Chapter 9

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"Really? Sir Aaron cooked for you in your apartment?"

"Yes! If you don't believed me, you can ask him freely," GuiGui told her colleagues.

She promised Aaron not to tell anybody about the incident in her apartment last Saturday but she can't helped it. That incident was very rare so she told herself not to keep it. One more thing, she was happy to see the envious face of the people in their department when they heard about the story.

"And then? What happened next?"

"We ate."

"Ate what?"

"Omelet that he cooked."

"That's it?"

"That's all he can cooked since it's the only ingredients left on my fridge."

Rainie hit her on the shoulders. "Stupid! What we mean is, did something happened other than wholesome scenes with Sir Aaron?"

"Why did you hit me?" GuiGui hit back. "What is it that's on your mind? Can you tell me directly, please?"

"Acting innocent!" Ella said. "What we wanted to know is, if Sir Aaron kissed you."

"No. But I hugged him from behind the back."

All the girls screamed and shrieked. GuiGui followed them.

"Way to go, girl!"

"That's it. Don't be a hard-to-get girl."

Hebe put down the broadsheet on top of her table. "So, after you harrassed Sir Aaron, what happens next? We want details."

"Well, after we ate, I promised not to tell what happened that night. Then, finished."

"That's it?" Rainie protested. "No scenes?"

"Hmmp! s!" GuiGui faced her computer where she was editing a novel.

"Wait, why did you hugged Sir Aaron?" Hebe asked. "I thought you loved Wang Zi? You said you made it official last Saturday?"

GuiGui stopped typing. After a few seconds, she continued editing. She felt weird. She forgot the feelings and the hurt Wang Zi gave her. The only thing that registered in her mind was the incident between Aaron and her last Saturday, specially the feelings when she laid her cheeks on his back. She thought there was no safest place on earth but his back.

She smiled to herself.

"Ei! Earth calling to GuiGui," Hebe tapped her. "You have some explaining to do."

"Wang Zi? We didn't end up together."

"You're happy that you didn't end up together?"

"I don't want to indulge myself on unhappy things."

"And Sir Aaron is one of the happy things in your life now?"

GuiGui answered Hebe with a smile. They started to again.

"You like him!" Rainie squeaked. "You like Sir Aaron! You witch!"

"What's wrong? He's handsome. Fit to my beauty. One more thing, you like him for me, don't you?"

"Yeah," Ella answered. "But what if your feelings is the same as Wang Zi? When you get dumped, you'll find replacement quickly."

GuiGui started to asked herself. Is her feelings for Aaron the same as she felt for Wang zi? She can't find a proper answer because her mind was full of Aaron's handsome face.

"You know Ella, don't psychoanalyze me today. I'm enjoying the feelings that I have right now. Anyway, I deserve it. After the bad things happened between me and Wang Zi, let me have this happiness, okay?"

"Sure, sure," Hebe replied. "Go ahead and make your day."

"One more question," Ella said. "I thought you're allergic to Sir Aaron? Why a sudden change?"

"Maybe Sir Aaron gave a sample kiss! Yaayyyy!!!"

GuiGui's whole afternoon was indeed enjoyable and fun. Thanks to Aaron who popped out of her life when she was in her miserable state. If he didn't, the police might pulled her out of the mall due to her hysteric act.

And that little incident when she hugged him, and felt his strong back against her cheek, completed her full recovery.

###########################################################

"These are okay, Jean," GuiGui said to the secretary of Golden Pages when she put down the approved novels. The writers will contact her to know the state of their work. "These are for revisions and then these are returned manuscripts."

"Okay. By the way, Sir Aaron is looking for you."

Her heart skip a beat when she heard what Jean said. "Why?"

"I don't know. He just asked if you're here. He's looking for you since morning. I said I'll call you in the editorial department but he refused."

"Where is he?"

"In his office. You can go there now. Good luck."

Aaron's reputation in that company is not good. Will someone believe her if she told that he's not the way they seems to be?

GuiGui went to his office. The door was slightly open so she didn't bother to knock. When she entered the room, GuiGui saw Aaron sitting on a swivel chair and busy staring at the ceiling.

It's a miracle! He didn't bother to look at the pile of paper works on his table.

"Sir, are you looking for me?"

He turned to her without moving from his seat. "Who says?"

"Jean. Why are you looking for me?"

Aaron picked up the pen and started working on the papers. "Nothing. Just to make sure you came to work."

"Why?"

"Go back to your department, GuiGui."

"You really don't need anything from me?"

"I'll let you know if I need something."

"Okay." GuiGui turned around.

"Wait," Aaron called her. "I forgot my necktie last Saturday. I need it back."

"Yes, Sir. I saw it in the living room. I forgot to bring today. I'll bring it tomorrow."

"Okay."

"Bye, Sir."

GuiGui smiled very wide as soon as she closed the door.

"See you again tomorrow, Sir," she said going back to the Editorial Department.

You looked like an idiot, GuiGui. You're talking to the door at the same time debating with yourself. Is that the effect of being broken hearted then found a new love interest?

Love interest? She was crazy. She couldn't be in love with him--- not when she had just fallen in love with Wang Zi only a few weeks back. She just recovered two days ago with regards to the incident with Wang Zi.

She just shrugged her shoulders. She's thinking too much. Why can't she just enjoy the feelings she have for Aaron now?