Chapter 18

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"What is this, GuiGui?"

"My resignation letter," she said sharply. "I'm resigning effective today."

Aaron stared at her for a while. "I'm entitled to know your reason for resigning."

"You know it, Aaron. We don't have to fool around." She arranged her bag. "I'm taking my things at the editorial department."

"I can't accept this."

"It's up to you. That's your problem. I'm still resigning."

"I can sue you of breaching the contract."

"Sue me! I don't want to work in this company anymore, and I don't want to work with a liar like you!"

Aaron paused for sa while. She thought he knew about what she was talking about.

"You talked to Wang Zi already."

"Yes. Unlike you, he had a conscience."

Aaron stood up, gritting his teeth. "I told you not to compare me to that guy."

"You really shouldn't be compared to him. He is more decent than you. At least he told me everthing eventhough he thinks I will get angry to him. How about you? What did you do?"

"I was waiting for the right time."

"Right time? When? After ten years? Forty? A hundred?" GuiGui shook her head. "You were never going to tell me anything, weren't you, Aaron?"

Aaron stared at her. "No."

GuiGui slapped Aaron's face then left his office.

###########################################################

"GuiGui, are you totally sure about leaving?"

"Is that for good?"

"We'll be sad here. We don't have a clown to make us happy."

"Stare at yourself in the mirror and you'll laugh," GuiGui said as she sort her things out.

"Yours is different, GuiGui."

She took out the bonsai plant and gave it to Ella. The box was so heavy and she can't carry it. She gave whatever she took out from her box.

"You just gave these because your box is heavy, right?" Rainie said and put down the framed picture of snail. "GuiGui---"

"What happened between Aaron and me was a big problem. It can't be fixed. I don't want the company to suffer because of this so, I'll just leave." She tested the weight of the box. "For now, that's all I can say. If I can face the computer again, I'll send the full details."

"We'll take you outside, GuiGui."

"No need, Rainie. Maybe he'll get angry and fired all of you."

"Why did you slap him? You should punch him."

"Next time, Ella." She went to the door. She stood there and looked back for the last time. "Take care guys. And Rainie, take care of Fatso, okay? That snail has a sentimental value on me."

"This snail has a name?"

Her laughter and tears showed in her face. She hurriedly went out of the office. The place that gave her the happiness and loneliness at the same time.

"GuiGui, you evacuated?" Jiro asked as she met him and his friend outside the hallway.

"I resigned."

"Rock on--- huh? Why?"

"Long story. Go asked Rainie about it."

"You must be the reason why Aaron and Calvin are arguing, huh?" Chun exclaimed. "We heard them when we passed by his office."

"Actually, we listened to their conversation. Then we heard them mentioning your name several times."

"I don't care." She said. "Maybe they just have a misunderstanding."

"That's right."

"Yeah, and that's you."

"Hmmp. Okay, see you guys."

"Do you want us to take you outside?" Jiro asked and took the box away from her and gave it to Chun.

They took GuiGui down the hallway and passed by Aaron's office. Then, Calvin went out angrily.

"Damn it, Aaron! Be true to yourself. Tell what's really on your heart."

"Shut up!"

GuiGui was scared on the tone of Aaron's voice. That was the first time she heard him so angry. She wanted to continue walking when Chun stopped her. Then he shouted behind the door."Don't hide there, dude! Face your problem and solve it!"

"That's right!" Jiro added.

"You can't hide yourself from the world, Aaron."

"That's right!" Jiro added again.

"All of you shut up! You don't know the problem so stop messing around!"

"Aaron, we don't want to mess around your problem but... we're into this already."

"That's right!"

"Your problem is here outside, Aaron." GuiGui looked at Calvin and he gestured her not to speak. "She said you're coward."

"That's right!"

"I didn't say that!" GuiGui covered Jiro's mouth to stop him from saying 'that's right'. "I'm going to punch you if you say that one more time."

They heard Aaron's heavy footsteps coming to the door. Even from his walk, they knew he was angry. Calvin stayed by her side while Jiro and Chun went to her back, aiming her in the front door.

"Rock on!"

###########################################################

Guys, I know you will hate me but this story is coming to an end.

All of my upcoming novels are written as short story. So I guess, 20 chapters per story?

I can't deal with another Candy-Coated Love because I have a lot of things to do. Work-related.

But don't worry, I will continue to write GuiLun and FRH stories so be sure to check them out frequently okay?

Visit AFF (Afhilangie's Fahrenheit Fanfics)

[http://feilunhaifanfics.co.nr]

For more FRH, GuiLun stories.

Don't forget to comment!

xxxooo, afhilangie =D