Twelve - We Got Married!

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

TWELVE – We Got Married!

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

            I looked outside through the glass wall, where cars were seen passing by the road although it’s almost ten at night. Across the road, I saw a few pairs of couples were walking hand in hand while enjoying the cherry blossom. It was very pretty at night, as the light from street lamps compliments the pretty pink petals. It must feel nice walking under the cherry blossom with your loved ones right? I could only dream of doing so. It’s already in the middle of spring, and Jiyeon had left to China for four months already. During this period, I hadn’t heard from her even once. I wondered how she was doing, whether she takes care of herself well, and whether she was getting prettier. I thought about asking Chanyeol hyung, just in case Jiyeon contacted him, but my pride wouldn’t let me.

“Yah, Sehun, what are you thinking about? Eat your pasta now while it’s still warm.”

My brother’s voice brought me back to reality. I only nodded once before I started eating. Hyung asked to meet up since we hadn’t had a night outing together like this lately as we’re both busy with our works. It felt like a healing time though, taking a break from never-ending practice even for a few hours. And of course, western food never disappoints.

“You’re thinking of Jiyeon, right?” Hyung asked as he grinned naughtily at me.

“Yah!” I gestured him to lower down his voice, “Be careful.” I hissed.

“Okay I’m sorry. Why did you even bother divorcing her if you’re going to be like this?” He asked again.

“You know that the wedding wasn’t even real in the first place right? The baby was gone so the marriage wasn’t necessary anymore, that’s why.” I explained half-whispering.

“You love her for real though.” Hyung added.

“But she doesn’t. Can we stop talking about this?”

“Alright let’s just finish our food quickly and then I’ll drop you at your dorm.”

We finished our foods in less than ten minutes and while hyung went to settle the payment, I went out of the restaurant first. I leaned by back against the wall while playing with my phone. Sometimes, I would take a glance at the place right next to the restaurant, a club. No wonder I kept hearing club music while eating. The people were going in and out of the club with the girls wearing tightly exposing dress. I was about to changed my focus to my phone back when I noticed someone familiar coming out from the club with his arm snaking around a girl’s waist and his face was so close with the girl’s.

“Let’s go Sehun.” Hyung finally came out.

“Wait for me in the car. I saw something interesting.” I told him.

I noticed hyung slightly nodded before he left to the car. I slowly made my way to the guy that I saw just now. He was too busy snuggling his face onto the girl’s face to notice I was standing by them, “Annyeonghaseyo, CEO Kim.” I greeted and slightly bowed down, gaining his attention. I saw his pupils were shaking nervously as he saw me, “Oh I’m sorry. I thought you’re with your wife.” I apologized once the girl lifted up her face.

CEO Kim gestured the girl to wait before he dragged me away from her, “What are you doing here?” He nervously asked me.

“I was eating out with my brother.” I said pointing the western restaurant.

“Ah, okay. About this… can you help me this once? This will be our little secret okay?” He desperately demanded.

“Who is she? Are you… cheating on your wife—”

CEO Kim urgently covered my mouth with his palm to stop me from saying more, “Just tell me what you want. I’ll do everything and all you need to do is pretending like tonight never happen.”

Interesting. I thought. “I’ll think about it and I’ll tell you tomorrow. I can’t think of anything right now.”

“Okay. Make sure you think of something by tomorrow. I’ll call you back tomorrow. Have a good rest.”

The CEO friendlily patted by back before he sent me off with an awkward smile. I had never seen him like this. At the agency, he was always with his smugly smirk and he acted really arrogantly. People usually avoided bumping onto him somewhere in the agency, that’s how unlikable he was to the artists. He must really be cheating on his wife, that’s why he acted so nicely. But that’s good, I’ll think of something fun to request from him tomorrow. For now, I’ll just enjoy the ride back home with hyung.

 

---

 

            I walked into the dorm and Xiumin and D.O were seen playing games together in the living room. Chanyeol and Suho were in the kitchen cooking ramyun, while Baekhyun was sitting at the dining table probably waiting for them. Chen passed by carrying a whole load of dirty clothes to the laundry room. The others must be in their room. I thought of asking any of  them what to request, but never mind. I went to my room, threw my body onto the bed, and took out my phone. I randomly searched for Jiyeon’s name as I was thinking about her, just in case I’d find something about her. It’s indeed my lucky day when an article related to Jiyeon popped up. It must be a latest one.

“What the hell is going on?!” I automatically jumped off the bed after reading the title. I impatiently read the whole article as if my life depended on it, “Oh damn.”

 

T-ARA Jiyeon in consideration as a new cast of We Got Married following Hong Jonghyun and Yura couple withdrawal.

            The production crew of virtual marriage show, We Got Married, revealed the possible new cast would be T-ARA Jiyeon. Jiyeon’s side revealed that the offer is still in consideration but she will most likely receive the offer and the filming will begin as soon as she comes back from China after ending their promotion there. The male cast to be Jiyeon’s partner, however, is yet to be decided. There are lines of candidates but the staffs will decide on it in two days and the first filming will begin by next week.

 

This can’t be happening! This means… some other weird guy will be Jiyeon’s virtual husband? But I was her husband. Yes sure we had already divorced but I was still her husband once and I couldn’t even act as he husband properly now she would act as someone else’s wife…? Oh! But the male cast wasn’t decided yet. I think I know what to request from CEO Kim tomorrow!

 

Author’s POV

            Sehun was with Kai, Baekhyun, Seulgi, and Wendy in one of the studio in their agency, taking a break after they finished their schedule for the day. While they were gossiping and talking about useless thing, one of the EXO’s managers appeared with apprehensive expression. The five people were watching him weirdly as he seemed to be taking a deep breath a few times after he finally talked.

“Oh Sehun, I don’t know what kind of trouble you cause this time, but CEO Kim wishes to see you in his room, like right now.” The manager informed.

Kai, Baekhyun, Seulgi, and Wendy gasped in shock upon hearing the news. They gave Sehun concerning gazes while he just calmly smiled at them. As if he’d been waiting for the news, Sehun stood up rather confidently before checking himself in the glass door. The manager urgently dragged Sehun with him like he would die if they delayed it for even a mere second. Once they arrived in front of the CEO’s room, the manager stood facing Sehun while making an apologetic face.

“What’s with you hyung?” Sehun confusedly asked.

“Going in there is like walking into tiger’s cave. Whatever’s gonna happen, make sure you be strong okay.” The manager counseled.

“Stop acting ridiculous hyung,” Sehun chortled, “I’m going now. See you later.”

With that, Sehun walked into the room all smiley. It was his first time being in the CEO’s room, and it was really spacious and contemporarily designed. He saw the CEO standing near his table with a bitter smile on his face. Sehun politely bowed down before he approached the table. CEO Kim took his seat while gesturing Sehun to sit in front of him. They’re both now seated, ready to negotiate. Sehun’s eyes caught the picture frame on the table which was a picture of the CEO with a woman and a little girl in the middle.

“Is that… your wife and daughter?” Sehun asked and the CEO nodded at his question, “They’re both pretty. You’re so lucky.”

“Are you being sarcastic now?” CEO Kim glared at him.

Sehun’s expression darkened, frightened by the dark vibe he radiated, “No, I’m just being honest. I’m sorry.”

“Tell me your wish. If it’s beyond my ability, you’ll have to think of something else.” The CEO went straight to the point.

“I’m sure you can grant this wish of mine. Did you hear about the new We Got Married casting? Can you pull a string and make me a virtual husband? I really wanted to be in that show, seriously.” Sehun voiced out his request.

“We Got Married?! Your fans will go crazy! And how can I pull a string if they had already decided on who’s going to be husband?” The CEO questioned.

“They still haven’t decided though. Therefore let’s not waste more time. This is very easy compared to what you expected right?” Sehun convinced.

“Wait. I’ll call a friend of mine in MBC and I’ll notify you about it later. You may leave now.”

Sehun excitedly stood up and he began bowing down at the CEO, “Thank you so much CEO Kim!”

 

            The next day when Sehun came to practice in the agency with other members, they bumped into a group of five handsome guys which turned out to be their senior, Shinee. They friendlily greeted each other and asked each other about their progress. Suddenly, Taemin approached Sehun and gave him a naughty smile. Sehun replied the smile with a thinking face, silently asking for an explanation from Taemin.

“Yah Oh Sehun, we heard you’re going to be in We Got Married. Congratulations.” Taemin finally said.

Sehun who didn’t hear anything from CEO Kim about the request yet started screaming excitedly in his mind upon hearing that, “Ah… really? I have no idea.” He smiled sheepishly.

“Really maknae?! You’re going to appeared in We Got Married, as a panel or… of course as a panel. You can’t be the new virtual husband right? Especially since we’re in the middle of ‘call me baby’ promotion.” Kai questioned.

“Why can’t I be the virtual husband?” Sehun gave Kai a sulky gaze.

“Because the wife… the wife…” Kai stuttered, couldn’t finish his words.

“Because the wife is Park Jiyeon!” Minho shouted out of nowhere.

“WHAT?!” Sehun’s hyungs exclaimed in unison, “Our sister-in-law would be Jiyeon? Daebak!” Chen added.

“Seriously? I guess you really are lucky.” Chanyeol told.

“I heard you’re T-ARA’s fan, Sehun-ah. You must be happy right? You’re such a successful fan now. Do you need our help with the preparation for first meeting? Our Taemin has experience on this you know.” Key offered which Sehun eagerly nodded, agreed.

“Great! Let’s do this!” Minho shouted again.

 

---------------------------------

           

            It hadn’t been long since Jiyeon landed on her home country after four months being abroad.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter