Fourteen

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fourteen

 

 

Author’s POV

            The sun was setting in no time and it’s already nightfall when they reached the campsite after obtaining camping stuffs in the River Land previously. Sehun and Jiyeon began preparing for their camp as soon as the filming started. Jiyeon was given an important task of pitching the tent by Sehun while he set up the grill for them to cook later. However, being a person who never really likes outdoor activities, Jiyeon confusedly walked around while carrying the unpacked tent. She hesitantly attempted to ask for Sehun’s help but ended up not asking because he seemed to be immersed in setting up the grill while seriously checking the manual.

 

MC1 : She didn’t know how to do it right?

 

Some of the production crews were chuckling seeing Jiyeon timidly walked back to the place where the tent should be pitched. Hearing the faint chuckles, Sehun stopped doing his work and confusedly stared at the crew, silently asking for explanation. Once he received a signal from the PD, he turned back and saw Jiyeon was sitting on the ground, crossing her arms while curiously staring at the tent bag. He silently chuckled too seeing her being all cute. He then approached Jiyeon then squatted down next to her.

“Do you need any help?” He asked and Jiyeon flinched in surprise hearing Sehun’s voice. She shyly nodded, noiselessly asking for his help. Sehun smiled and playfully messed up Jiyeon’s hair before he stood up and took the tent with him.

 

MC2 : Aww they’re so cute!

 

Jiyeon stood up as well and she settled at the side watching Sehun doing the task on her behalf. He removed the tent and pegs from the bag, pulled off the restraining band and the tent simply popped open. He effortlessly turned the tent to the right position with the door facing the grill. To finish up, Sehun pegged the tent to secure it on the ground and just like he’s done pitching up the tent.

“Wow it took you less than five minutes. Of course, my husband is always so amazing.” Jiyeon showed two thumb ups.

“Hahaha thank you.” Sehun awkwardly laughed while rubbing his nape.

 

MC1 : There he goes shy Sehun appeared again.

 

“Do you want to inflate the air mattress together?” Sehun offered.

“It’s okay. I think I can do it by myself. You can proceed with the grill.” Jiyeon assured.

Sehun then resumed his unfinished work while Jiyeon went into the tent carrying the air mattress and automatic pump followed by the cameraman. Jiyeon opened the valve cover, inserted the pump and turned it on. The mattress immediately inflated and Jiyeon seemed to be very happy about her accomplishment after failing pitching the tent. She began lying onto the mattress and rolled around happily whilst stressing how comfortable was it to the camera. While she was still busy rolling around, Sehun suddenly came to call for her.

“What are you doing?” He asked, smiling.

Jiyeon quickly stopped rolling and quickly sat straight, “I’m testing the mattress. Don’t worry, it’s good.” Jiyeon answered to cover up her embarrassment.

“Great! Let’s start cooking.”

“Okay!”

 

            While Sehun grilled meat and some vegetables, Jiyeon was at the side wrapping sweet potatoes into aluminum foil and roasted it on the grill. She also cooked Shin Ramyun for two. Once their foods were done, they sat next to each other on camping chairs facing the campfire Sehun prepared beforehand. They finished off the ramyun which they at together with the meat and other vegetables Sehun grilled just now. Jiyeon then stood up and took the roasted sweet potatoes from the griller. At the same time, Sehun disappeared into the tent. Jiyeon went back to her seat and her eyes shined as she carefully unwrapped the foil around the precious sweet potatoes.

“Mmm this looks really tasty.” Jiyeon mumbled to herself, “Oh!” She suddenly exclaimed when she felt something fell onto her shoulders really softly.

 

MC1 : Woah what a gentleman!

GUEST1 : I really need that kind of husband.

 

Jiyeon tilted up her head just to see Sehun was sweetly smiling at her while he fixed the blanket she put around Jiyeon’s body. So he actually went inside the tent to take the blanket. Jiyeon smiled back before she mouthed a thank you to Sehun. He only nodded and took his seat next to Jiyeon again. Jiyeon proceeded with her business with the sweet potatoes. She then suddenly murmured in pain when the heat from the freshly grilled potatoes stung her fingers. Surprised by her small exclaim, Sehun quickly reached out to her hand and brought it closer to his lips. He softly blew the red burnt mark on Jiyeon’s pretty fingers and he seemed to be genuinely worried about her.

“Are you okay?” He dropped a concern gaze.

“I’m okay. Thanks.” Jiyeon answered.

“You should be more careful. What if you injured those beautiful slender fingers of yours? I’ll do it.” He nagged shortly before he took the plate of sweet potatoes on Jiyeon’s lap and put it on his. Without saying anything, he took over the job from Jiyeon, just like the tent before. Jiyeon pouted as she looked at her fingers Sehun blew on just now. She then shifted her gaze towards Sehun who was completely focused on the sweet potatoes now and a smile appeared on her face as she didn’t take her eyes of him. Jiyeon suddenly moved her chair closer to Sehun’s before she put the blanket around Sehun’s shoulders too, sharing the warmth.

 

MC2 : She’s probably touched.

MC1 : Who wouldn’t? He spoiled his wife with his love.

 

“Here, eat it. But be careful. You might burn your tongue next.” Sehun said with a teasing smirk as he handed the food to Jiyeon.

“Noted, Mr. Husband.” Jiyeon replied.

“Good girl, Mrs. Wife. This is our last meal for the night.” Sehun told.

“Let’s finish this and call it a day. I can’t wait to sleep on that comfortable air mattress!” Jiyeon excitedly exclaimed.

“Sure. Sure. Everything for you.”

 

---

 

“1, 2, 3,” Jiyeon counted before she clapped the slate. Sehun and Jiyeon then headed over to thank the crews as their filming for the day finally ended.

“See you guys for the next filming.” The PD then told them.

Both Sehun and Jiyeon nodded with a smile. The crews began tidying up the campsite as they filming had ended. Jiyeon emptily watched them which Sehun happened to notice, “Are you sad because you can’t sleep on that comfortable air mattress?” He questioned.

Jiyeon turned to her left and jokingly scowled at Sehun, “What a waste. I rarely joined outdoor activities but when I did, it’s not even real.” She pouted as she turned around and walked to the car. Sehun also tagged along to keep the conversation going.

“Of course. Nothing about this is real except for…” Sehun paused there, “Are you going straight home?” He changed the subject.

Jiyeon thought of asking Sehun his unfinished sentence, but she’s too tired to do so now, “Yes. I miss my bed.”

“By the way, I hadn’t had a chance to tell you this before. I’m glad to be able to be your husband in this show too. It’s quite memorable, that we reunite like this after months, after the… divorce.” His voice lowered down as he talked.

Jiyeon didn’t know how to response to Sehun’s blunt comment. She wanted to control her expression and play along, but her face automatically tensed. She couldn’t even let out a light smile as she felt the burden within, seeing Sehun genuinely smiled as he said that. But the smile he had disappeared too as he noticed sudden tense in Jiyeon’s expression. He then awkwardly rubbed his nape while biting his lips anxiously.

“I made you feel uncomfortable right? I’m sorry.” Sehun finally spoke again.

“It’s not like that at—”

“I’m such a fool.” He cut Jiyeon’s words, “What am I doing being all excited alone? I got all greedy to the point that I actually make fool of myself in front of you. I’m sorry.” Sehun grinned, but his eyes reflected a forlorn gaze.

“I don’t know… what you’re talking about.” Jiyeon responded.

Sehun then sheepishly laughed, “Of course you don’t. Oh! I’m so sleepy. When I’m sleepy, I make no sense. I tend to babble uselessly. Forget whatever I said just now. They were all nonsense. I’m going now. My manager is waiting.” With that, Sehun turned around and walked away without looking back.

Jiyeon’s eyes followed him until he finally disappeared inside the black van. Once the van left, Jiyeon sighed heavily, “What did he do so wrong to deserve this? He’s nothing but a sweet guy. The only thing he did wrong was meeting me six years ago.”

 

--------------------------

 

            Jiyeon was woken up by the massive headache poking inside her head. Her sight turned blurry as she made his way to the kitchen. She quickly searched through the drawers and took out a bottle of pills. She forced herself to swallow two of the yellow pills at once before she drank a whole glass of water in one shot. She then her head with both of her hands, hoping that the pain will go away after taking those painkillers. She had always tried her best to avoid taking too much painkillers but the pain was too unbearable that she just had to. Jiyeon checked the clock on the wall and she sighed upon seeing the time.

“It’s 4.00 a.m. I need to go back to sleep now.” She mumbled before carefully made her way back to the bedroom.

Jiyeon threw her body onto the bed and forced herself back to sleep, but ten minutes had passed and she was still wide awake. She changed her position, left and right, and she shut her eyes tight but she just couldn’t fall asleep. Jiyeon then took her phone and browsed through the net, looking for something to read. She read them all, but she’s still wasn’t sleepy. She checked all of the social media accounts, but there was nothing to see since it’s still very early in the morning. She then checked her Instagram account but her friends rarely posted photos too, probably busy with works. She then opened the section where the photos she was tagged in were at. Funny how the gallery was filled with fanmade photos of her and Myungsoo, and also some other male idols. There were also screencaps photos of her and Sehun during their WGM episodes.

"My fans would have gone crazy if they knew that Myungsoo oppa and I were really together back then."

 

 

“Jiyeon, wake up please. Mom cooked breakfast for us.” Hyojoon came into her room that morning to wake her up.

“What time is it oppa?” Jiyeon sleepily asked.

“Nine. We’ll be waiting. Quickly wash your face.” Hyojoon told before he left the room.

Jiyeon woke up and lazily rubbed her eyes. She wanted to sleep longer but her mom wouldn’t like the idea of her skipping breakfast especially when she cooked for them before going to work. Jiyeon forced her legs to stand up and head to the bathroom to wash her face and brush her teeth. After wiping up her face with small towel, she checked her phone just in case there’s anything important. She went to the kitchen and ate her breakfast together with her family. Once they finished their breakfast, Jiyeon sent her parents off to work before she walked back into her room. She was just about to lie back onto the bed when someone FaceTime her. She knitted her eyebrows upon seeing Chanyeol’s name on the screen. She accepted the video call and Chanyeol appeared on the screen with a very bright grin on his face.

“Yah Park Jiyeon, what are you doing?” He asked as soon as Jiyeon answered.

“I’m just done with breakfast. What do you want?” Jiyeon showed a disinterested expression.

“I just feel like disturbing you. Nothing much. Don’t you have any schedule today?”

“Nope. What about you? Where are you going?” Jiyeon asked as she noticed Chanyeol was in the car with some of his other members were seen in the background, sleeping in the car.

“We’re on our way to a filming. As you can see, they were all sleeping. Your husband too.” He said as he showed the sleeping Sehun on the screen, “But Jiyeon, didn’t you sleep last night? Or did you wake up too early?” Chanyeol’s questioned.

“Why did you ask?” She asked him back.

“The dark circles are especially visible today. Maybe because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter