” Sehun replied, “This is such an unforgettable memory.” He added.

“I’m happy that we can always rewatch this anytime we want later,” Jiyeon said while she handed a small towel to Sehun for him to wipe his sweat.

“Oh! That’s right! I’ll surely download the video later, in HD!” Sehun excitedly exclaimed.

“Great idea!” And the hallway was then filled with their laughter.

 

---

 

From winning MBC Best Couple Award to a powerful and y collaboration stage, Sehun and Jiyeon are exploding with chemistry. “Too real to be only co-star.”

            We Got Married! Ex-couple, EXO’s Sehun and T-ARA’s Jiyeon who received great response for their chemistry on WGM was presented with Best Couple Award during MBC Award ceremony. They appeared together during the red carpet looking so stunning. On the next day during MBC Gayo Daejun, Sehun and Jiyeon then proved that they’re worth the award as they showcased amazing stage chemistry for their special performance on Never Ever duet version and Troublemaker. Is this the birth of a new powerful KPOP couple?

1. [+7,784, -1,636] I was there during the Gayo Daejun, and their stage honestly was embedded in my mind. They’re just so good that the performance left a very strong impression. Congratulations on winning the Best Couple Award too!

2. [+5,842, -973] Is it only me that think they’re dating for real? If not, is it wrong for me to hope for them to date in real life?

3. [+5,015, -2,738] I can’t believe this ugly bully keep trying to seduce Sehun. Poor guy.

4. [+4,884, -578] I have to admit that they look good together, but I really hope they’re not really dating. They’ll just get ridiculous hate later especially Jiyeon. Fighting to both of them.

5. [+1,572 -739] Wow look at their visual in the red carpet photo. If they’re married, their child will look good with either of their genes.

6. [+863, -452] The way Sehun was staring at Jiyeon is so heart-fluttering. There are hearts shooting out his eyes. I bet my life that he loves her!

7. [+768, -2,742] They’re made for each other. The untalented Sehun and the rude Jiyeon.

8. [+522, -649] Sehun has nothing to be proud of except that he’s part of EXO. Jiyeon deserves better.

9. [+471, -137] I don’t get why some people are so pressed about the possibility of them dating. Celebrities should be allowed to date whoever they want like we do. Let them decide whether they deserve each other or not. None of us should judge for them because we know nothing about their feelings. Smh.

10. [+199, -86] While the haters stay salty, Sehun and Jiyeon stay handsom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter