Three

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Three

 

Author’s POV

            It’s finally winter time and it had begun snowing. The day was like the coldest, but the idols were busy preparing for their year-end ceremony where they all gather and perform together. EXO, being a rookie group also participated in the ceremony but they were rather nervous to face all the sunbaes and other famous idol groups. However, they prepared their best performance for the day. They arrived at the concert site alongside other idol groups. They also humbly greeted others on their way to the waiting room. Having twelve people altogether, they were given quite a big waiting room.

“When is our turn, hyung?” D.O asked the manager.

“We’re among the earliest performance, the fourth one.” The manager answered.

“I heard they usually save the last for the best to keep the hype. When will we reach such level?” Baekhyun pouted.

“We will, someday.” Kris assured.

“The sunbaes usually performed the last, the big sunbaes I mean, such as Big Bang sunbae-nim, SNSD sunbae-nim, Beast, 2PM, T-ara, and others.” Suho explained to the group members.

“It has always been like that. But surprisingly, according to this list, T-ara is the fifth performer, right after us. The scandal got bigger and out of control that they started discriminating. It’s already almost four months since the scandal blew up.” The manager told.

“Netizens usually stopped talking about any scandals just after a few days, but it’s weird how T-ara’s scandal got bigger from time to time.” Kai analyzed.

“It’s obviously the haters. I heard they even made up fake bullying proves to disgrace the girls even more. They were dragged down by the haters and lost their popularity shortly. It’s scary. I hope they’re okay.” Chanyeol joined in.

“That’s why boys, I hope none of you will do anything stupid and get yourself involved with any big scandals. I don’t wanna manage troublemakers.” The manager warned.

“They won’t be able to do anything stupid as long as I’m here.” Kris proudly said, but later he was mocked by the other members.

“You might be the one causing it though.” Tao exclaimed.

“Enough boys. Get prepared for the rehearsal.” Suho then stopped them.

 

            They quickly headed out from their waiting room to get their song rehearsed according to their turn. Sehun came out the latest because he forgot his phone and was left behind by the other members. He rushed to the stage but then accidentally bumped into a group of guys who just came out from their waiting room without noticing Sehun was rushing along the corridor.

“I’m sorry.” Sehun quickly bowed down and apologized.

“Nah it’s okay. Sorry we came out suddenly like this. It’s our fault.” Someone patted Sehun’s back, signaling him to stop bowing.

Sehun looked at the boys in front of him and got surprised to see it’s the Infinite boys, “Annyeonghaseyo, sunbae-nim. I’m Oh Sehun from rookie group, EXO.” He automatically introduced himself.

“Yeah we know the group, and we love your songs. You’re so handsome by the way. We were like this too when we’re rookies, getting so anxious whenever we bumped into sunbaes. We’re cool! Come to our waiting room later with your friends and let’s get along well.” Hoya told while shooting an assuring smile.

“Thanks sunbae-nim. I’ve always been your fan. You dance and sing very well.” Sehun excitedly said.

“What about us then?” Dongwoo jokingly asked, making Sehun fidgeted.

“Don’t Dongwoo.” The leader knocked Dongwoo’s head, “Sehun-ssi, I thought you’re rushing somewhere. You’re running just now didn’t you?”

“Crap! I forgot the rehearsal!” Sehun exclaimed.

“Hahaha! You should leave now then. See you later.”

Sehun quickly bowed down a few more times again. He instinctively took a glance inside the waiting room behind the guys because they forgot to close the door after Sehun bumped onto them. He was surprised as he caught the sight of Jiyeon with Myungsoo in the room, talking to each other. He quickly took his eyes away before the sunbaes caught him and left the corridor right away.

“Sehun! Where were you?!” Kris scolded as Sehun reached the backstage.

“I’m sorry. I bumped into Infinite sunbae-nims and they told me to bring you guys to their waiting room later.”

“Seriously? Daebak!”

“Yes.” Sehun bitterly smiled, still couldn’t forget the image of Jiyeon together with Myungsoo just now, “I thought they said they’re just friends.” He unknowingly blurted out.

“What is it Sehun?” Luhan who noticed Sehun’s solemn face quickly approached him.

“Nothing hyung. Let’s get started.”

 

--------------------------------------

 

            The concert had officially started that evening with chilly winter wind blew across the site, as the concert was held outdoors in the middle of the city. The idols were provided with jackets, but they couldn’t possibly go up the stage not wearing their stage outfit. EXO was up on the stage performing in front of the huge crowd of people cheering and applauding for them. Some of the people even sang along to their song. Finishing their four minutes long performance, the boys left the stage after greeting and waving at the fans. As soon as they left, T-ara was seen going up the stage from the other side.

“I didn’t even sweat although I danced so hard just now. It’s seriously cold outside there.” Kai said as they reached the backstage.

“I hope the audiences are okay too.” Lay told.

“I hope so. Let’s go and get ourselves some hot packs.” Suho suggested.

“Hyung, I’m going to stay for a while. I want to watch T-ara’s performance.” Sehun told Luhan after everyone left.

“Okay. Here’s your jacket, don’t forget to wear it. Looks like someone else would be here too.” Luhan secretly pointed at Chanyeol who also didn’t leave with other members.

Sehun approached Chanyeol as Luhan left to their waiting room, “You’re watching too, hyung.”

“Yes. The girls don’t look that well.” Chanyeol answered with his eyes fixed on the girls dancing on the stage.

“Their legs must be freezing. It’s cold outside there and they’re wearing shorts. I hope they’re okay.”

Chanyeol only nodded while crossing his arms, seemingly not properly focused on Sehun’s words. Both of them silently watched the performance. They could barely hear the audiences cheering or applauding. The girls’ expressions were poignant too, must be hurt. They sang passionately and danced so hard on the stage, but they got crappy responses from the crowd who actually cheered for other groups. T-ara members bowed and left the stage right after they’re done. Chanyeol suddenly left without even informing Sehun.

“Hyung!” He called, but Chanyeol left anyway.

He looked back at the front where T-ara members were coming down to the backstage. His eyes were focused on Jiyeon only. Her nose and cheeks were red, must be from the cold outside. He could see her trembling hands as she took off the in-ear and microphone.

“Jiyeon, we’re leaving first.”

“Okay unnie. I’ll be there shortly.”

Jiyeon was left alone by the other members as the mic seemingly stuck on her stage outfit. An audio team staff was seen waiting next to her, without offering a hand to help her taking out the stuck microphone.

“Faster!” The staff yelled.

“I’m sorry. It got stuck.” Jiyeon apologized.

“Aish this can’t even take out the mic when she can easily slap someone with that hand.” The staff said again, and Jiyeon was flustered by his words.

“I’m sorry, but please mind your words.” Jiyeon replied, and she’s obviously hurting.

“I don’t care, bully.”

He harshly snatched the microphone from Jiyeon when she finally succeeded taking it off. Jiyeon was about to take her jacket on a chair near her but the staff  took it before Jiyeon could and threw it into the dustbin. She was startled, and tears started forming. Sehun could see she’s holding the tears by clenching her fists. Couldn’t bear watching anymore, Sehun rushed forward.

“You can use my jacket, sunbae.” Sehun quickly placed his jacket around Jiyeon’s petite body.

“Who are you?” Jiyeon asked while wiping her tears away.

“I’m an EXO member.” Sehun smiled.

“Ah… with Chanyeol right? I’m sorry you have to watch me like this. But trust me, I’m not a bully.” She explained while still wiping the tears that endlessly rolling down her cheeks.

“I know. I believe in you. Please don’t cry and waste your tears on stupid people like that guy. I as your number one fan will always support you. Jiyeon and T-ARA fighting!”

Jiyeon’s sense was triggered by the verse Sehun said. Lately, she felt like she’s been hearing it quite often, “You’re a fan? What’s your name by the way?” She curiously asked.

“I’m Oh Sehun. Please remember my name, sunbae-nim.”  Sehun introduced himself, and it felt like dejavu, like the first time they met.

“You are…” Jiyeon paused as she looked at Sehun long, “Nevermind,” She later added.

“Come sunbae, I’ll you to your room.” Sehun politely offered.

“You don’t have to be so nice, Sehun-ssi. You should take your jacket ba—”

“No, please. I insist.” Sehun quickly rejected.

“Since you insist… let’s go.”

They passed by the idols on standby and also other idols along the corridor. Sehun constantly greeted the seniors while Jiyeon walked with her head hung low, obviously hiding her face and avoiding any eye contact. Sehun who silently watched from behind felt really bad seeing Jiyeon’s current condition. She must have lost her confidence and self-esteem after getting treated harshly by the staff. She might even suffer from such harsh treatment before this, seeing how quiet they were after the scandal broke out. Watching Jiyeon like that made Sehun felt like hugging her and told her that many people still care. They both stopped as they reached T-ara’s waiting room.

“Here’s your jacket. Thanks for everything.” Jiyeon thanked.

“Anytime. Please keep that jacket on since it’s extremely cold, and take care.” Sehun genuinely smiled.

“I will. By the way, how’s Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter