Chapter 14

Her Own Prince Charming

 

It wasn't like the way she was feeling for Aaron. Because of this man, her heart was full of love for him. GuiGui can't deny the feelings eventhough he said that she's not his type.

Aaron was finished talking to his mobile and about to go inside his office when he noticed them. Damn it! Instead of anger, she missed him even more. But she held her ground. GuiGui will never accept defeat. Never.

"Good afternoon, Sir," Sophia greeted him. "You wanted to talk to me?"

"Yes, we'll talk inside."

"GuiGui Jie you're not coming?"

"I'm not the one he asked."

"You can stay if you want," Aaron said.

"No need, Sir," GuiGui refused. "I have something to do in the admin office. Take care of Sophia. Don't bash her too much. Maybe she'll get a fever later."

GuiGui went straight to the admin office. Danson greeted her. His company is the major supplier of paper products for Golden Pages.

"How are you, GuiGui? You look sick."

"I'm just hungry."

"Good thing I greeted you first."

GuiGui smiled. Even smiling is very hard for her. She can't stay like this forever! It's so difficult to have a problem in the heart. Damn! Why did she became an editor of the most romantic novels in the country? Now, she's dreaming of Prince Charmings and happy endings.

Hello?! It's not true according to the crazy writers.

"I have chocolates here, GuiGui. You want?" Danson offered. "It will help you boost your energy."

"It's okay. I'm fine."

GuiGui stared at him when he returned his attention to Jean for the new purchase order of papers. Danson is handsome but why he doesn't have appeal on her? Everytime she look at handsome men, there's one face that always come into her mind.

"Aaahhh!" GuiGui screamed quietly but enough to hear by Danson and Jean. "Dui bu qi, don't mind me."

"Mr. Tang, can I take GuiGui first?"

"Sure, no problem. GuiGui, come here." She came forward. He put his arms around her shoulders. "Cheer up! Jean will take you first."

"Yeah, yeah. But you don't have to put your arms on my shoulder, you know."

Danson laughed and massaged her shoulders then he left. But before she can say what she wanted to say to Jean, she heard Danson called Aaron.

"Ei, Aaron, what's up? Are you hungry like GuiGui? You have the same facial expression."

"I'm full."

"Okay, as you said. Ah... you need to talk to GuiGui?"

What do you want from me again? GuiGui thought.

"Next time, Danson, I don't like you wrapping your arms around my employees."

"It's just GuiGui---"

"Especially her," Aaron demanded.

GuiGui turned her back away from Aaron so she didn't see his expression when he said that.

"Okay. Is Jean included too?"

"GuiGui," Aaron called her. "Come to my office now."

"I still have work to do, Sir."

GuiGui didn't have a chance to answer because he left the admin office already.

"Go after him, GuiGui," Jean interrupted. "He was pissed since morning. He will fire you if he gets totally crazy."

"He can't fire me." She took out her resignation letter from her uniform. "Because before he can do it, I'll resign."

"No, GuiGui, don't" Danson said. "He's just jealous that's why he's hot-headed today."

"Jealous? To whom? You?"

"Yup."

"He don't have the right to get jealous."

"People in love have all the rights, GuiGui. Remember that."

GuiGui went to Aaron's office. She saw him standing behind the mahogany table deeply thinking. GuiGui noticed his back. Can she feel the comfort of his back once again? She hoped so. Having herself that close to him was one of the best things she had ever done in her life.

"What do you want to talk about, Sir?"

At last they face each other... again. God! She really missed this man!

Shut up, heart!

"I don't want to see what I witnessed in the admin office."

"Which is...?"

"I don't like Danson wrapping his arms around your shoulders."

She felt the intensity on his voice and his eyes. Danson is right. He's jealous.

"Why?"

"You know why, GuiGui. My company policy."

"Okay." Then she remembered Sophia's suggestion. "But outside Golden Pages, it's fine? Because Danson asked me out on a date."

He didn't move a single muscle. GuiGui made a decision. She don't care if who will crack up first. She don't care who will confess first.

"Why aren't you answering, Aaron? Because you don't want to admit that you're against me and Danson going out?"

"Danson is a playboy. If I'm against it, it's because I don't want you to get hurt."

Funny. Wang Zi said the same thing. "Why don't you want me to get hurt?"

"Because I saw you cried. And it wasn't a very pleasant sight."

"Why don't you just leave me alone then?"

"Because you're my responsibility."

GuiGui wanted to laugh. "Responsibility? Why? Are you my Dad? I'm your daughter?" He didn't answer. And now it was time to push her luck. And his limit. "Tell me the truth, Aaron, do you like me? Because I'm really confused. Everywhere I go, you're there. Everywhere I look, you're there. You're angry when another guy wanted to get close to me. Now, speak. Tell me the truth because I'm really having a headache right now."

"You know the answer to that."

"What? The 'I'm not your type' thing? That's bull! Tell that to your grandma!"

"My grandma past away already."

"Ah, shut up! We both know I'm your type of woman. I'm the only woman you want. But if you'll not tell me right now, well... I'll find another man. Much better than you."

"All right. I'll confess." In a few steps, he had closed the distance between them, though he was not still touching her. "But this will be the first and the last time."

He was literally towering above her. And her heart was thumping like crazy inside her chest. Was he going to confess?

"You're one crazy woman," he breathed on her ears. And it made her shiver to the bone, specially when he gathered her in his arms. "You're the only person that gave me the ultimatum. Not even my brother was able to crack me up the way you did to me."

Slowly, his face was going down, his lips aiming hers.

"I-I thought, you... you're going to c-confess something?"

"I have." Hi lips were only a breath away. "This."

Their lips finally touched. And it was more than any verbal confession she could ever want from him.

He loved her! This impossible man loved her!