Chapter 7

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"You sang so you had the reason to swear and scream?"

GuiGui didn't replied to Aaron's question. He was sitting opposite GuiGui. She continued to savor the food that she didn't even bother to look before. Whatever Aaron is doing in front of her, she didn't know. GuiGui don' care either.

"You look like you just had your heart broken."

She put down the steak knife and look at him. "You know, I already allowed you to sit there. So please, can you let me eat in peace?"

"This table is reserved for me. Why do you think we had this special place inside the restaurant?"

GuiGui looked around. Elegant--- that's her description. She noticed also some elite customers looking at them. Because maybe she's just wearing simple shirt and plain pants. Or maybe they're annoyed to her voice in high pitch. Or maybe the way she murdered the food. Without finesse, so they say.

Ahh! I don't care! This is a free country and I am a free citizen! GuiGui thought.

"If I didn't pity you, I already fired you," Aaron continued like the other, looking good and elegant. The handsome creep! "It's a shame to Golden Pages the way you're showing in this mall. No one is getting crazy in all of my employees."

So he just pity her? Well, at least, he pitied her. Unlike Wang Zi, who didn't bother to take her outside the restaurant where they met. Wang Zi didn't notice or even feel that even if he didn't say anything, she felt hurt.

GuiGui's eyes get watery so she put down her head more while she continued eating. But while she's munching the steak, her tears fell down. It fell on her plate but she don't care. She noticed the tissue paper on her front. When she looked up, she saw it was Aaron who was holding it to her.

"It's not proper to cry while eating. Your food will be tasteless."

Instead taking the tissue Aaron's offering, she just wipe the tears with her hand. The fork touched her face because she didn't put it down. Then GuiGui continued eating again. Still, she won't stop crying. Damn! GuiGui was really hurt!

She heard Aaron sighed. Then he stood up and pulled his chair next to her. The next thing she knew, he had tilted her chin towards him and was gently dabbing the tissue on the side of .

GuiGui didn't expect Aaron's action so she was just staring at him. She forgot everything what she's crying about.

Could it be because his eyes were looking at her with so much mystery? Or was it his handsome face that she never thought could ever look more gorgeous than this?

After, he touched his fingers on the trails of tears on her cheeks. GuiGui felt all the bad images of Aaron inside her head went gone instantly.

He got a soft side too, GuiGui thought.

"I don't know why you're making a fool out of yourself in front of these people." Aaron once touched her cheeks again. "But I don't want you to make a fool out of yourself in front of me. It's bad on my business." Aaron moved away.

GuiGui blinked her eyes for how many times. Maybe it's just a dream when she saw his sweeter side. How many times he , she didn't replied back.

She don't know why.

"Are you done?" Aaron asked. "Then, let's go. I hate the people around here. So nozy."

Yeah, GuiGui noticed also that all the people are looking at them like they're watching a movie.

"Are they waiting for me to go hysteric after I cried?" GuiGui looked at Aaron. "Can I shout and scream?"

"Yes. But I will not allow it."

"Oh yeah, you felt ashamed when you're with me."

"Only because you're wasting your tears on some jerk."

"Jerk? Wang Zi is not a jerk. And how do you know it was him I was crying about?"

Aaron shrugged his shoulder and left a few hundred dollars on the table and stood up. "Let's go."

###########################################################

GuiGui's knot on the forehead went doubled as she stared at Aaron looking around inside her apartment. In his immaculate three-piece business suit, he looks like he doesn't fit there. Her house looks like a trash.

After they left the restaurant, he volunteered to take her home. GuiGui refused but Aaron insisted. She just think that she will save the money for transportation so she went with him. Anyway, his presence kept her mind off her miserable state.While they're inside the car, she felt uneasy. In an instant, GuiGui felt weird to the quietness between them.

"Go home, Sir. It's late. Maybe your mom is looking for you."

Aaron turned around and looked at her. She wanted to sighed when she noticed his handsome face again.

"You're excused to call me 'Aaron' since we're not at work," he pointed at the diploma hanging on the wall. "YOu're graduate of Marketing. How did you make as an editor?"

"I wanted to try different things so I will gain a lot of experience. You're not going home?"

"I live alone so don't get scared if my parents will ask me to you." Aaron walked inside and touched everything. "Your apartment is nice eventhough it's small."

"Hey! Even if it's small, at least, a person is living here."

"I think I heard that in a children song. Do you want to eat?"

"I just finished eating, right?"

"Me, hungry. Where can I cook here?" Aaron peeked at the end of the hall. "Is this your kitchen?"

"If you're thinking that I'll cook for you, hah! In your dreams. I'm not your servant."

"Oh, it's okay. I can manage on my own."

GuiGui was alarmed when he took off his coat and tie. "W-what are you doing? Why are you stripping? It's not allowed! I'm still innocent."

Aaron threw the coat on her. "You're not my type, so stop dreaming."