Six

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

SIX

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

            They all arrived at the studio for Inkigayo special in LA for rehearsal an hour before lunch. All the artists promoting at the moment were presented, and they cheered for each other as each of them performed rehearsal. Jiyeon’s y and charismatic performance received an overwhelming response from the boy group members. She walked down the stage shyly once she finished the rehearsal, and she then received compliments from the audiences. The EXO members who had also done their rehearsal swarmed toward Jiyeon and praised continuously praised her, making Jiyeon blushed. Sehun also sneaked in and congratulated Jiyeon, trying to not be awkward after the scandal. Fortunately, Jiyeon didn’t ignore him. He was glad that Jiyeon actually smiled at him.

“Jiyeon, it’s almost lunch time, what about eating with us?” Suho offered.

“Uh—ah thanks but… I’ll just eat inside my waiting room.” Jiyeon politely rejected the offer.

“Then let me eat with you. You must be lonely right?” Chanyeol then said.

Everyone stayed silent, curious of how Jiyeon will answer, “Sure.” She then shortly answered.

“Ahhhhh why…” Some of them members said in unison once Jiyeon answered.

“Make sure none of you disturb us. It’s old friends’ hang out, in the waiting room.” Chanyeol warned them all, “Let’s go get our lunch box first Jiyeon. See you guys later!”

Sehun’s expression turned dark as his eyes followed Jiyeon and Chanyeol left together. He wanted to believe that both of them were just friends, but his heart refused to. The members then left to their waiting room. Sehun pretended to follow along, but on their way, he took a turn to where Jiyeon’s waiting room was. As he walked alone in the hallway, he then heard voices, definitely Chanyeol’s and Jiyeon’s, but there’s someone else with them. He saw three people were standing in front of a waiting room, talking. The other guy appeared to be Myungsoo. He stopped near enough for him to hear the conversation.

“So Jiyeon… will you eat lunch with me?” Myungsoo asked.

“I’m sorry, but I told you right? We promised to eat lunch together.” Chanyeol stressed, and his tone sounded a bit tense.

“I’m asking Jiyeon, not you.” Myungsoo retorted.

“Enough guys, please.” Jiyeon her forehead, feeling pressured.

“Jiyeon… I’ve been waiting for you, as I promised. I can’t believe this is how you treat me. Before you left to Japan, you said we’ll see whether it’ll work out between us. But you simply ignored me the whole time. Why Jiyeon?” Myungsoo grabbed Jiyeon’s wrist.

“Don’t touch her.” Chanyeol then broke Myungsoo’s grip.

“Can you please let we finish this between us first, Chanyeol? I get that you’re her friend, but it’s between me and Jiyeon right now. You can have lunch together sometimes later.” Myungsoo tried to stay calm.

“No, oppa. If it’s you and Chanyeol, no matter how many times, I would always choose him over you. I’m sorry, but we’re over oppa.” Jiyeon dropped down her face, avoiding Myungsoo’s gaze.

“Do you like him, Jiyeon?” Myungsoo frowned.

Without answering Myungsoo’s question, Jiyeon left into the waiting room and left the two guys outside. Chanyeol nodded once at Chanyeol before he also disappeared into the room. Myungsoo turned around and weakly took his steps away. He bumped onto Sehun who’s been standing there, silently watching them. He shot a bitter smile at Sehun.

“You saw what happened?” He asked in an unstable voice.

“I’m sorry, hyung.” Sehun uttered.

“Why did you apologize? Because you feel sorry for me?”

“You should go and take your lunch too, Myungsoo hyung. You need to restore your energy for the stage tonight.” Sehun changed the topic.

“Okay. You too.” Myungsoo then left after curling a sad smile.

Once Myungsoo’s gone, Sehun heaved in a deep breath. He felt something painful within his heart, something that had been haunting him since the day Jiyeon said he wasn’t her first love, “So it’s Chanyeol hyung after all…”

 

---

 

“Great work everyone.” Suho exclaimed as soon as they left the stage, finishing their performance the special that night.

“The fans here are so sporting. The best part was that they sang along with us.” Chen happily said.

“I hope we can have our own concert here later.” Baekhyun spoke with dreamy expression.

While everyone was happy for successfully completing their performance, Sehun silently took off his mic without caring to hear what they’re talking about. His mind was fully occupied by Jiyeon, and the thought of her being together with his own group member while he had come this far only to walk the same path as her, to always be near her. After handing the mic to the audio manager, Sehun left without waiting for the members. The others who were just realizing his uncommon behavior only stared at him as he disappeared into the hallway. He entered the waiting room and quickly searched through his bag. He took out black pants, plain black sweatshirt, black cap, and black mask, basically all blacks. He quickly changed before anyone come back. While he was putting on the cap, the door opened and Luhan rushed inside.

“Yah! Where’s your stage outfit? What the hell are you trying to do right now?”

“I’m leaving. Cover for me hyung.” He said before putting on the mask, covering his lower face.

“Hell no! The fans aren’t that dumb to not realize that you’re missing during when they’re announcing the winner later.”

“We’re not the nominee right? So please stand at the most back so no one would notice.”

“It isn’t that easy Sehun! Where are you going actually?”

Sehun didn’t answer Luhan’s question. He took his parka before leaving Luhan being confused and he simply went to the door to leave. Once he opened the door, he bumped onto Baekhyun and Xiumin who were on their way to enter the waiting room. Noticing Sehun, they started calling him a few times but got completely ignored. They ran into the room to listen to Luhan’s story, while Sehun had already left.

 

            On the other hand, Jiyeon was resting in her room as her performance ended long ago. Her managers were out to a café nearby and she refused to join because she was just so stressed out right now. It wasn’t bad enough that she was rumored to be dating Sehun, but now she even had to deal with the guilt she felt toward Myungsoo. Not to mention that Chanyeol was dragged along too. As she was losing in her thoughts, someone suddenly knocked the door.

“Come in!” She shouted, thinking that her managers had came back.

But to her surprise, a guy in full black walked in, straight towards her. Freaked out, Jiyeon was staring at him, speechless. As the guy stood in front of her, Jiyeon noticed the eyes, the only thing she could see.

“Sehun?” She stood up, noticing him only from the eyes.

Sehun didn’t answer her. He then put the parka on Jiyeon, signaling her to wear it on. Confused, Jiyeon wore the oversized parka anyway, and Sehun then put up the hood to cover Jiyeon’s face, “Come with me.”

Sehun held Jiyeon’s hand and dragged her out of the room with him, although Jiyeon tried to stop him. Luckily, the hallway was filled with foreigner staffs who wouldn’t probably notice them. They exited the studio building to the road side. Jiyeon could feel the cold breeze was climbing up her bare legs as the parka only covered a little bit below her knees, not to mention that her stage outfit behind the parka was kinda exposed too. They stopped by the roadside, but Sehun didn’t let go of Jiyeon’s hand he’s holding.

“Sehun, what are you doing exactly? Are we going somewhere?” Jiyeon asked with a slightly trembling voice due to coldness.

“I wanna talk to you.” Sehun answered.

“We’re not done with the Inkigayo yet. And we could just speak inside.” Jiyeon suggested.

“No, I wanna talk alone with you, just us. Let’s grab a drink. When are you scheduled to leave back to Seoul?”

“Tomorrow morning at eleven. But I still don’t get it Sehun. Why so suddenly? What’s gotten into you? Are you okay?” Jiyeon’s tone was filled with worries.

“Why do you keep worrying about me? I’m okay. You’re the one who isn’t.” Sehun told.

“No, I’m okay. What are you talking about?” Jiyeon smiled, trying to deny Sehun’s accusation.

Sehun didn’t reply her. He fetched a cab without letting go of Jiyeon’s hand. He let Jiyeon hopped into the cab first before he followed suit. Lost of words, Jiyeon could only do whatever she was told to. Sehun then googled something on his phone and showed it to the cab driver. The driver nodded once before he drove away. None of them talked. First time being in LA, Jiyeon only looked outside, slightly amazed by the westernize mood. After almost thirty minutes, the cab finally stopped somewhere. Jiyeon confusedly looked outside as Sehun was paying. Before they came out, Sehun quickly fixed his cap and wore his mask. He then made sure Jiyeon’s face was properly covered before he held her hand and led her outside the cab. Once they departed, Jiyeon looked up, checking the place the cab driver dropped them off.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter