One

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ONE

 

 

 

*June 2012*

 

Author’s POV

“Are you ready guys?”

A man asked six boys with fancy outfits in front of him. Some of them slightly nodded, while some answered with a slow voice. Some of them were fixing their mic, while some were checking their outfits just in case something gone wrong. However, the youngest out of all, was sitting all alone at the side whispering something, well basically talking to himself. His fair skin turned fairer, as if his blood was all out. The man approached him and lightly patted his back.

“Sehun, are you okay?”

“I’m just too nervous, hyung.”

“Come on. This is not your first stage. You’ve been on stages many times before. What makes you this nervous? You can do it.”

“Do you see the sunbaes performing before us? They’re fantastic. Look at these hyungs, they’re completely ready, like a professional while I’m here mumbling to myself because I’m nervous. What if I ruin everything once we’re up there?”

A tall handsome guy with brown curly hair then approached them, “You won’t ruin anything Sehun. You’ll be okay.” He assured.

“Thanks Chanyeol hyung. I hope so.”

Sehun nodded, indicating he’d be okay so that the guys would leave. Once they did, Sehun knocked his head once. He debuted two months ago in a group named EXO, and since then they had performed more than twenty times. It’s normal to get nervous before performing, but today was extremely special. After two years of training and two months of debuting, today would be the first time he’d see Jiyeon. It’s 2012 summer concert and various idols actually attended. He looked up the attendee’s list, and he saw T-ARA’s on the list. The girls will perform later while Sehun’s turn is right up next. He kept wondering if Jiyeon knew he has debuted in an SM group. He kept wondering if Jiyeon would see his performance and notice his presence on the stage. Just the thought of it made Sehun’s face blushed.

“Sehunnie, what are you doing blushing here?” Someone suddenly came to him.

“Baekhyun hyung… it’s nothing.” He replied the cute-looking guy.

“Come on. It’s our turn.” Baekhyun then dragged Sehun with him.

The summer breeze lightly blew against them as they walked up the stage. In the warm summer night, these guys were still dressed in their fancy yet stuffy stage outfits. The fans were cheering hysterically once their song began. They sang and danced brilliantly, making the crowd went even crazier. It was satisfying, although the agency told them they didn’t do well enough. After their six minutes long performance ended, they headed back to the backstage while praising each other. Sehun smiled proudly as he believed he did well just now. As they walked to their room, a waiting room near them suddenly burst opened as people were going in and out, busy. Sehun took a glance inside, and his eyes widen when they caught a person he’s been thinking of inside there. Jiyeon was standing between the people in the room while getting her make-up touched up.

“Jiyeon!” He shouted in his mind.

Although he couldn’t watch her for long as the corridor was kinda packed, Sehun noticed Jiyeon was smiling while talking to the others. She has gotten prettier than when he met her years ago. He had heard the rumors of her being so pretty in person, and that got him curious. Now that he’d seen her himself, Sehun knew what the rumors were all about. Sehun was still smiling as they reached their waiting room. The other guys threw themselves onto couch and chairs, resting, while Sehun was still in his dream world.

“Yah Oh Sehun! You’re blushing since before our performance. Are you sick or something?” The talkative Baekhyun bluntly yelled, yes that’s the way he expressed his concern, by yelling.

“B—blushing? When did I?” Sehun denied while taking his sequin jacket off.

“This kid is still in the midst of his puberty. Let him be.” Chanyeol joked.

“Yah hyung! I’ve passed that stage years ago! I’m all grown up okay.” Sehun stood for himself.

“Sorry Sehun, Chanyeol lacked knowledge. You knew that right?” Suho fired Chanyeol, pitying the maknae as the hyungs were picking up on him.

“By the way, who else saw T-ARA sunbae-nims just now?” Baekhyun pointed out.

“Me!” Kai raised his hand.

“They’re seriously pretty! Let’s watch their performance later alright?” Baekhyun suggested, eyes shining.

“Sure! Are you coming Sehun? You’re their fan too right? I saw T-ARA’s album, Funky Town, being delivered to the dorm under your name before.” Kai frankly asked, making Sehun flustered.

“You did?” Baekhyun excitedly asked.

“I’m not surprised. Lovey-dovey is a great song, and they’re amazing too. Can you lend the album to me later Sehun?” D.O requested.

“Sure hyung. I’m going with you guys, Kai, Baekhyun hyung.” Sehun agreed.

“All of us are going anyway.” Baekhyun confidently said.

“Not all. Leave me out of your tiring fanboy mission. I’m resting until it’s time for us to leave. Enjoy yourself.” Chanyeol calmly refused.

The other five boys however, excitedly left the room to secretly join the audience. Chanyeol only shook his head, unable to complain or anything because every man loves female idols. Furthermore, the of the summer concert only involved top girl groups. They just debuted and were very busy, and hardly had a chance to fangirl over anyone because of their pack schedules. No one would wanna lose this chance they had. Chanyeol originally wanted to watch too, but rather he later chose to be alone in the waiting room and used it for himself while everyone’s gone. Or he might actually have hidden reason, only he knows.

The other five boys had successfully sneaked behind the audiences to watch the performance. Sehun remained anxious, until seven gorgeous girls walked onto the stage in trendy eye-catching stage outfits. Sehun’s eyes shined upon seeing Jiyeon standing on the stage looking all beautiful and charming. Baekhyun slightly elbowed Sehun to , but he was too focused on Jiyeon to notice what Baekhyun just did. He couldn’t take his eyes off the stage at all, as if he was charmed by the shuffle dance performed by the girls. But the truth is, his eyes just stuck on Jiyeon, couldn’t contain his fanboy heart. All he had in his mind right now was just to run onto the stage and hug her. Kai next to him was somehow able to read Sehun’s expression so he quickly grabbed Sehun’s arm.

“I think it’s time for us to leave.” He told the others.

“We need to attend live radio, remember?” D.O agreed.

“B-but they are performing.” Sehun refused, still looking on the stage.

“We’ll see them some other time. Let’s go.” Kai insisted, and Sehun followed them while pouting.

“See you some other time, Jiyeon.” Sehun told himself.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

            A month had passed since they had their last performance in Seoul. Sehun and other EXO members were attending their showcase abroad to promote their debut more. They barely had time for themselves for the past month as they busy practicing and preparing for their mini tour. Sehun was completely focused on their preparation and that kept him distracted from thinking about Jiyeon. They finally got to rest after finishing their Vietnam mini showcase that evening. All of them headed to each other’s hotel room without saying anything, probably all worn out from the exhaustion.

Sehun entered his hotel room and quickly took a nice and long warm bath, recharging his energy. While relaxing his body in the bathtub, he smiled at the thought of Jiyeon. Although it has been a month since he last saw Jiyeon passionately dancing and singing on the stage, he could still clearly remember her pretty moves and endless charms. His heart started beating faster, which was normal when he’s thinking about Jiyeon. It had always been like that since the first time he met Jiyeon, and that was actually three years ago. Each moment he had with Jiyeon and each word Jiyeon said were basically engraved in his mind since then, showing how much affection he had over that one girl.

After about an hour, Sehun finally came out off the bathroom. His mind was cleared from the refreshing warm bath. He took out a simple round-neck top and shorts before putting them on. He lied down on the comfortable bed and grabbed his phone. He unlocked the phone and immediately curled a happy smile at the sight of pretty wallpaper he got. It’s a picture of Jiyeon from her latest drama, Dream High 2. Jiyeon’s character in the drama reminded him a lot of their series of meetings three years ago. She was grumpy, bright, and soft-hearted all at once.

“Park Jiyeon… when will I be able to talk to you again?”

Sehun only sighed as he mumbled to himself. He then opened a Korean media outlet to keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter