Chapter 10

Her Own Prince Charming

 

GuiGui checked on her grocery cart. She almost got it full. There's only one left missing. She went straight into the canned drinks section of the grocery store. GuiGui found it but it was located at the top shelf.

"Jeez, it's cheap but they're hiding it."

GuiGui tried to reach but she can only touch it with the end of her finger. She pulled the grocery cart and stepped on it. GuiGui grabbed the canned drinks but the cart moved away. When she fell down, the canned drinks fell down on her head too. GuiGui held her head and swear in pain.

"You looked like a child there. Stand up."

GuiGui was still holding her head and looked at the person who talked. Her jaw almost dropped when she saw who was standing in front of her.

"Sir Aaron?"

"Aaron," he offered his hand to help her stand.

GuiGui was not blinking and kept staring at him. Aaron's so different. He was wearing a simple hooded shirt and a pair of old jeans instead of his elegant business suit. The leather shoes was changed to sneakers and a baseball cap was on his head. He looked an ordinary person. No. Nothing is ordinary with this guy. He just looked approachable. Of course, he's still full of appeal.

Aaron picked up the canned juice that hit her head. "Is this yours?"

"Huh? Yes." he put it on her cart. "Thanks."

"You need one piece only?"

"I need four more. But I can't reached it. This one fell down on my head." GuiGui pointed the canned juice and touched her head. "Ouch! I think my brain was shaken."

Aaron lifted his eyebrows then took the canned juice one by one and put on her grocery cart. "Why you didn't ask for the personnel here?"

"I can't find anyone before. And I'm also in a hurry. Thanks again for these."

Aaron approached her and touched the head where she was holding. She can't help but touched his hand. GuiGui was surprised by his gesture but she felt happy. Good thing he was taller than her so he didn't see the big smile coming out of .

"You had a wound," Aaron said suddenly. "They have a clinic here. Go there so they can give you first aid."

They're going to separate now? "No need. It's just a small wound. I'll put a band aid when I go home."

"It's better to put now. Maybe it'll get worse."

"The wound will not end up as a cancer, Aaron. It's okay."

"Alright, as you said."

"So, is grocery one of your hidden talents also?"

"Yes." Aaron held her head again. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the clinic?"

"Sir, why are you so sweet at me today? I wanted to believe you."

He withdrew his hand. "Next time, you should be careful."

"You're leaving, Sir? Let's go together. I'm going to the cashier now."

Aaron didn't speak, instead he helped her pushed the cart to the cashier.

"You changed your outfit today, Sir. "What's the occassion?"

"Why do you keep me calling, Sir? We're not in Golden Pages. And I started wearing this since then when I'm not working so don't look at me like that."

"I just saw you today wearing like that. Looks good on you."

"I know that long time ago."

She just couldn't help smiling at him. "What did you buy today?"

Aaron picked up the toilet paper on their way. "This."

GuiGui wanted to laugh. It looks like he didn't really needed the toilet paper but was forced to take the item.

So happy! I'm the reason why he came here!

"Sir---"

"Aaron," he corrected her.

"Aaron, Sir, would you like to drink coffee first? I have nothing to do after this."

"Me, I have something to do."

"What?"

"Business matter." he took her cart on the cashier. "Important."

"Okay. Take care, Sir--- Aaron I mean." Then she flashed him her great smile.

Aaron still hesitated to walk away from her. He's really handsome. A few ladies and students tried to smile at him but as usual, he didn't smiled back.

Ha! What do you expect? I'm his apple of the eye, so back off! GuiGui thought.

Once again she laughed when the alarm went on at the exit of the grocery store. The guards approached him and pointed at the toilet paper he's holding. Aaron forgot to pay. He went to the nearest cash register. GuiGui grinned when he looked at her. He held up the item he forgot to pay.

"Poor guy," she said to herself. "Distracted to my beauty."

Hayysss, it's very hard to be beautiful. And you, Aaron, why don't you just admit that you like me. Whatever my height is. Period.