Chapter 1

Her Own Prince Charming

 

GuiGui was walking very fast, almost tripping, going out of the Golden Pages building. All of her friends are busy doing their stuff with their boyfriends.

Her date didn't come yet so she let her attention wander around the parking lot. And she found someone to drool over.

Ohh, so hot! GuiGui thought. She was staring at the man standing beside a sleek BMW convertible car. He was talking on his cellphone, his other hand on his hip. Even turned back, she don't know what makes her stare at him like that. Her heart was weak with handsome men. Who will turned down a hot guy anyway? She's just a simple citizen who appreciates the creation of God.

Her smile faded as soon as she was almost near him. The guy suddenly turned when she was only a few feet away. She came face-to-face with one of the most handsome familiar faces she had ever encountered in her life.

"Ewww!" she whispered. "It's Sir Aaron only."

It was very odd. He was the most handsome in all of her apple of the eye. But not even once she flirted with him like she's doing with the other creations of God. Why is it?

He folded his phone and he gestured her to come closer, like she was his servant in his house.

Now, I know why he didn't caught my golden attention. Because he is a pain in the ! GuiGui thought.

If Aaron is the only person she didn't notice the handsomeness, he is the only one who can manifest that hell is real. GuiGui is definitely sure he came from there.

"Yes, sir?" GuiGui asked as soon as she was in front of him.

"You're not the one I asked to come here," Aaron pointed the person behind her. "It's Calvin." he was talking about his brother.

See? He will never show kindness, specially towards me, GuiGui thought.

"Ei, bro!" Calvin greeted. He was holding his girlfriend, Hebe, one of her colleague.

Slowly, GuiGui moved backward. But in the small detail that she do, Aaron noticed her but he just kept quiet. It was not that she was afraid of him. In fact, GuiGui was the only person in that building who is not afraid of him. She didn't want to go against him. Aaron already fired her when things got out of hand between Rainie, her friend and Jiro, his friend when they had the lovers' quarrel. But all of her efforts went to trash because they're engaged already. GuiGui was left marked on Aaron's mind as one of the hard-headed employee he had.

GuiGui held her pocket where the resignation letter is. In any case, she might needed it.

"How are you, Aaron?" Chun greeted him, boyfriend of her coeditor Ella. "I'm sorry, if we came here without notice."

"We just want to make sure that our sweethearts are safe," Jiro said and kissed Rainie's cheek.

GuiGui wanted to roll her eyes like Aaron did.

"Don't do that! Look at GuiGui. She's jealous," Rainie said. "Don't worry GuiGui. Your prince charming will come very soon. Who knows? Maybe he's just around the corner."

"Or, maybe he's in your front already," Hebe joked.

In front of me? Aaron is the only person in front of me. GuiGui turned to Hebe. "Are you mocking me?"

"Why?" Hebe teased. "There's nothing wrong with what I said."

"Do you want me to elaborate it?" GuiGui frowned. "You're teasing me with Sir Aaron!"

"Oh, what's wrong with that?" Calvin said. "My brother is single and available."

"Pai tuo! Don't ruin my day. If you wanted to tease people, there's Sir Aaron. He's very willing." GuiGui answered.

"I really hate it when people talk about me," Aaron interrupted. "Especially when they talk right in front of me."

"Why are you looking at me?" GuiGui said. "They're the one who started this topic. If it's just me, I would never dare to add you in discussion. I don't want to get jinxed."

"You sound defensive." Aaron replied.

"I'm just pissed, Sir. I'm waiting quietly here on the side and suddenly these people came and started to discussed about my lovelife." GuiGui said frustratedly.

"Stop displaying your affections with your girlfriends here. GuiGui is jealous." Aaron said matter-of-fact.

All of them laughed. GuiGui wanted to jumped and strangled Aaron's neck because of anger.

What is wrong with you, moron! GuiGui wanted to asked Aaron but she just kept quiet.

"In order for GuiGui to not feel jealous, Sir, maybe it's time for her to find a partner," Ella said.

"Yes, Sir." Rainie agreed.

"They're talking about you again, bro," Calvin said.

Aaron tilted his head to have a better look at her. And she had to admit he also had a great profile. Nice jaw line, nice nose, nice y lips, nice y eyes.

Darn! He really was a great looker. If only he can treat me nicely, maybe I'll get crazy about him, GuiGui thought.

"She's not my type," Aaron said. "Too short. If I kissed her, my spinal cord will be broken."

He really don't have manners with small people! "It's sign of aging, Sir. You should take care of yourself."

"I heard someone talking," Aaron said looking at the building behind her then walked towards his car.

GuiGui frowned as she looked at Aaron walking. "I hope lightning strikes you." Then turned at Calvin. "I'm sorry Sir Calvin. It's just that, I can't handle his attitude."

"It's okay. You're not the only one who's saying that," Calvin smiled.

"Hmmm, it's a miracle. You don't like Sir Aaron. He's hot!" Ella said.

"Ella, I want a handsome and kind guy. Sir Aaron is handsome and snob. He didn't passed my requirements." GuiGui answered.

"Are you sure?" Rainie asked. "You both look good together."

GuiGui's smile widen as soon as she saw a familiar car approaching them. The guy got out of the car. It's Wang Zi.