Chapter 2

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"I'm sure. Because, I already have," GuiGui simply her hair with her fingers. "Hi, Wang Zi."

"Hi! Did I make you wait longer? I apologized. Traffic was so heavy."

GuiGui felt proud when she noticed her friends kept quiet. Wang Zi might not be as handsome as Aaron, but he was not in the end of the line in terms of looks. At least, he's kind, respectful, bright, and best of all, he never teases her. Unlike Aaron.

GuiGui frowned. Wait, why in the world am I comparing Wang Zi over that devil's advocate?

"Ohh, Wang Zi, these are my friends. Rainie and Ella, and their boyfriends... do I have to introduce you guys?" she laughed. "Just kidding. These are Jiro and Chun."

"Hello." Wang Zi offered a hand shake to them. "Nice to meet all of you. GuiGui always told me about you."

"I have no choice," GuiGui said. "You're the only laughable things in my life."

She laughed again. Then, Rainie and Ella excuse themselves and pulled her away from them.

"You looked idiot, GuiGui. Why do you keep on laughing?"

"Wang Zi told me, the sound of my laugh is very nice." GuiGui looked back and waved at him laughing.

"You sound like a pig giving birth," Rainie said. "And where did you find that guy? Why we didn't know about him?"

"How would you know, you're all busy publicly displaying of affections with your boys. And I really planned to surprise you. I told you I would never be left out in terms of lovelife. Hah! You all thought you're the only one who can get a date?"

"You mean, he's your boyfriend already?"

"Not yet, Ella. Of course I need to slow down a little. I don't want him to think that I'm easy to get. But maybe next week I'm planning to make it official."

Ella pinched her arms while Rainie hit her on the shoulders.

"You sound desperate, GuiGui. You're gonna date him for the sake of having a boyfriend," Ella said.

"Yeah. It's unfair to him. Just because you're jealous of us and wanted to have a boyfriend, you will date him eventhough you don't like him."

"Who told you that I don't like him? I like him, okay? So don't be anxious. Maybe I'm desperate to have a boyfriend and well, to tell you the truth, I'm jealous of you guys. But this isn't enough reason to let a stranger enter my life. It's just that Wang Zi came and I liked him. Since he have all the qualities that I'm looking for a guy, of course I wouldn't let him go."

Ella and Rainie stared at her carefully, totally not convinced.

"Where did you met?" asked Ella.

"How many days you've known each other?"

"We've met a the bookshop when I was buying some magazine. That's last week." GuiGui sighed as her friends didn't changed their reaction. "He didn't came from a mental hospital or assylum. Don't gave me that suspicious look."

"We are not suspecting him, it's you that we are not convinced." Rainie said. "What if you just like him because of his looks? We know that you're a sniper of handsome and hot men. It's your reason that's why you will date him."

"You make it sound like I'm a ert-chasing-hot-guy girl instead of your friend."

"Why?" Ella interrupted. "You're not?"

"Heh! All I know is Wang Zi will be my boyfriend next week. Period!" GuiGui left them and went to Wang Zi talking to Jiro and Chun.

"Ei, you two, take those girls home. They're planning to have a rally against your president."

Wang Zi laughed.

"You bashed at our president again."

"What?! Aaron's your president, not mine." GuiGui looked at Wang Zi. "Let's go?"

"Yeah. Sure." Wang Zi looked at Jiro and Chun. "See you, guys."

They walked together going to his car while she carefully looked at him secretly. He didn't dare touch her hand, or try to put his arm around her shoulders. He's so gentleman. Although GuiGui wouldn't get angry if he tried to hold her hand or wrap his arms on her shoulder. But she's happy that Wang Zi respected her. It was a very big plus point in her book. Handsome, rich, kind, respectable, and the most important of all, have time in pursuing her.

"So, how was your day at work?" asked Wang Zi.

Why wait for next week to make it official?

"It's okay." GuiGui answered. "As usual, tiring, bored, and most of all--- Ooouuuccchhh!!!"

She bumped into the car door when it suddenly open. GuiGui held her nose when she felt like it grows big because of pain. The first part of her body that kissed the stupid door.

"Hey! You already saw that we're passing by and yet didn't tried to be careful!" Wang Zi yelled at the owner of the car.

That's when GuiGui knew who's the owner of the car--- it's Aaron. He got out of the car, frowning. Instead of answering Wang Zi's argument, he removed GuiGui's hand away from her hurted nose. Aaron came closer to inspect her face. GuiGui slightly moved away. She was surprised by his gesture that's why she didn't react quickly.

"Your nose is not deformed," Aaron said. "But if it still hurts, put a cold compress. Go back to the office. They got a cold compress there. Asked Jean where is it."

Somehow, GuiGui doesn't feel annoyed on the way he commanded her. Or maybe because she's still dizzy about her bumping against the car. Her dizziness suddenly went away as soon as Aaron held her hand and when she was stared by those beautiful eyes.

Wang Zi removed Aaron's hand off GuiGui's hand. "I think you should apologize to GuiGui. You hurt her."

Aaron squared off his shoulders as he turned an irritated expression on Wang Zi. "I don't need to apologize. I helped her already on how to ease the pain. Maybe, you should be the one apologizing to her since, you let her walk on the street. It's your fault that she got hit on the nose."

wang Zi kept quiet for a few minutes. Maybe because of embarrassment, he striked back.

"Don't push the fault on me. Say sorry to GuiGui!"

"Don't tell me what to do. Or do you want the security guards you outside?" Aaron warned him.

"That's enough, Wang Zi, I'm okay. Sir Aaron, next time please be careful so you will not accidentally hurt people." Her voice trailed off when she saw that glint in his eyes that shut her up as he slowly turned to her.

Is he angry?

"Your nose, like a tomato," Aaron said. "Go to the hospital. Or yet, do the surgery." He went back inside his car, slammed the door shut, and drove away. How did it enter her mind that maybe he's worried about her? GuiGui held her nose again.

"Don't worry, GuiGui. He's not telling the truth," Wang Zi said. "Your nose still looks cute." He held her hand, like what Aaron did to her. The difference only, she didn't accept his gesture. She quickly pulled her hand back.

"Sorry..." Wang Zi apologized. "I thought..."

GuiGui was surprised by her actions. Why she can't accept his help? Rather, why she don't want to be held by Wang Zi? She remembered saying that it's okay with her if he wrap his arms around her shoulder.

What was wrong with her? Why does she kept on finding the warmth of Aaron's hand?

Maybe the impact of my face bumping into the car that's why. There's nothing to it.

"We're going?" GuiGui asked Wang Zi.

"Okay." he guided her into his car.

After they left the building, their conversation was back to normal. They didn't mention about what happened outside Golden Pages. But she kept on secretly looking at her hand that Aaron touched but not Wang Zi.