Two

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Two

 

Author’s POV

            The seven EXO boys who were assigned for collaboration stage with T-ARA jumped off the van that was parked in front of a building, which was the agency to Choiri Dance Crew, the dance team that will choreograph their stage. All of them entered the straight to a big practice room, where a group of girls were sitting on the floor, probably gossiping. The boys quickly greeted as they noticed the girls were T-ARA members. The girls also stood up to greet them back. Sehun’s eyes quickly scanned through the group, looking for Jiyeon, but she wasn’t there. He sighed, showing an obvious disappointment.

“Good afternoon, sunbae-nims.” All of them greeted and bowed in unison.

“Yah Sehun,” Luhan secretly elbowed him, “Don’t be too obvious. They’re our senior.”

“But Jiyeon is not here.” Sehun pouted, half-whispering.

“Are we going to start right away? Have you guys had your lunch?” Sehun and Luhan stopped talking once Eunjung suddenly stood up, asking them.

“We only have kimbap in the car on our way before. It’s up to you sunbae-nim.” Suho politely answered.

“Let’s not be awkward to each other okay. By the way, I’m a fan. Love your song!” Soyeon suddenly fangirled.

“Unnie, save the fangirling mood for later. I’m hungry.” Hyomin pouted.

“Sorry. Do you mind if we have our lunch first before starting? We haven’t had our lunch yet.” Soyeon explained.

“Of course we don’t mind.” Suho smiled.

“You guys can order too. Eunjung will treat us today, since she’s an actress and made more money than all of us.” The talkative Hyomin chuckled.

“Can we?” Baekhyun’s face lightened up, excited.

“Sure. But don’t order something expensive. Let’s call the restaurant then.”

“By the way, can you guys introduce yourself? No offence but we’re still unfamiliar with all of you.” Boram then suggested which was supported by the others.

 

            On the other hand, Chanyeol secretly sneaked out from the practice room while his group members were busy greeting the senior idols just now. As soon as he noticed Jiyeon wasn’t there, he decided to not waste his time doing the greetings and all. He wandered around the unfamiliar place, along the small corridor. It was smaller and simpler than their agency, which was compatible enough for dance crew agency. The practice room was bigger though. He stopped by a glass cabinet where plaques and trophies were displayed, some awards the dance crew had won. Out of the blue, he could feel a fast wind passed behind him. With a very fast reflex, Chanyeol turned around and grabbed the hoodie of the person who just ran passed him, holding the person from moving on.

“Who the hell wears jacket on a hot day like this? Are you insane?”

“Let me go.” A girl retorted in a weird voice tone, hiding her face from Chanyeol’s sight.

“You don’t need to change your voice tone or anything, Park Jiyeon.” Chanyeol chuckled as he released the hood.

The girl he caught then finally turned around, watching him with fiery eyes, “So you knew.”

“Who do you think you’re fooling? I will never fall for such trick.” Chanyeol smugly smirked.

“Screw off, Park Chanyeol. I know it was a nightmare once I heard we’re doing collaboration with rookies called EXO. I knew it would be your group, the one with weird alien concept or something like that.” Jiyeon dissed while taking off the jacket she’s wearing to hide herself from getting recognized by Chanyeol, which was a failure.

“It’s superpower concept okay.” Chanyeol crossed his arms, annoyed.

“Who cares? So what power do you have? The power of releasing extremely stinky gas that can cure a blockhead like you?” Jiyeon counter-attacked and crossed her arms too, didn’t wanna lose to Chanyeol.

“You haven’t changed at all, Park Jiyeon.”

“You too Park Chanyeol.”

“……………….”

“……………….”

“Do you miss me?”

“Do you?”

“Hell yes.”

“Hell no.”

“Yah Park Jiyeon!”

“Yah Park Chanyeol!”

Both of them stayed silent after their yelling battle. Their eyes were locked to each other, furious. The atmosphere around them was so tense as both looked like they’d eat each other if possible. After about a minute holding themselves from saying anything, Jiyeon finally smiled widely, and same goes to Chanyeol. Jiyeon flew into Chanyeol’s arms as he spread it, calling for a friendly warm hug after the tense moment.

“That was so refreshing!” Jiyeon exclaimed as they broke the hug.

“The hug you mean?” Chanyeol naughtily wriggled his brows.

“In your dream. The yelling battle I mean.” Jiyeon stuck out her tongue.

“Whatever. Now tell me, what’s with the scandal you’ve gotten yourself into. Of course it’s just rumor and you guys are just close friends as they media reported. You should be careful next time.” Chanyeol started blabbering.

“Shut up.” Jiyeon muttered before heading away.

Chanyeol tailed closely behind, “Don’t tell me you’re actually dating that infinite guy, Jiyeon.”

“None of your business.” Jiyeon half-heartedly answered.

“Oh no, you really are.” Chanyeol sighed, disappointed.

“Stop saying anything. I’m getting really pissed off right now.” Jiyeon shot a death glare, which made Chanyeol stopped talking immediately.

He only responded by showing a gesture of zipping his mouth. They later headed into the practice room together. Their entrance grabbed everyone’s attention, as both entered together, comfortably standing next to each other, hardly looked like strangers. Jiyeon cleared before she casually approached other T-ARA members while Chanyeol to s.

“Please take care of me, T-ARA sunbae-nim.” Chanyeol greeted the girls.

The EXO members then quickly stood up to greet Jiyeon. “Hello, Jiyeon sunbae-nim.”

“Hi boys.” Jiyeon replied with an awkward smile.

“Please excuse her guys. She’s really bad with boys, although she sometimes acted like one.” Soyeon pointed, making Jiyeon slightly blushed.

“Not even surprised.” Chanyeol instinctively said, causing him to receive a death glare from leader Suho, “Sorry,” He then mouthed.

“Oh! Now I remember! Jiyeon mentioned to me before that she has a friend just debuted in a boy group called EXO. Chanyeol-ssi, you must be the one right?” Hyomin suddenly blurted out as it popped in her mind.

“You guys are friends? Seriously?” Kai asked in disbelief.

“We were in the same modeling contest a few years ago. We’ve been friends since then.” Chanyeol explained while Jiyeon stayed silent.

“You didn’t even tell me!” Baekhyun gave a strong slap on Chanyeol’s shoulder.

“Ouch! It’s not necessary to make such fuss about who my friend is right?” Chanyeol retorted.

“No wonder you always seemed to have lack interest whenever we fangirl over T-ARA sunbae-nim, it’s because you’re Jiyeon’s friend so you can just easily meet her anytime.” Kai then complained.

The girls only laughed seeing them complaining about Chanyeol being selfish and everything. Jiyeon too, found it funny how they were ramming on Chanyeol. Suddenly, she had a feeling like she’s being watched, so Jiyeon turned her head. She briefly caught a pair of eyes before the person looked away and began talking to someone next to him. She noticed a boy with light brown hair and pale skin together with another cute boy next to him didn’t join the complaining session of their other friends. They talked to each other, as if they’re in their own world. But she was pretty sure that the pale-looking boy was staring just now. Sehun on the other hand, was still surprised to learn about Chanyeol’s friendship with Jiyeon. Hearing Hyomin’s statement broke him even more.

“So she doesn’t notice me, or she doesn’t even remember me.” Sehun told Luhan.

“Cheer up buddy. There are so many members in our group. It’s hard to notice each of us.” Luhan convinced.

“But she noticed Chanyeol. I knew her since few years ago too. What makes us different then?” Sehun pouted.

“That he’s her friend?” Luhan guessed.

“I guess so. I wasn’t even her friend to begin with, just a kid who followed her around because I found her pretty. That’s it.”

“Let’s stop this here or they might notice your sullen expression.” Luhan suggested.

“Okay fine.”

 

Their meeting supposedly for practice ended up being them feasting on their lunch together. Sehun who came to approach Jiyeon ended up isolating himself most of the time. Whenever they sat in a group, he would sit at the most back, far from Jiyeon. He was all hyped up when they were deciding the partnering for their collaboration stage, hoping that he would get Jiyeon, but of course he was disappointed once again. The noonas claimed Jiyeon being quite shy around guys so she was paired up with Chanyeol since they already knew each other, to avoid any awkwardness. Having no choice, Sehun just paired up with Hyomin who came to him. So the day he’s been waiting for, the day he planned to approach Jiyeon ended miserably.

“That was fun! The girls are unexpectedly friendly.” Kai exclaimed as they all got into the van.

“And pretty too.” Lay added.

“How is it Sehun? You didn’t seem so pleased as their fan.” Chanyeol asked.

Having heard the question from the one he least expected, Sehun answered half-heartedly, “It’s great. They’re nice.”

“Looks like the maknae is upset about something.” Baekhyun teased.

“Screw off, hyung. I wanna sleep.” He rejected Baekhyun’s joke and shut his eyes after putting on the headphones.

 

-----------------------------------------

 

“Gather around girls.”

T-ARA head manager appeared in their waiting room after they finished recording their comeback performance on M!Countdown. They were having light snacks, recharging their energy after the recording. Everyone was focusing on the manager, because they knew he’s about to pass important information. Their new album was just released last night and they were anxious while waiting for the result of how their song was doing on the chart. Although a lot of people said they’d do really well because they’re practically on top right now, there were always possibilities.

“There’s two things I need to announce.” The manager began.

“Is it good or bad oppa?” Eunjung nervously asked for hint.

“You’ll see. The first one is… as of today, after eighteen hours of released, Day by Day is TOPPING THE CHART FOR

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter