Twenty-Five

Blue Ethereal Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Twenty-Five

 

 

Author’s POV

            A shiny black van sprinted through the street that evening. The guys in the van were all handsomely dressed and styled as they’re on their way to an award ceremony. All of them were doing their own things. Sehun was sitting at the most back with his eyes locked to the phone screen. He was reading an article and a faint smile could be seen appearing on his face as he observed the journalists photos uploaded in the article.

“Looks like she’s finally back.” Chanyeol next to him suddenly talked.

Sehun urgently put away his phone and looked at Chanyeol with a surprised expression, “Why are you staring at my phone?”

“What? Even I saw the article earlier. I know Jiyeon looked as beautiful as she has always been so there’s no point of hiding anything from me.” Chanyeol teased.

“Hyung… now that she’s back, I don’t wanna lose her again. What should I do?” Sehun asked.

“There’s nothing else you can do unless you’re ready to give up your whole career. I guess that’s the only solution.” Chanyeol simply answered.

Sehun then shifted his eyes back to the screen phone as he stared at Jiyeon’s photo long. He was digesting Chanyeol’s words in his mind, “Giving up my whole career…” He thought.

 

---

 

            The EXO members were all settling on their table for the award ceremony. They looked at the audiences and found banners of their names before waving at the fans as a fan-service. The ceremony started off with the MCs appearing on the stage. The guys just enjoyed themselves dancing to the songs performed on the stage, and clapped for every award receiver. Sometimes they would interact with other celebrities near their table.

“Weibo Star Award goes to… Oh Sehun from EXO!”

The situation at EXO table turned chaotic as the hyungs proudly stood up and clapped for their maknae and at the same time pushing him up to the stage. Sehun made his way to the stage and received the flower bouquet before heading to the microphone to deliver his speech. The hyungs were giving cute reactions as the maknae said his speech thanking them and the fans.

“I’m most thankful to have such a great hyungs around supporting me in my ups and down. And to my fans, I couldn’t have received this award without you guys supporting me. I’m grateful to have fans that love me for who I am. And lastly… I wouldn’t be The Sehun I’m being right now if not for that someone I’ve always looked up to. I would’ve been a commoner living a normal live if I did not meet this person who had always been my inspiration. Park Jiyeon… I still remember the words she told me almost seven years ago, ‘your visual might fit for an idol. Why don’t you go for an audition? Who knows we’ll meet again someday’. Since that moment, I worked so hard so I’ll be able to stand as tall as she did. What I’m about to say might hurt some people so first of all I would like to apologize… I don’t think I have the strength to keep blindly pushing myself because it’s stressing me out. This could be my last attempt and I’m ready to give everything up. This might be my last time standing on the stage so I’m thankful for the good experience for these past years. I’m done being treated as a property so from now on, I just wanna do what I wanna do without restraining myself anymore. So Jiyeon if you’re watching, I just wanna let you know that you’re the reason I am who I am today. I don’t care whatever or whoever comes my way, I still love you the same way. Let’s not run away anymore.”

Silence filled the hall as Sehun finished his speech. Even the EXO members seemed to be speechless. Sehun stood there on the stage and just looked down on the floor, seemingly flustered himself. However, Chanyeol and Baekhyun both stood up from the seats and presented a loud applause for the maknae. The other members later stood up as well and gave Sehun a big clap. Their action received applause from other celebrities too followed by some of the audiences. Sehun walked down the stage and went towards his hyungs as they all hugged him. Their group hug was filmed by the camera. Sehun later sprinted out from the place, leaving everything behind.

 

--------------------------------------

 

[BREAKING] EXO Sehun publicly declared his feelings for ex-girlfriend Jiyeon during Gaon Chart Award. “Ready to give up everything”. Other EXO members showed their support for the group’s maknae on social media. Is he really gonna quit being a celebrity?

baekhyunee_exo on Instagram:

“I’m proud of you Oh Sehun. You took the courage to express your feelings. You stood up for yourself, which not any other celebrities could have done. Please live your life the way you wanted to. Hyung will always support you!”

Real_pcy on Instagram:

“I got your back, maknae. I wish I’m as bold as you are. Be happy!”

 

 1. [+15,793, -3,299] Seeing how the members are publicly showing their supports for Sehun, it means he must have suffered a lot that even the members couldn’t stand just watching anymore.

2. [+12,928, -4,654] I’m waiting for the comments bashing him for being ‘ungrateful’ and ‘thoughtless’ towards other EXO members and fans so I can just laugh at these comments.

3. [+11,623, -2,872] This is such a rare celebrities love story. I guess Sehun wasn’t joking when he said he becomes an idol so he could meet Jiyeon. But I’m most curious of Jiyeon’s reaction to this though.

4. [+10,029, -3,742] Sehun could’ve kept being an idol and being with Jiyeon at the same time. There are other celebrities dating each other just fine. It’s just because he has too many fans and they’re making fuss out of it. Serve them right though, because they’re about to lose him since he chose Jiyeon instead of his career.

5. [+9,334, -1,563] It must be hard for him when they had to break up only after four months into their relationship. I guess he just can’t let go. Anyways, he’s so cool when he said he’s done being treated as a property. All idol fans should realize that these idols aren’t their property.

6. [+8,456 -9,646] Aigoo, he’s finally gone crazy because of love. He’s raking in all those cash for living as a celebrity but he chose to love instead? That will be his biggest regret.

7. [+7,264 -1,000] He had probably made enough to own buildings and live a wealthy live so he had nothing to lose, unless Jiyeon chooses to become petty and rejects him.

8. [+6,924, -947] Ahh lovely couple! I heard they already have so many fans supporting them too.

9. [+4,183, -563] He’s opening a path for other idols to live normally. Many idols must have thought he’s cool for staying true to his love.

10. [+3,821, -746] To think he made it this far with Jiyeon as his inspiration, he must really love her. I’m so curious of their love story. It must hurt him too when T-ARA got into the bullying scandal.  

 

---------------------------------------

 

            Jiyeon was in his agency’s meeting room that morning together with the CEO, her manager, and other T-ARA members. Silence filled the room as everyone was waiting for Jiyeon to say something, which she didn’t. All she did is anxiously playing with her fingers and nervously bit her lips. She could feel the chills as everyone was staring at her. She was called for an urgent meeting because of Sehun’s brave confession last night. The CEO gave her the sole authority to decide what to do but she couldn’t decide on anything.

Eunjung who was sitting next to her then gently patted her back, “Don’t mind us Jiyeon. Just think about yourself and decide what’s best for you. We all know you still have feelings for him.” She told.

Jiyeon looked at Eunjung with a very thankful expression before she finally talked, “I need time to think it through.”

“Take your time. If anything, just call us okay?” Hyomin told.

Jiyeon just nodded with a light smile before she finally excused herself. She left the agency and went to her car at the parking lot. As soon as she settled at the driver seat, Jiyeon rested her head against the seat and let out a heavy sigh. She felt lost as she couldn’t even make a decision. While it’s true she wanted to go back to Sehun more than anything, at the same time, she did consider running away from the mess because she’s too scared of any possible consequences. After a while, she started the engine and drove away. She stopped the car in front of a coffee shop and walked inside to grab a hot coffee. As she was lining up at the counter, Jiyeon slightly pulled up her scarf to avoid getting recognized by other customers in the shop. Once it’s finally her turn, she pulled down the scarf a bit to place her order.

“Oh! Aren’t you Park Jiyeon?” The cashier pointed out, genuinely surprised to see a celebrity in front of her.

“Which Jiyeon? T-ara Jiyeon?”

“Huh? Really? Jiyeon?”

“Whoa a celebrity is here.”

Jiyeon could hear whispers from behind her. She awkwardly apologized to the cashier before turning around, attempting to leave the place. But the people began swarming towards her, asking for photos, autographs, and some of them began taking photos and videos as well.

“Whoa you’re really pretty Jiyeon unnie!”

“Are you getting back together with Sehun yet?”

“Can I take a selfie with you?”

“Please take a photo with me unnie!”

As they began surrounding her, Jiyeon then tried to calm down the situation. She agreed to take photos with everyone but they should take turn as the group was growing bigger. Even the café’s staffs were coming out from the kitchen. While Jiyeon was smiling and posing for a photo with the people there, the others that were waiting at the side began filming the whole situation. Some of them posted on twitter and some on Instagram.

“Let’s tag Oh Sehun.”

“Yeah let’s do that.”

 

---

 

            Sehun was still on the bed that morning, thinking about the future. After what he had done last night, he knew today is not gonna be a quiet day for him. Truthfully, he was still waiting for the call from the agency, and he was getting ready to hear any cursing or angry words. He received a text message from the manager regarding the matter and it didn’t surprise him at all because the moment he decided to do what he did last night, he was more than ready to give up everything.

“I met the management staffs and they said they’re considering taking legal action on you. I’m sorry Sehun.” The manager apologized in the text message.

“What are you apologizing for hyung? This is solely my fault. I’m ready to face any consequences. Thank you for everything hyung.”

Sehun just sent the reply to the manager and was about to lock the phone when he received an Instagram notification. Byunparkji mentioned you in their story. Although he usually ignored such notification, something urged him to not ignore that one morning mentioned. Once he viewed the video, he automatically jumped off the bed. Jiyeon was seen posing for a photo with a lot people surrounding her. It was somehow noisy too. Sehun quickly replied to the fan.

“Where is this?”

“Black Coffee Shop!!!”

The fan replied as fast as lightning. Sehun threw his phone onto the bed and swiftly ran to the closet. He hastily put on a plain top, grabbed his jacket and car key, and finally dashed out of the dorm. His car sprinted through the street and after about ten minutes, Sehun parked in front of a café that seemed to be crowded with people. He stepped out and was about to make way into the coffee shop but two girls crossed his path, rushing to the café’s entrance.

“Here is it! They said a celebrity is here!”

“Quickly go inside!”

Upon hearing the two girls, Sehun was certain that he’s at the right place. He too, joined the crowd of people into the café, but slowly made his way to the middle of the group. Some people finally recognized him as he slipped through them but Sehun seemed to not care as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter