Chapter 11

Her Own Prince Charming

 

GuiGui was busy on her table when suddenly the whole editorial department kept quiet. When she looked around to know the reason, GuiGui saw Aaron standing outside the door. A smile broke on her lips.

You're checking on me huh? That's really something, GuiGui thought.

Aaron was talking to Rainie, but his eyes kept on drifting in her direction. And every time, she would wave to him. He just stayed for a while. He didn't bother to talk to her so he left. But she was contented. Her day was complete.

Rainie looked at her with teasing eyes. "Uyyyy!!!"

"What?" GuiGui returned her attention on what she's doing. "What is it this time?"

"Trying to act innocent again?" Ella said. "You feel happy when Sir came here, huh?"

"Why? He comes here everytime!"

"Everytime? Only today, GuiGui! We really wanted to believe that you and him are a couple!"

She gave them a very big smile. GuiGui left what she was doing.

"We're not yet official," she said.

"Why? Looks like Sir have a thing on you."

"Crazy! Did you forget what he said that he doesn't like me? That if he kiss me, his spinal cord will be broken?"

"Pai tuo! And you believe that? Anybody's opinion change in due time. If I know, you're the reason why Sir Aaron came here. Did you see how the way he looked at you when he's talking to Rainie?"

"You noticed that too?"

"Of course! Never did Sir Aaron step his foot on this department. Today only."

She felt so light. She never felt so happy like this before, even with Wang Zi. This is not a simple feeling. GuiGui felt there's something more deeper about the happiness she's having right now.

"Sir Aaron didn't say anything to you until now?" Hebe asked.

"Nothing."

"You mean, after all those meetings outside of this building?"

"Your boss is such a picky guy. Much pickier than a girl. Hard to please. It shows that he like me, but he doesn't want to admit."

"Make him confess."

"How?"

"Good timing!" Rainie said then from the door, their favorite writer poked her head. "Here's Sophia Fan. Let's ask her."

"What is it?" Sophia asked almost crying. " I didn't kill anybody! Promise!"

Hebe wrapped her arms around Sophia's shoulder. "Don't worry, Sophia. You're innocent. Anyway, help GuiGui on her problem."

"I don't have money."

Poor girl. "I don't need money. I'm rich. What I need is your strategy on how to make a picky guy admit that he likes a girl."

"But you asked me to come here to talk about the revisions on my novels that I submitted, right? Why---"

"Just answer if you don't want us to totally reject your novels," those treatment is not allowed on the writers. They're only joking with her.

"Eh..." Sophia scratched her head. "I had one. But... it's a reject. Do you still want to try, GuiGui jie?"

"Whatever. As long as I can use."

###########################################################

GuiGui was waiting for transportation later afternoon, according to her plan. She didn't go with her colleagues, according to her plan again. Sophia suggested to get the right time where Aaron would show his concern on her. It was a rejected plan according to another writer who used to the guy she liked. He got scared and ran away. But writers are really smart, or clever should I say because Sophia made a Plan B already. In fact, as of this moment, she's making the Plan C to Z so GuiGui will have lots of reservation.

So far, Plan A first. And everything was going as planned. Aaron's car stopped right on her face.

"It's hard to take transportation here so why are you still waiting?"

"No choice, Sir. Rainie and the gang left me already."

"They always left you."

"Only for today, Sir. I just finished last-minute work in the office."

Are you going to invite me or we'll chat here until morning? I don't care though, as long as you're with me. Jeez! So mushy! GuiGui thought.

Aaron opened the door from the passenger's seat. "Hop in. I'll take you home."

"Xie xie, Sir." GuiGui quickly went inside. If she was not mistaken, this is a positive response. "You did overtime today too, Sir?"

"Do I have to remind you every time not to call me 'sir' when we're not inside Golden Pages? I'm really fed up, you know."

"Sorry. For five years, I'm used to calling you that way, Sir--- Aaron I mean. It's so hard to adjust."

"It's easy if you always remember."

"Sir--- I mean, Aaron. Since the situation changes when we're not in Golden Pages premises, it means I can say what I wanted to say to you?"

"Depends on my mood."

"What's your mood today?"

"You can't say whatever you wanted to say just like that."

"So when are you gonna allow me?"

"Tomorrow."

GuiGui laughed. "You're easy to talk to you know that? I thought before, you just yell and command. You're easy to deal with. Just needed some democracy."

"I don't understand what you're talking about."

"Me too. Let's not talk about it. By the way..." GuiGui pulled the neck tie from her bag. "I'm sorry if I just brought it today. I always forgot in the house." Aaron reached for it while his eyes are still on the road. "I washed and ironed it."

Aaron smelled it. "I never received an ironed necktie in my life."

"I'm accepting a simple thank you."

Aaron looked at her. "Thank you."

She smiled at him. Who says he's a complicated man? Oh yes, she's the one who said that.

"Can I ask you questions, Aaron?"

"About what?"

"Few personal things."

"I'm not answering personal questions."

"Five only."

"No."

"Four?"

"No."

"Two?"

"No."

GuiGui kept quiet on the side. What she will have to do to find out his true feelings?

"Fine," Aaron suddenly said. "You can ask two questions. No more, no less."

GuiGui straightened up. It's a miracle! "Why you don't have girlfriend until now?"

"You answered that for me already, didn't you?"

"Ows?"

"You said, no woman can stand my attitude. You even included my shadow, remember?"

"What about me? I can stand your attitude."

"I don't know why either."

Okay, this is it. "Well, I admit that I'm one of the people who's planning your assassination because of my hate on you. You're so full of yourself. And you tease me all the time."

"And what made you change your mind about me?"

"I've known you personally. I found out that you were not that bad. Maybe you're not as gentleman as the others. But it's because you trust the woman's capability and you respect what a woman can do."

"I believe in gender equality."

"Yes. If the woman really can't do it, you're willing to help. Which is very nice," That's how GuiGui see his personality. "You're not selfish. Because if you're selfish, you'll not move from where you are standing to help somebody. You're not snob. You just don't talk to the person you don't know."

"Looks like you think about it so deeply, huh."

"I'm just taking back what I said. I misjudged you."

"Everyone perceives me as such. I'm used to it."

"Which is unfair to you."

"I don't care."

"I do." GuiGui bite her lower lip. Somethings wrong in this situation. He should confess not her! "I mean, I believe that people shouldn't misjudge you base on what they are seeing from you."

Answer! Speak! Don't hang me in the air! GuiGui looked away to the window. It's your fault GuiGui, you're so talkative.

"Just as long as some believe I'm not their worst nightmare, I don't really care."

Huh? Did she hear it right? Just as long as some people believed in him, he would be fine with it? Is he talking about her? That it's enough for him that she believed he's nice? Now, she can't turned her head to face him. GuiGui was afraid that he will notice and see her true feelings.

"So, about your other question..."

GuiGui looked in the mirror before she face Aaron.

Hmm! He's so handsome!

"What's your type?"

"Type of what?"

"Woman."

Aaron tapped the steering wheel while waiting for the "go" signal. "Simple."

"I heard that already. Can you elaborate please?"

"For what are all of these questions?"

"I'm the first to asked, so answer me first."

The "go" signal is on. "Simple. I like her company."

GuiGui's heart skip a beat. Is she the girl he's talking about? Well, who else could it be? She's the only person he's with for the past couple of days. And he said also that she's the only one who can stand his attitude. It means, she's right.

"Physically, what are you looking for in a woman?"

"I approved two personal questions only. Now, I'm the one who's going to ask."

"Can you answer me first before you can ask so it would be fair?"

"No."

GuiGui laughed. "So now, about my question, for what are these questions about, GuiGui?"

"Ahm... Nothing. So we'll have a conversation while we're heading for the traffic."

Aaron didn't answer. Silence filled the car for a few minutes. What? Does she really have to answer that? That's not included in her plan.

"Okay, fine," she blurted out. "Because I wanted to know if I'm your type."

Longer silence filled the air. She can't help it. GuiGui opened the radio. The song that playing is the same song when she was on the verge of hysteria when she got brokenhearted with Wang Zi.

"I've already said you aren't my type, haven't I?"