Twenty-Three

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Twenty-Three

 

Author’s POV

 

[EXCLUSIVE] The birth of a new idol couple. SM Entertainment and MBK Entertainment confirm that Sehun and Jiyeon are four months into their relationship. Beginning with close senior and junior relationship, romantic feelings developed after completing their appearance on We Got Married! Sehun reportedly bought an apartment unit in the same building as Jiyeon’s.

1. [+11,677, -6,837] A couple with a very powerful visual! No wonder their stage during the Gayo Daejun was exploding with chemistry. I hope the crazy fangirls would just shut up and be grateful to Jiyeon for saving Sehun from the false accusation. Live a happy life, both of you!

2. [+9,039, -2,274] Sehun really has a bad taste in woman. Why would he date someone with dark past like Jiyeon? Does he not care about his own image?

3. [+8,859, -1,092] Sehun can do better. He could’ve gone for a better and classy woman like an actress. Instead he’s gone for a bully like Jiyeon.

4. [+6,641, -2,178] While you guys throw s on Jiyeon for getting your oppa, Sehun is showering her with love. Judging from WGM, he obviously likes her more. I bet he’s the one approaching Jiyeon first. You guys are so pitiful.

5. [+6,010, -4,479] Honestly, they deserve each other. The untalented Sehun who has nothing but only luck out from having EXO attached to his name and the has-been idol Jiyeon who only have a dark past following her.

6. [+5,340, -1,748] You have to admit that they look good together though.

7. [+4,999, -912] What’s up with everyone? Who are you guys to judge about other people’s relationship? What really matters is that they choose to be with each other. Leave them alone.

8. [+3,872, -1,003] Bye Sehun.

9. [+2,829, -802] Daebak! I’ve been rooting for them since the day Sehun mentioned that he’s T-ara and Jiyeon’s fan.

10. [+1,837, -947] Sehun Jiyeon fighting! Please don’t pay attention to what everyone else say! Your happiness should be your priority!

 

Sehun sighed as he put his phone to the side. His heart somehow pained seeing some of the comments were basically putting down Jiyeon when he was the reason everything happened. He took a glance at Jiyeon who was sleeping soundly next to him. She looked so pure and innocent that Sehun couldn’t help but to feel guilty for causing more problems. He then moved closer to the sleeping Jiyeon and tugged her into a warm embrace.

“Just as I promised you, I will protect you from anything at all.” He whispered.

It has been three days since the day the scandal caused by Kim Luda shocked South Korea, as well as forcing Sehun and Jiyeon to go public with their relationship. Since the moment people predicted that his girlfriend was Jiyeon until now that the agencies finally confirmed their relationship, Jiyeon had been receiving vast hateful comments on her social media accounts which Sehun himself later made Jiyeon’s Instagram private. He did receiving such comments too but not as much as Jiyeon had to deal with. He even had to keep Jiyeon’s phone so she wouldn’t be distracted.

“I have to put a stop to the ridiculous hates Jiyeon is receiving right now.” Sehun told himself.

He then left the room and settled on the couch in the living room. Sehun took out his phone and opened the Instagram app. He began browsing through his photo gallery and chose a photo of him and Jiyeon which was a selfie they took during the award ceremony they attended together.

 

“If anyone should be hated for wanting to love, it should be me and not her. I wanna apologize to all my fans but she’s someone I’ve been looking up to since the day I decided to choose this idol path. I beg you guys to leave her alone. That’s my only wish right now. Thank you so much.”

 

“This would do.” Sehun mumbled. He rested his head onto the couch and shut his eyes tightly, trying to reduce the pressure he’s dealing with by calming himself down.

*Phone ringing*

As he expected, his manager called just within a few minutes after he posted on Instagram, “Hello, hyung.” He calmly answered the call.

“WHAT THE HELL YOU THINK YOU JUST DID OH SEHUN?!” The manager yelled on the line.

“Protecting someone I love, obviously.” Sehun simply answered. At the same time, Jiyeon appeared from inside the bedroom while yawning. Sehun only smiled at her as she headed towards him and sat right next to him on the couch.

“Oh Sehun, you can’t act recklessly because you’re still carrying EXO’s image with you. Your girlfriend is not the only person you have to protect. Think about your members too! I want you here in the agency right now. Where are you? I’ll pick you up.” The manager asked, somehow had calmed down.

“It’s okay. I’ll drive there.” Sehun told and just hung up the call.

“Who are you talking to?” Jiyeon asked, still sounding sleepy.

“Manager hyung. I need to visit my agency for a while. Will you be okay by yourself here?” Sehun asked back while gently caressing Jiyeon’s hair.

“Of course. I’ll go downstairs because unnies said they’re gonna visit me this evening.” Jiyeon curled an assuring smile.

“Alright then. Don’t miss me okay.”

“I’ll still miss you.”

Sehun only chuckled at Jiyeon’s answer. He stood up, gave Jiyeon a quick peck on her crown, and finally took his jacket before leaving the apartment.

 

------------------------------------

 

BAMM!!!

The office room was filled with the sound of someone hitting the table. No one was talking and only the CEO’s heavy breathing was heard. Sehun was just standing straight while his eyes were fixated on the furious boss in front of him. His manager was standing at the side with his head hung low, obviously afraid of the higher up.

“I’ve had enough, Sehun. Break up with that girl.” The CEO demanded, loud and clear.

“You know I’d choose her over my career if I have to.” Sehun boldly answered.

“Be professional Sehun. We’re talking business. And I’m your boss!” He reminded Sehun of his authority.

“I know. I did nothing wrong, so I don’t think this meeting is necessary at all.” Sehun simply said while the manager nervously nudged him.

“Nothing wrong? We spent years planning this boy group and we spent another years gaining all the popularities, bringing you guys on top. I can’t let you crumble down everything just because of your stupid love for that girl!”

“Alright then… I’m sorry. But please give me time. Let’s wait until the situation cools down a bit and people will eventually forget.” Sehun requested.

“That’s alright. But if you consistently remind people of your relationship like posting about it on your social media account, when will the situation cool down then?”

“Okay. I won’t do that anymore. This will be the last.”

“I’ll be watching. Now you’re dismissed.”

 

---

 

            Jiyeon was in her house together with Boram and Soyeon that same evening. They were watching TV together while eating chicken popcorns the unnies bought on their way just now. While Jiyeon and Boram were focusing on the TV show, Soyeon was busy scrolling down her phone instead. After a while, she seemed to discover something and quickly poked Jiyeon to tell her about it.

“They’re saying Sehun defends you on his social media. Do you know?” She asked.

The clueless Jiyeon shook her head as an answer, “Sehun got my phone unnie. Is it on his Instagram? Can I borrow your phone to check unnie?”

Soyeon nodded before handing Jiyeon the phone. She quickly searched for Sehun’s name on Instagram and checked his latest post. The three of them silently read the caption Sehun wrote. Unable to contain herself, Jiyeon turned to check the thousands of comments under the photo. Her expression darkened as she kept reading the comments. While so little of them were defending and supporting Sehun, majority of the comments were criticizing him, giving him backlashes for publicly talking about his relationship.

I regret being your fan for four years, Sehun oppa. I’m leaving the fandom now. You’re so selfish. I wonder how the members feel seeing you recklessly destroying the group now. I understand you wanting to love, but it is so unnecessary bringing it up to you fans’ faces like this. You should be ashamed. I guess you really see us fans only as your ATM. What a letdown. You completely spoiled my mood. Unfollowed. You should just leave EXO and stop bringing in the unnecessary hates to the group! I don’t know why you’re so proud of your good for nothing girlfriend. Park Jiyeon out of the sea of women… I fcking hate you.

 

“Unnie…” Jiyeon called as she handed the phone back to Soyeon, “I’m sleepy. Let’s meet again tomorrow okay?”

Boram then gently patted Jiyeon’s head, “Don’t think too much about anything okay? If you need someone to talk to, just call one of u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter