Chapter 6

Her Own Prince Charming

 

GuiGui was tapping her cheeks while looking at the mirror in the comfort room inside the mall. There was no work so she's free to roam around. GuiGui was making herself beautiful because she will met Wang Zi. Yes, today is the day she will make it official. And she's very excited about it.

At last, I'm going to have a boyfriend! GuiGui thought.

GuiGui poured the cologne all over her body and she smiled for the last time on her reflection in the mirror. Then, she walked right into her Prince Charming in waiting. GuiGui spotted Wang Zi right away outside the restaurant. She noticed something on his worried face. Wang Zi didn't saw her coming.

"Wang Zi?"

Wang Zi looked at her and smiled. But even his smile lacks sincerity. She felt weird.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. "Let's eat first before we talked about what you wanted to say."

"Wang Zi, wait." GuiGui sighed. "I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to hide in bushes. If I wanted to say something, I say it directly. The same if I wanted to know something."

"I noticed that," Wang Zi smiled. "All right, it's better if we talked about it right now. Let's go inside."

GuiGui was very sure something happened to him. He was not talking while they're eating. Wang Zi didn't even finished the food. Well, he was in luck. She knew just the right thing to cheer him up.

"Wang Zi, about the thing I'm going to say to you---"

"We should stop seeing each other."

"W-what?" GuiGui felt numbed. She thought she heard him say something but couldn't understand. "What did you say again?"

Wang Zi stopped eating and faced her. "I don't think it's wise for us to continue seeing each other, GuiGui. So... this is the last time we'll see each other."

W-wait, can you explain to me why you made the decision like that? Because... I really don't understand. We're okay, right? We're not fighting when we're seeing each other so why---"

"It's complicated, GuiGui."

"Okay." GuiGui stopped murdering the vegetable and beef on her plate. The emotion affected her sense of taste. "I'm used to complicated things, Wang Zi. I'm editing stories of the hard-headed writers. I need some explanation."

Wang Zi looked down. "Even if I wanted to, I can't, GuiGui. I don't want you to get hurt."

GuiGui wanted to shout, scream, say bad words, throw plate, and swoosh the steak knife on his face. But, she don't have the right to do that. She's not in the position to react like that because she's not his girlfriend. GuiGui stayed silent.

"GuiGui, don't get mad. I just can't tell you the reason."

"I understand. I'm not angry." Guigui put down the fork and steak knife. "Ahm, I'm not feeling well right now, Wang Zi. I'll go ahead."

"But you told me you will say something?"

GuiGui smiled sadly. "I just want to borrow some money. But, it's okay, maybe I can't pay you since we're not going to see each other, right?"

"Ohh, GuiGui." Wang Zi laughed. "It was really nice spending time with you. I'll never forget it."

"Yeah." GuiGui picked up her bag. "Bye."

GuiGui felt she went to another planet when she got out of the restaurant. Like she was alone, without feelings. She felt so numb she wondered if she was really human at all. All that registered on her mind was Wang Zi's words that kept repeating over and over.

He didn't want her. As if the world turned upside down. The only special guy in her life, doesn't want to see her. Ever.

GuiGui kept walking around the mall without specific destination. She felt so lost, so alone, even if she treated the mall as her second home. She doesn't like the feeling. She needed a distraction to kept her from thinking too much.

"This is men's comfort room, GuiGui."

She looked up. GuiGui saw Aaron's handsome face. He was blocking her way to the men's comfort room with his arm.

"Is this for men? I don't know..."

He held her arm when she started to turn back. "You look like you're not in yourself. Is there a problem?"

"Nothing." GuiGui pulled her arm and about to walk away when suddenly she remembered. "Can you slap me, Aaron."

He looked a bit surprised. Because it's the first time she called him without "Sir". For sure, he's not surprised on what she's asking.

"You want me to slap you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Just slap me, okay? If not, I'm going to slap---" GuiGui kept quiet when his palm touches her cheek. It doesn't hurt because he just lay his hand on her face. In fact, it was more like a soothing caress. GuiGui stared at Aaron then she touched her face.

"Does it hurt?" He asked. "It's not that hard."

He was the first person to ever talk to her and manage to break through her trance-like phase. So as a thank you, she didn't answer. GuiGui left Aaron behind and started to find something to distract her. She don't want to get angry to the world just because she was broken-hearted. There's more love ahead of her and she don't want to waste her time on someone who is not available.

"Go home and rest, GuiGui." Aaron said. He followed her. "Stop loittering around."

"I'm fine."

"No, you're not."

I said I'm fine! Why do you kept telling this like you know anything?"

"Because I really know everything. Go home."

"We're not in your teritory so don't order me around."

"My brother owns this mall. I am co-owner, so you're in my teritory."

"Hmmppp, whatever!" She don't care if the people are looking at them. GuiGui felt something she don't know that make her angry and mad. "I'll shout whenever I want, and I'll loiter wherever I want. This is a free country, and I'm a citizen of this country so I am free!"

"I don't---"

"And you don't have the right to correct my English!"

Aaron just held up his hand saying "I give up".

GuiGui turned and saw the videoke machine. She went and took the microphone from the guy's hand. The guy wanted to protest but Aaron stopped him. GuiGui dropped some coins and started to press whatever song popped out. Luckily, she know the song that came out and in just a few minutes, she was singing into her heart's content.