Chapter 8

Her Own Prince Charming

 

Aaron folded the sleeve of his shirt and went to the kitchen. She's having an illusion. He already cleared to her before that he's not interested on her.

GuiGui remembered Wang Zi once again. She sighed. Her feelings are not that bad unlike before. She cried it already. Unluckily, it was Aaron that saw her crying. She remembered his gesture in the restaurant. How he managed to wipe and dried her tears. Now that she thought about it, Aaron looked like a person who doesn't want to see a girl crying.

Hmmp! He doesn't want to see me cry because he felt ashamed. Yeah, that's the only reason. It's impossible that he is concerned on her.

GuiGui followed Aaron to the kitchen and found him looking inside the refrigerator. He can't help but notice his again. Without the coat, it was emphasized even more. His back was inviting her.

How does it feel to lay on his back? GuiGui didn't know that a man's back can be an asset.

"You don't have anything in your fridge," Aaron said without looking. He felt her presence on the kitchen. "What are you eating here?"

GuiGui moved her eyes away so he wouldn't notice she was fantasizing his back.

"This is my house so you don't have the right to protest. IF you don't like the food there, you eat in your house."

"I'm not protesting. I'm just finding the proper food so I won't get gastroenteritis."

I haven't gone to the grocery so you'll not find anything."

Aaron didn't say anything but GuiGui knows he was staring at her. In a few minutes, he looked back at the refrigerator. She put back her attention on his back again.

Such a really nice back. Not too wide, not too narrow. Just right. Maybe, you're a gym enthusiast huh? Well, it did great on your body, GuiGui thought.

Aaron found something to cook and in a few minutes, he was already busy.

"What are you cooking?"

"Power omelet."

"I wouldn't ask what's in it." GuiGui sat behind the kitchen table so she have a nice view of his back. "You should pay those eggs, huh. It's expensive. There's no free in this world."

"You got a free meal in the restaurant earlier, right? It's much expensive than these eggs."

"why? Did I told you to pay for it?"

Aaron faced her. She was caught staring. "You know, GuiGui, why don't you just thank me instead of blaming each other? I'm accepting a simple thank you."

"Hao la, hao la. Xie xie ni."

Aaron nodded, contented on her answer. There still men like him that's very unpredictable.

"You know how to cook," GuiGui said. "I thought all you know is to count money and scare your employees."

"I've got lots of talents." Aaron wear the apron and continued cooking. "But I'm expert in counting money and scaring employees."

"Are you really like that, Sir?"

"Aaron," he corrected.

"Are you really like that, Aaron?"

"What like that?"

"Boastful, snob, hardheaded."

"Yes." he answered. "Why?"

"Nothing. I'm just thinking, aren't you feel guilty belittling people?"

"I'm not belittling people. I'm just placing them where they belong."

"That's not what the people think."

"I don't care. I know what I'm doing and I know I was right when I confronted those people."

GuiGui shook her head. How many times she saw this attitude in front of people. And each time, he was right.

"That's Sir Calvin's attitude when I saw him substitute you on Golden Pages. Maybe that's how your parents raised you."

"Maybe."

"Are you always this stiff?"

"You're invading my private life, GuiGui."

"You're invading my private kitchen, so you might as well give me something in return for those eggs and cooking oil."

Aaron stopped and faced her. She could see the trace of a smile on his y lips and eyes. And he looked even cuter with that apron on.

"You know how to hold your ground," he said. It sounded more of a compliment than a comment. "You're the first person who's not afraid of answering back at me, except of course my brother." he continued.

"So, are you gonna answer my question?"

"No. I keep my private life private."

"Maybe that's why you don't have a girlfriend either because of your attitude. No one can stand you. Even your shadow, if it can be separated, it will run away from you, you're so unpredictable."

"I can't do anything about it. I was born like this, take it or leave it. Either way, I don't really care."

"Okay, fine. Live by yourself. You look like you're happy that way." GuiGui stood up. "After you finished eating, wash the dishes. I'm going to sleep. Close the door when you get out and don't bother to say goodbye."

"Goodnight then."

"Yeah." She was on her way out when she looked back at him. He's still busy cooking. He was all by himself. And she pity him.

It must be lonely without someone to talk to. But there was never a trace of loneliness in Aaron's personality. He was that tough. But there's something on her mind telling that he was not happy. And she wanted to invade it.

GuiGui stared at his back once again. It's inviting her to come closer. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around him, and touched her cheek to his back.

Oohh, wow! This feels incredible. Haayysss....

"What are you doing, GuiGui?"

She felt he wanted to turn around but she didn't allowed him. Incredible. GuiGui once again touched her cheek on his back.

Haayyysss...

But the second time, Aaron slowly got away from her. Then she realized what she did. Now, GuiGui don't know how to explain what she has done.

"Ahmmm... the eggs and cooking oil are free." She said and turned around. But Aaron quickly grabbed her hand.

Now there was another great feeling, his hand on hers. GuiGui was thinking, no one can hold her hand except him.

Wow! Her hand was exclusively his?

"Can you accompany me while I'm eating?"

"Huh?"

"I cooked a lot. For two people. I don't want it wasted. There's a lot of people in the world dying of hunger."

"Alright."

For the life of her, she never thought she would ever see the day the great Aaron Yan would step down his throne and serve food to an ordinary girl like her.

There's a great feeling in her heart. Also the irregular beat of it that she felt after she hugged him.

Did something happen to her?

"I don't want you to tell this to anyone, GuiGui." he put down the plate on her front. "I have a reputation to protect."

She held up her hand. "I shall resist."

But could she resist that nudging feeling inside her heart towards this complicated man?