Nine

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

NINE

 

 

Jiyeon’s POV

“Just go home now and come back on the wedding day.” Dad chased Sehun out.

I giggled along with Hyojoon as we saw Sehun was smiling foolishly although he was just chased out of our house. For a second, my eyes met Sehun’s who were already outside of the door. I stopped laughing as something comes into my mind. I excused myself and quickly made my way into the room and rested my body onto the bed. I looked at the ceiling, with my right palm laid on my forehead, while the other was gently caressing my tummy. What will happen once the bump is showing? I could just take a leave for a year, but then T-ARA is scheduled to comeback about a month later.

Suddenly, an image of Sehun’s enthusiast smile when I accepted the marriage flashed into my mind. What have I done? Is this the right thing to do? What if it will hurt him someday? It does seem unfair for him, especially when he’s so genuine. Why me? What did I do to deserve a hard life like this? What’s worse is that now I even dragged others along with me.

“Jiyeon-ah,” Hyojoon suddenly appeared from outside, “He’s here,” He added.

“Let him in oppa.” I said while standing up from the bed.

I stood still next to the bed and urgently wiped away the remaining tears on my face. I curled a smile when the door was slowly pushed from outside and a tall guy anxiously walked in.

“Jiyeon-ah, are you okay?” He talked as soon as he saw me.

“Of course.” I nodded with a smile.

“That doesn’t look convincing at all.” He said as he advanced closer to me, “It’s okay, come here.” He then spread his arms while signaling me to come closer.

My heart weakened at that very moment. I could feel the tears that I’ve been holding in since the moment he walked in, was now slowly escaping my eyes, “Yeol-ah, I’m scared.” I uttered as I flew into his arms.

“It’s okay. I’m here now.” He caressed my head and his voice soothed my heart.

“I agreed to marry Sehun. What should I do now? I don’t know if this is a great idea.” I told as I escaped his arms.

“For now, let’s just follow the flow. I’m sure Sehun know what he’s doing. I told you right, he’s EXO’s precious and capable maknae.”

“What if something happened to him in case thing got leaked?”

“It won’t, this will stay as our secret. You’ll be okay.”

“You will stay with me right, Chanyeol?” I looked straight into his eyes.

“Always. We promised to always get each other’s back no matter what happened, and we promised to stay together. Do you remember?” He showed his infamous wide grin.

“Of course, that was the day you reject my love confession.” I slightly chuckled.

“Yes, the day you punched me on my stomach because I rejected you.” We laughed together as he said that.

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay. That’s a precious memory to me, very rare. By the way, I can’t stay for long. I need to go back as soon as possible because manager hyung set a curfew as we’re going through strict practice for the word tour. Will you be okay?”

“I’ll be okay. But Chanyeol, do you really think I should marry Sehun?”

“For now, yes. When everything has settled down, you can just call for a divorce.”

“Wouldn’t that hurt Sehun then?”

“He’ll be okay. It’s just his sense of responsibility for causing the trouble. He’s your fan right? It’s not like he really loves you”

“Okay. I hope so.”

“Take care okay.”

Chanyeol curled a sweet smile as he patted my head. He gave another short but warm hug before he finally turned around and left the room. I still like him though, too bad that he only treats me as his best friend. I really wonder what’s inside his mind. I called him this evening and told him everything because I really needed to talk this out, and he’s the one who understands me the most. Of course, he was surprised once I told him, but after a while, he told me to accept Sehun’s marriage proposal. The reason is that just in case I’m caught pregnant, at least I have an explanation for having someone as my husband. At first I really didn’t like the idea because this means I was about to drag Sehun’s entire life and career to go down with me, but what more choices did I have? I’m so sorry Sehun…

 

Author’s POV

            Sehun was sitting on the chair in the hall silently, with his brother next to him. He’s wearing a suit borrowed from his brother and he couldn’t seem to stay calm for even a second. When someone suddenly touched his shoulder, Sehun actually startled for a bit before he realized it was Hyojoon.

“Oh, hyung.” He said after heaving out a loud breath.

“Are you okay?” Hyojoon ensured. Sehun only nodded as an answer, “Jiyeon is coming in. You better get ready at the end of the isle.” Hyojoon told.

Sehun nodded again as he stood up. His brother patted his back a few times as a support before Sehun made his way at the end of the isle, waiting for Jiyeon to appear. He sent a worry gaze as he looked at his brother and Hyojoon who were only smiling down there watching him. These two only nodded signaling him that everything would be alright. Sehun replied with a nod as he nervously his dry lips a few times, still couldn’t keep his body calm. He shut his eyes tightly once he heard the door pushed opened from the other side, and only dared to lift up his face after inhaling a very deep breath. His jaw dropped at the sight of Jiyeon’s walking next to her father, wearing a simple short wedding dress.

“Pretty…” Sehun whispered to himself.

With every step Jiyeon took, Sehun’s heart started beating twice as fast as it should be. Jiyeon shot a calm smile from a far, and that was enough to make Sehun sighed really loudly, obviously showing his inner thoughts right now. As Jiyeon reached the end of the isle, Sehun offered his trembling hand to lead Jiyeon onto the aisle with him. Jiyeon took his hand, and Jiyeon’s touch began sending shivers to his spine. They managed to smile at each other before stood facing the officiant. Years ago, Sehun could only dream of standing close next to Jiyeon, especially at the end of the isle like they were right now. These all could only be in his imagination, but everything has become a reality.

“I do.”

Sehun almost shed happy tears as he heard Jiyeon’s answer. Although they have yet to know where would this marriage bring them, Sehun was more than grateful, and Jiyeon could only smile it off. They put the rings on each others’ fingers and Sehun then lightly, rather shyly planted a short peck on Jiyeon’s forehead.

“I now pronounce both of you as husband and wife.”

 

----------------------------

 

            The next day after their marriage, Jiyeon and Sehun were soon coming out from the elevator in the basement parking lot of the building where Jiyeon lived in. Sehun walked at the front while Jiyeon silently tailed behind. When Sehun halted his step, Jiyeon did so as well. Sehun turned around and stood facing Jiyeon with a light smile curled on his face. Jiyeon smiled back, although a bitter one. Sehun took something out from his pocket and gave it to Jiyeon.

“This is they pass code to my apartment on the eleventh floor. You’re free to go there whenever you want to, just in case you need time to be alone or anything.” Sehun told.

“Okay. Thanks Sehun.” Jiyeon replied as she’s looking at the piece of paper Sehun gave.

“I won’t see you until next month so… make sure you take care of yourself and the baby very well, okay?”

“Okay.” Jiyeon nodded, “You too, take care. World tour is exhausting, so don’t neglect your health and take appropriate amount of rest.”

“Thanks. Then… see you.”

Sehun lightly gestured a goodbye to Jiyeon before he made his way to Tao’s car and went back to the dorm to get ready for their world tour. Right after Sehun’s car sprinted away, Jiyeon herself made her way to her car as she got a call from her agency earlier. Her mind was all muddled up lately because she knew she’s about to face a crucial period where she had to think on how to tell her agency about the pregnancy as their comeback was approaching. Jiyeon arrived at the agency and quickly went into the building after parking the car. She got a message from her teammates just now that they were waiting in the practice room.

“Jiyeon-ah you’re here!” Eunjung called once Jiyeon entered the practice room with a big smile.

“Jiyeon the dance team had demonstrated sugarfree’s choreography just now and it’s daebak I tell you. Our rap part is great to! I can’t wait to learn it.” Hyomin exclaimed happily.

“The choreography is easy and simple and you guys can possibly master it in one month. Another month you guys will master the formation, and then you’re ready to rock the comeback with sugar free.” Their choreographer then enthusiastically explained.

“I’m looking forward for this comeback.” Their president then added with a proud smile.

Jiyeon could only curl a bitter smile seeing her excited member and happy dance team alongside the president h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter