Seven

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

SEVEN

 

 

Author’s POV

“Great work everyone. Congratulations for successfully wrapped up our ‘Overdose’ promotion. Let’s work harder afterwards.” Leader Suho said after they’re done with their goodbye stage.

“I hope we’ll win again today, overdose’s last win.” Lay then added.

Other members nodded in unison, agree. They then flocked to their waiting room to take a short rest while waiting for the ending. Sehun walked at the most behind, somehow looking soulless. Usually he would stroll around hoping that he’ll bump into Jiyeon somewhere in the corridor, but unfortunately Jiyeon had ended her promotion last week to make way for Hyomin’s solo debut. It has been three weeks since the incident in L.A, and Sehun has been holding the anxiety alone, thinking of a way to apologize to Jiyeon. It wasn’t an ordinary incident, making Sehun cursed at himself whenever he was reminded of the incident.

“You guys looked outstanding on stage just now.” A girl was standing right next to the waiting room’s door, congratulating the members.

“Thanks.” The members politely thanked her, although they didn’t particularly know her.

“Oh! Sehun-ssi, may I have a minute with you?” The girl suddenly closed the door and blocked Sehun before he could enter.

“Huh? Who…?” Sehun confusedly asked.

He observed the girl carefully. She’s wearing a white shirt, dark blue jeans, and a nametag was seen hanging on her neck. She also carried a notebook, “You must have guessed it right? Yes, I’m Park Sohee, journalist. I would like to interview you, a short one. You wouldn’t mind right?”

“Not really but I have to ask my manager beforehand—”

“Nah don’t need to waste any more time, Sehun-ssi. Let’s go.”

After cutting Sehun off, the journalist bravely dragged Sehun to an empty waiting room with her. She quickly set up chairs and took a seat before signaling Sehun to settle in front of her. Wasn’t very sure what to do, Sehun innocently took a seat facing her. She shot a bright smile, which Sehun replied with a light nod.

“Don’t be nervous. I’ll only ask a few simple questions.” She assured.

“I hope so, since I don’t have that much time before the ending stage.” Sehun politely answered.

“I’m surprised that you’re kinda timid and polite for such a strong image you have. What are your thoughts on this comeback? Is it the best yet?” She began asking.

“Well, it’s different from our hit song, growl. However Overdose is my kind of music. But what stands out the most for this comeback is the choreography. It accurately portrays what the song is all about. I can say that this is a successful comeback, despite of some problems occurred in between.” Sehun calmly answered.

“So what can you say about Kris sudden withdrawal from the group, on top of that right before the promotion began?”

“I’m sorry but I’m afraid this question is beyond my sphere because the problem is between hyung and the company.”

“I see. Next, you were involved in a surprising dating scandal with T-ARA Jiyeon. It was then clarified that you’re just a fan. Some said your way of expressing was misleading, which is what actually caused the scandal to blow up. What do you think?”

“I guess my expression was indeed misleading. I’m genuinely a fan of Jiyeon-sunbaenim since her debut, and as a fan, just like others, I’m totally captivated by her charms, which is why I couldn’t hold myself from fanboying over her. It was like a dream come true when I was able to meet my idol, just like other fans out there. It’s so regretful that I had unknowingly dragged Jiyeon-sunbaenim into this kind of scandal.”

“I understand your feeling. I have bumped into Jiyeon-ssi a few times and she’s a total goddess. Okay then, thanks for your cooperation.”

“You’re welcome.”

Sehun then exited the room, leaving the journalist behind as she was jotting down something in her notebook. He arrived at their waiting room right when the members came out for the ending stage. Without even asking about his whereabouts during the moment he was missing, the members just dragged Sehun along with them, which was officially Sehun’s second time being dragged around for the day.

 

---

 

            The EXO members were given an off day after their promotion ended. Each of them was doing different things since early morning, but most of them were sleeping, replacing the sleep time they lost during the promotional weeks. Xiumin was up earliest among all to tidy up the dorm as they were too busy before. D.O was in the kitchen studying a recipe book, planning to cook a set of brunch for the members. Chanyeol who was sleeping in the living room was continuously scolded by Xiumin for being a disturbance for him to tidy up the area. However, Chanyeol was still comfortably sleeping, unconscious of the eldest scolding.

“YAH PARK CHANYEOL WHY DIDN’T YOU SLEEP IN YOUR FREAKING ROOM?!” Xiumin finally exploded.

“Ah hyung… you’re too loud…” Chanyeol sleepily responded, making Xiumin gritted his teeth in anger.

“Ah shut up! Who the hell is making noise in the morning?!” Baekhyun came out from his room with a grumpy sleepy face while rumbling his bed hair.

“IT’S ME WHY?!” Xiumin glared at Baekhyun, angry.

“Oh hyung, it’s you. Sorry… I’ll just go wash my face, bye!” Baekhyun then dashed to the washroom, escaping Xiumin’s wrath.

Xiumin then gave up on waking up Chanyeol and just proceed to other place to clean. Shortly after, two boys came out from a room discussing something very loudly. Sehun was already completely dressed up to leave to somewhere while Tao was bossing around him, blabbering about something. Sehun only ignored him while making an irritated face.

“Come on Sehun, I’ll just take a close look and put them back in the drawer. I promise you I will do no harm.” Tao put up his right hand, showing a promising gesture.

“I said no. I don’t trust you.” Sehun refused.

“What are you guys fighting about this early morning? And where are you going Sehun?” Xiumin just came out from Kai’s room bringing a basket full of dirty clothes.

“I’ll spend my off day at my brother’s apartment. I’ll be back by tomorrow.” Sehun answered one of Xiumin’s questions.

“Hyung! This guy is so stingy. I wanted to take a look at his T-ARA and Jiyeon’s album but he wouldn’t let me. Say something to him, hyung.” Tao pouted, sending Xiumin a signal to help him.

“Why wouldn’t you let him see the albums Sehun?” Xiumin questioned.

“Hell no! Those are precious albums, and you are so clumsy so we’ll never know what will happen so my answer is still NO. I just received Jiyeon’s signed album a few days ago.” Sehun refused.

“Now I really wonder, Sehun, do you really like Jiyeon as an idol or more than that. Are you sure you’re merely a fan?” Tao crossed his arms.

“Jiyeon?” As if he was triggered by the name, Chanyeol woke up from his sleep and looked at the boys in a questioning expression.

“Of course! Screw you Tao, I’m going.” Sehun then quickly grabbed his bag and swiftly left the dorm.

“Hyung, did you see his blushed face? Sehun obviously likes Jiyeon more than a fan’s love to the idol. What’s the point of denying? Hmmm, I’ll just go back to sleep.” Tao complained before he then went back into his room.

Chanyeol confusedly looked at Xiumin, “That kid likes Jiyeon more than a fan? Is that possible, Xiumin hyung?” He asked Xiumin.

“How do I know? And don’t talk to me Chanyeol, I hate you.” Xiumin then glared at Chanyeol before he disappeared elsewhere.

 

 

            Sehun was walking along the street to the nearest subway station. He purposely dressed in a hideously outdated attire to avoid being recognized. He was aware that he’ll stand out even more to completely cover himself during summer so he put on an overly baggy pants and shirt. What’s worse was that he actually put on a wig, a long one, enough to cover his face. The other members sometime also did this, and he learned it from the genius king of trolling, Chen. Sehun walked passed by a café but then he stopped when his eyes caught the big poster pasted on the café’s wall. It’s Jiyeon’s poster, dressed in a fine-looking ballerina outfit.

“TOM n TOM’s coffee. A cup of coffee wouldn’t hurt.” He muttered as he read the sign.

He walked into the coffee shop, which was almost empty since it’s still quite early in the morning. The worker then welcomed him as he approached the counter, “May I take your order, sir?”

“One green mint mocha, and a pretzel.” Sehun placed his order.

In less than five minutes, his breakfast was ready. Sehun thanked the worker before he took the tray and went to find a seat. As soon as he seated, Sehun suddenly noticed that the tray came with Jiyeon’s poster. He smiled foolishly as he put away the drink and pretzel aside just to get a clear view of the poster. He held it up and took a closer look.

“Pretty.” He grinned.

Sehun then secretly folded the poster and put it in his pocket. He cancelled his plan on having breakfast there and just left right away. He ride the subway together with the people who’s on their way to work. After finding himself a seat, Sehun checked his phone while eating the pretzel. He searched his name just in case some weird rumors come up again.

“Oh, my interview from yesterday came out.” He whispered to himself.

 

1. [+440, -105] Why was him fanboying over his bias controversial at the first place? A lot of other idols did so, why can’t Sehun? Some people are just salty because they hate seeing Jiyeon and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter