Eleven

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

ELEVEN

 

 

 

Sehun’s POV

            I was forced awake by coldness that kept poking my skin. I tried opening my eyes although they felt so heavy. As I rubbed my eyes to keep them awake, I could feel wetness on my palms. Wait, did I cry in my sleep? Damn, what’s happening to me? It was just Luhan hyung. He was nothing special. He was just the member I was most comfortable with, the one always spending his time hearing what I have to say, the one that always encouraged me to be strong whenever I was having a hard time. Oh… He’s not just anyone. He’s my best friend. Why would he do this without telling me? He would have known I wouldn’t be able to accept this sudden news without any notice. He should’ve known…

I took a deep breath before I got my back off the sofa and slightly looked around. I was still in my apartment. Jiyeon felt asleep on the couch and I carried her to her room. I must be falling asleep unknowingly after that. I hope she’s sleeping just fine. I kinda felt sorry that she had to see me in this state. I stood up and carefully made my way to the room where Jiyeon was. After painstakingly pushed the door open, I took a peek inside the room where she was seen sleeping tightly. I switched on the table lamp before switching off the light. I made my way to the bed and I laid my body right next to Jiyeon, facing her. I stared at her face long. Although the room was dim, she was still strikingly pretty. I still could see her beauty.

I laid my fingers on her face as I removed the strands of hair that would probably make her felt uncomfortable, “How I wish you’re really mine…” I muttered.

I fixed my eyes on Jiyeon’s sleeping face, admiring every part of her face. You’re such a perfect human being, Jiyeon. Out of the blue, my mind began replaying Chanyeol hyung’s voice. He said you still like him, and that he could ask you out anytime. Somehow I couldn’t help but to feel dejected about it because I knew Chanyeol was your first love. How I wish I met you first before Chanyeol did so I’d probably be your first love too, so I wouldn’t have to feel insecure about your relationship with him. Now when I think about it, I didn’t think I will stand a chance against Chanyeol. He’s handsome, funny, and caring. I believe you’d be happy with him while with me…

“I’m sorry Jiyeon. I didn’t just almost ruin your career. I had probably almost ruined your happiness too. Even tonight, you have to watch me being all depress when you should be resting since your promotion hasn’t ended yet. I’m seriously sorry.”

 

 

Author’s POV

*Marimba ringtone ringing*

Jiyeon grunted before she slipped her hand under the pillow to look for the phone that was ringing. Once she found the phone, with eyes still closed, she slide the screen without looking to answer the call.

“Yah where are you?! You have schedule in one hour so wherever you are you better get ready now. I’ll pick you up.” The person on the line urgently said as soon as Jiyeon answered the call.

“What do you mean oppa…?” Jiyeon asked back with her husky and sleepy voice, “I don’t have any morning schedule today. I’m going back to sleep. Goodbye.” Jiyeon said before she ended the call.

However, within a few seconds the phone rang again. Jiyeon annoyingly grunted but she answered the call anyway, “Sehun where the hell are you?!” The caller asked in a furious and urgent tone.

“This is not Sehun. This is Jiyeon. You are Sehun.” She sleepily told the caller.

“… Ji what?” The caller confusedly asked. A short chaos occurred on the other line before someone else took the phone, “Who is this?”

“Who else? I’m Jiyeon. I don’t have morning schedule today oppa. Stop bothering me I’m going back to sleep.” Jiyeon furiously ended the call again before she slipped the phone under the pillow again. As she tried to get back to sleep, Jiyeon felt an awkward weight on her stomach. She put away the blanket to check on her stomach as she forced open her eyes. However her sleepiness disappeared within a second to see someone’s arm encircled around her stomach. She tilted her head to the side just to see Sehun’s sleeping face. She silently gasped, surprised.

“Yah Oh Sehun!” She called, anxious. Jiyeon got her back off the bed and urgently kicked the blanket away from their bodies, “Why are you here?”

“Stay still.” Sehun mumbled before he pulled Jiyeon back onto the bed and hugged her tight, “It’s cold…” He mumbled again.

“Sehun come back to your sense!” Jiyeon threw away Sehun’s arms and slightly pushed him away from her.

With that, Sehun finally fully awoke. His eyes were wide opened, surprised, “I’m sorry! I unknowingly fell asleep here it was never my intention to take advantage I was just—” Sehun desperately tried to explain himself before Jiyeon stopped him.

“It’s okay Sehun, so please calm down. I was just shocked.” Jiyeon told.

“I’m seriously sorry.” Sehun apologized again, feeling guilty.

Jiyeon shortly chuckled at Sehun being panic, “Okay I forgive you. Ahh why does manager oppa kept calling me I told him already I don’t have schedule in the morning today.” Jiyeon complained when the phone rang again. She took the phone underneath the pillow to answer the call.

“That’s mine.” Sehun said as he pointed at the phone Jiyeon was holding, “That’s my phone.”

Jiyeon stared at Sehun confusedly before she looked at the phone she’s holding. She gasped seeing the phone she’s holding. It’s the same phone as hers, but the phone case was different. The ringtone too was the same as hers. She looked at the phone screen to see the caller’s name. Chanyeol hyung, she read. When the realization hit her, Jiyeon threw the phone on Sehun’s lap, “Sorry! I thought it’s mine.”

“It’s okay. I need to answer this call first.” Sehun said before he jumped off the bed and left the room.

Once Sehun left, Jiyeon knocked her head once. However, she let out a long gasp once another realization hit her, “Just now… the call I answered was… for Sehun?! Haaaaa what the hell I just did?! I said my name just now right? I’m dead I’m so freaking dead!!!”

Once she’s finished shouting, Jiyeon jumped of the bed and immediately ran towards the door. She exited the room and almost crashed onto Sehun that was actually heading into the room, almost as urgently as Jiyeon herself, “Jiyeon I have to leave now. I have a schedule to attend in less than one hour from now.” Sehun explained himself, ready to leave.

“Sehun wait I have something to tell you. Just now—”

“Let’s talk about it later.” Sehun cut her off, “I really have to go now. See you later.”

“But…” Sehun gave her an apologetic gaze alongside a faint smile before he finally left the apartment, “I accidentally answered calls from your phone just now…” Jiyeon finished her sentence anyway. Pouting, Jiyeon headed back into the room and threw herself onto the bed.

 

---

 

            Once he arrived at the basement parking lot, he noticed a black van was waiting. He headed towards the van running and he knocked the window as soon as he reached there. He then opened the door revealing a few of s were in there doing their own stuff. They all watched him as he jumped into the van with an apologetic gaze. He saw the stern gaze the manager gave him as he shook his head in disbelief while the members welcomed him.

“Thank God I managed to track your iPhone, maknae. If not, you’ll be in a great trouble.” Leader Suho spoke first.

“Sehun-ah,” His manager called, “I know you’re still depressed about Luhan, but you can’t ruin your career just because of that.”

“I know, hyung. I won’t do anything to ruin my career.” Sehun replied.

“Eyy, like we don’t know. Do you know how surprised I was when a girl answered your call? I thought manager hyung made it up, but it’s indeed a girl when I tried calling you. How dare you have fun by yourself?!” Baekhyun cutely complained at Sehun next to him.

“Huh? I don’t get it…” Sehun looked at them with a confuse face.

“We called you this morning. A girl answered, probably she didn’t realize it was your phone and her voice was sleepy too. She said her name too, but it was unclear. You slept with a girl right?” Chanyeol at the back then spoke.

Sehun nervously l looked at his hyungs, recalling incidence where Jiyeon took out his phone from below her pillow. Manager’s voice then brought him back to reality, “Is she a celebrity too? She said she didn’t have any morning schedule for today.”

“No she’s not! She’s not a celebrity.” Sehun desperately denied.

“If this happen one more time, I’ll let the higher ups know about this.” The manager said.

“I’m sorry hyung. It won’t happen again.”

 

            The EXO members were in the changing room in a studio to shoot their CF. The stylists were busy fixing their hair and makeup. Once they were called to begin filming, they all swarmed outside the changing room. However, on his way out, someone grabbed Sehun’s arm and stopped him from leaving. He turned to look at the person who turned out to be Chanyeol. Chanyeol let go of Sehun’s arm before he went to the door to close it. Sehun was staring straight into Chanyeol’s eyes, as if he knew what’s about to happen.

“It was Jiyeon, right? The girl who answered the call this morning.” Chanyeol began.

“I don’t feel the need of answering that question, and I never intend to anyway.” Sehun said.

“If you’re going to do this, do it right. Do you know how risky is the path you’re taking right now? Jiyeon said her name when Baekhyun called. If her voice wasn’t unclear, and if I didn’t happen to catch up real fast and take the phone from Baekhyun, you’ll be exposed already by now.” Chanyeol said.

“I don’t know what you’re saying, hyung.” Sehun denied.

“You don’t have to play dumb with me Sehun. I know taking responsibility is the right thing to do, but now that the baby is gone, you should be doing what’s right. Divorce her. Let her back to the safe path. You almost ruined her once, so don’t do it again. If you’re waiting for her to love you back, you can stop now because she won’t ever love you back. Keep the unrequited love to yourself and focus on your career for now.”

“Why are you doing this to me hyung? Why didn’t you accept her love back then but now that you know I like her, you kept bugging me about it? Why didn’t you just accept her love back then so I can just move on before I even fall for her deeper? Why do you have to torture my feeling?!” Sehun gritted his teeth as he stared at Chanyeol with fiery gaze.

“Don’t be a loser Sehun! Let her go.” Chanyeol demanded.

Sehun advanced and grabbed Chanyeol’s collar “Even if I will be badly hurt because of it?”

“Yes. Just let her go even if you will shed blood tears.” Chanyeol answered him.

Sehun let go of Chanyeol’s collar while slightly shoving his off. He then left the room followed by a loud door slamming sound. Chanyeol sighed loudly before he fixed his shirt and left the room too.

 

-----------------------------

 

            It was two in the morning when Jiyeon drove her car somewhere after her manager dropped her home as their schedule was concluded for the day. She thought of going to sleep as soon as she’s home but she received a text message asking her to come near the Han River. Yes it was late, but it had always been like that. Meeting someone during the late hour was what the celebrity had always done to avoid being seen or caught, but they still have to be careful anyway. Jiyeon parked her car right next to a white local car, the only car there, knowing who was in the car. She messaged someone and right a minute after that, someone opened the door to the passenger seat and sit there right next to Jiyeon.

“What’s that?” Jiyeon asked as the guy handed her a box.

“I bought spicy fried chicken on my way here just now. It’s for you.” He answered.

“I don’t know if I can eat this. I should be on my diet since I still have two weeks promotion left.” Jiyeon wondered.

“Just eat it. Just do a short exercise tomorrow morning to burn the calories.” The guy told.

“Easier said than done.” Jiyeon stuck out her tongue at him but she ate the chicken anyway.

“I told Sehun to divorce you.” He suddenly informed.

Jiyeon stopped eating as she heard that, “When?” She then asked in monotone.

“This morning.” Chanyeol answered shortly.

“How?” Jiyeon asked again, as shortly as Chanyeol did.

Chanyeol then began telling Jiyeon everything in detailed, not missing the slightest point. Once he finished his story, he then noticed Jiyeon’s gloomy face, “Have you heard from him today?”

“No. But Chanyeol, don’t you think you’re being a bit harsh on him. He’s your friend. He might get discouraged especially now he’s in a sensitive mode due to Luhan’s withdrawal. He must be hurt from your words. He had already asked me about the divorce before, but I told him to wait because I’m quite busy now.” Jiyeon voiced out her thoughts.

“You’re being so nice. Did you fall for him already? You guys even slept together last night right?” Chanyeol asked.

“It was unintentional. I still think your words are too harsh. We should be taking this slowly.”

“You’re not supposed to take this slowly Jiyeon! Sehun is blinded by his love towards yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter