Chapter 3

Her Own Prince Charming

 

"I'll take you to your work, GuiGui."

"It's okay with you, Wang Zi?"

"Of course! As you said." GuiGui giggled as she heard his reply. They walked together going inside the Golden Pages building.

GuiGui was surprised that morning when she saw Wang Zi waiting at the corner of their place where she was waiting for transportation everyday. He said, he was waiting so he can personally take GuiGui to work. Because he missed her, Wang Zi said. When in fact, they're just together last night.

GuiGui's grin get's even wider as they enter the gate of Golden Pages. She made her assessment already. GuiGui decided to make it official on Saturday instead of next week. Wang Zi was perfect for her. He's handsome, she's beautiful. They're perfect for each other. The feelings that she have for Aaron, cause only of the impact of bumping her head in his car's door. GuiGui doesn't need a good doctor to know it.

Wang Zi was the one for her. GuiGui was very ready to show off to her colleagues in the editorial department.

"Golden Pages building is very big, huh?" Wang Zi commented while checking around. "Much bigger than Vine Publishing."

"My boss is very picky. He doesn't like small spaces because he can't move around. I don't know, maybe he feels like he's dinosaur." GuiGui answered.

"What's that?"

"That's the printing department. It occupies two floors. That department has the biggest space here in Golden Pages."

"Why is it inside the building? Isn't it dangerous?"

"No. All the machines are high-tech, easy to use and user-friendly so there's no problem with that."

"I see. You've got a lot of printings going on there, right?"

"Yeah. We're printing pocketbooks, textbooks, reviewers, magazines, yello pages and Sir Aaron was thinking of a new strategy when he went to Germany last week."

"What strategy?"

GuiGui shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Sir Aaron is the only one who knows it. He's always like that. He will think of the idea and we're the one who's suffering with that impossible idea."

"Your ideas are very good. That's why Golden Pages is the number one publication in the country."

"Well, in fairness to Sir Aaron, he's smart. No! He's clever. He wants to be the first in everything. Full of ego. That's the reason behind all of his successful business ventures."

"What's the latest strategy that he's doing right now?"

"Ohh, that? He have---"

"Golden Pages is not a theme park."

GuiGui and Wang Zi both look back when they heard the voice. Aaron was standing right behind them, his expression unreadable but the knot on his forehead was enough to tell them that he wasn't in his best mood that morning.

"Loittering is not allowed." Aaron walked past them. He just take a few steps and turned around. "Outsiders are not allowed too. How did you came in?" he asked Wang Zi.

"He just take a walk with me, Sir." GuiGui answered.

"Why?"

He's really a moron! Why? Because it was a sweet gesture but being the jerk like you are, you wouldn't know anything about sweetness, GuiGui thought.

"All visitors are until the gate of the building only." Aaron said. " You know the policy, GuiGui."

"But..."

"I didn't even remember that he's my client." he called the security. "Guard, take him outside."

"Sir!" GuiGui yelled.

"You know my rules, GuiGui. I don't tolerate anybody. If you don't want to get embarassed in front of other people, follow my rules."

GuiGui was about to take out her resignation paper when Wang Zi spoke.

"I'll come back later, GuiGui." he said.

Torn between killing Aaron and shame for Wang Zi, she choose to take Wang Zi outside so she can apologized. But her monster boss stopped her.

"It's time for work," Aaron said and glanced at his watch. "Actually, you're late." Then he turned around and went to check the books getting ready for deliveries in different bookstores.

GuiGui was very pissed and about to kick him when Wang Zi stopped her. "Leave him, GuiGui. He's right. I already disturbed your work."

"He's too much!" GuiGui try to find her resignation letter from her bag. "I'll just resign so that I can slap him. It's good, I haven't slap a rich person in my whole life."

"It's hard to find a job these days. Let it be. He's right anyway."

GuiGui calmed down. "You're soo kind, Wang Zi. You shouldn't interact with my boss. Maybe you'll be like him later."

Wang Zi smiled. "Go to your office now. See you later."

At that moment, she knew she could let him be a part of her life forever. "Okay, take care."

GuiGui waited until he's gone. Her smile isn't fading.

On Saturday, Wang Zi. On Saturday we'll be officially dating! Promise!

GuiGui went straight into her office when her eyes caught her boss busy inspecting the books. The quality control inspector was there unluckily having an early morning breakfast of shouts and sermons. GuiGui wished that the pile of books fell down on Aaron so she will be happy.

"You should be thankful that I'm nice like Wang Zi," GuiGui whispered. "If not, not only books I'll wished to fell down."

Something fell from Aaron and he bent down to picked it. GuiGui can't help but notice his . Until he stood up, her eyes are still there.

Hmmm, your is nice, Sir, huh? Height, body, face and . You took it all!

Aaron maybe felt someone's watching him so he turn around.

He's really got a strong sense!

And yet at that angle, she thought she had never seen a man so blessed with good looks. He was even more handsome than Calvin, his brother whom she's totally obsessed until she found out that it's her friend that he liked.

Aaron totally faced GuiGui and gestured to go to the editorial department. GuiGui exaggerately pouted and quickly went to their office.