Chapter 12

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"Can I submit these adjustments too, Mr. Bert?" GuiGui asked to the head of Printing Department. "The writer said yesterday afternoon that she made some changes."

"Oh, no! I started the printing already. I can't pull it out. If I tried, the first prints will be wasted."

GuiGui scratched her head. "These writers are giving me loads of problem everytime."

"Scold them next time."

"I wish I can, Mr. Bert." GuiGui waved goodbye. "Okay, thanks."

"Don't frown too much, GuiGui. It lessens your beauty."

"If the writers are like this all the time, it's normal that my beauty deteriorates."

"What's the problem?"

GuiGui stopped walking when Aaron appeared in her face. She could tell her heart was beating fast as it recognized the man it had learned to care for. Anyway, she can't help but get pissed too because of his declaration last night.

You're used to being rejected, GuiGui. She thought.

It's not that painful as her feelings for Wang Zi, the feelings for Aaron right now. She didn't want her rejection dominates her whole system.

"There's just a bit of problem in one of the novels, Sir." GuiGui said formally. "It's part of the series so we're a little bit lost. But I can't submit it right now. We'll just make a note on their next novel."

Serious expression was written on Aaron's handsome face while staring at her.

I love you already, you moron! GuiGui thought. If you want peace in your life, don't stare at me like that. Don't give me hopes.

"Who's fault is it?" Aaron asked.

"The writer."

"What's her name?"

"Sophia Fan."

"Call her. I'll talk to her."

"Sir, there's no need. I talked to her and she apologized already. Sometimes, these kind of things really happens."

"I still want to talk to her."

And that was final. But why is he standing still? "Excuse me, Sir. Let me pass."

He moved away--- at last. "And I want to talk to you."

"For what?"

"Just go to my office after your work is done."

Aaron turned around and went to his office.

"Good thing your not afraid of Sir Aaron, GuiGui. The truth is, he's nice. He was forced to be stiff and tough because of hard-headed people here."

"I know, Mr. Bert." That's why I already fall for him.

GuiGui was so bored from her work when she went back to the Editorial Department. The tapping from her keyboard grew louder that makes an irritating noise. She gets more annoyed.

"GuiGui, do you want to take half-day? You seemed not feeling well." Ella asked.

"No, I'm okay. I'm just a little bit pissed."

"Why? Did you fight with Sir again?"

"No. But I was pissed because of him." All of them kept quiet. They're all clueless about her behavior. "He really don't like me."

"He said that?"

"Yes! In front of my beautiful face!" GuiGui kicked the trash bin under the table. "I've already said you're not my type. Damn! No introductions!!!"

"Well, we've known Sir as a straightforward person." Rainie added. "But... he really said that?"

GuiGui can't accept it either. And she's annoyed to herself. Why can't she accept it the way she accepted on Wang Zi?

"Well then, let's proceed to Plan C that Sophia gave," Hebe interrupted.

"Aiyoh, no need. I'm just wasting my time. If he don't like me, so be it. There still lots of men around."

"Is that how simply you fell in love, GuiGui?" Ella asked. "Like you're just changing a set of clothes?"

"Don't asked me like that. For me, I'm just accepting what's coming into my life. I told you before, I don't want to indulge myself into hurtful pasts."

"Eh... why is your face like that?" Rainie asked. "It means you're still affected on what happened between you and Sir Aaron."

"It's normal because I was rejected for the second time only last night. I'm a hypocrite if I told you that I'm not hurt at all." She leaned back against her seat and put her handkerchief over her eyes. "That guy was really annoying!!!"

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry. Hummmmm.

"GuiGui jie," Sophia called her. "Sir Aaron wanted to see me. Come with me."

"Am I your mother? "

"Eh... maybe he'll just shoot me without notice."

"Sir Aaron is not an assassin. The possible thing he can do to you is to throw his books and the aquarium with one fish."

"I'm afraid of him, GuiGui jie. Please? Come with me!"

GuiGui pressed the handkerchief hard. "I don't want to see Sir Aaron. So go to his office alone."

"But you're the only person he listens to. And this is your chance to try my great plan."

"What nonsense are you talking about?"

"Come on, GuiGui. Try it. There's nothing wrong with that."

"I want my dignity as a woman intact."

"Ows? Do you have that?"

GuiGui throw the handkerchief she used to Ella. Then, she decided to go with Sophia so she can spare the teasings of her colleagues.

"GuiGui jie, try to make him jealous. I saw a hottie downstairs with Miss Jean."

"Who? Danson Tang?"

"Is that his name? "He's hansome huh? Miss Jean have good taste."

"He's not her boyfriend. He's a client of Golden Pages."

"Awww, I thought they're couple. Miss Jean was like a child when he's around--- Ohh, it's Sir!"

GuiGui's heart started to thumped again when she saw Aaron standing next to the door of his office while talking to his mobile. She was awake the whole night thinking about what he said to her. She was still in love with him, and it seemed she would be for the coming years. That's the thing she didn't felt over Wang Zi. Her feelings for him wasn't enough to make her stay in love with him. GuiGui knew that she didn't really loved him.