Chapter 16

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"You look so happy," Hebe commented smiling.

"I am," GuiGui stretched her arms and legs. She managed to finish four pending novels that she forgot to arranged when she's having trouble with Aaron. "Am I too obvious?"

"Not really."

"How was your official date yesterday?" Rainie asked. "You enjoyed it so much, huh?"

"Super."

Ella got a few knots on her forehead. "You're not giving us details!"

"Look at my face and you'll find all the answers."

"So mushy! You just have a boyfriend and you became mushy."

"That's what love is all about," Rainie said. "We're happy for you and Sir Aaron, GuiGui."

"I'm much happier," GuiGui grinned. "I found a handsome and kind man hiding inside a dragon's body. What more can you ask for?"

"No comment. So, did he offered you marriage?"

"Jeez, Ella. We're dating for three days! We haven't talk about it. We haven't done yet!"

"Idiot!"

GuiGui laughed. "You guys are soo conservative."

She was still laughing with them when she noticed Rainie and Ella's gleaming engagement rings. "Oh, my God! You two are engaged?"

"Two days ago," Rainie replied. "You didn't noticed 'cause you're busy with your own love life."

"So we didn't disturbed you," Ella added. "Now you know, congratulate us!"

"Congrats!" she hugged both of them. "How 'bout you, Hebe? When?"

"Not yet. Anyway, it's so early---" Hebe didn't managed to finish her statement when suddenly the door opened. Bunch of delivery boys carrying dozens of red roses.

The last to arrive was Calvin. Everyone knows what will happen next.

They were right.

Calvin knelt down before Hebe, and held her hand. "Hebe, I know this may sound so cliche, through all the love stories that you read. But I wanted to try even if it's not original."

"I'm going to cry," Hebe said.

"Not now. I'm not yet done with my speech," he was finding something inside the flower arrangements. "Where did you place the ring?"

"It's not there, Sir?"

"I'll not ask if it's here."

While they're panicking over the missing ring, someone stood beside GuiGui.

"What the---"

"Hi."

"Aaron." GuiGui tapped his chest. "Don't scare me like that!"

"I'm not scaring you. What happen to your office? Looks like a flower shop..."

"Your brother proposed. But, the ring was misplaced. We're trying to find it."

"Ring? This one?"

"Why is it with you, bro?" Calvin asked.

"I found in the hallway. You're proposing in my building without asking permission?"

Calvin ignored him. He took the ring from his hand and continued the proposal.

It was the sweetest proposal she had ever witnessed, though there's a slight comedy over the missing ring. And as they once again watched true love unfold in front of them, GuiGui stepped behind Aaron's back and hugged him.

"You're behind my back again."

"Shhh."

"What's so special about that back? I'm so curious, you know?"

"I like your back. It's so comfortable."

"You're so weird."

Everyone look at them when they heard Aaron laugh as she tapped his chest once again. They never heard him laugh or saw him smile. Only today. GuiGui was happy because she's the reason behind those laughter and smile.

"How 'bout you Sir? When are you joining the new bandwagon here at editorial department?"

"Later. When all of you forgot about Calvin's proposal." Aaron touched her hand. "I want it to be memorable and unique."

Ella teased them while Calvin and Hebe set off to their own world. They don't care if there's lot of people around looking at them, kissing and hugging passionately.

"Get a room."

GuiGui slapped Aaron's arms to shut him up. He turned to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders.

Her day will come. She will have the sweetest, most memorable marriage proposal. Or even more. She can't wait.