Ocean View

Red House

hello everyone! I'm sorry this chapter too so long to finish, I'm not 100% happy how this came out but I wanted to put a chapter out since... *drum roll* It's my/our 1 year anniversary yayayayayy! I can't believe I've been on here for a year so I would like to thank everyone for the love and support. (: I feel grateful towards every single one of you. Anyway, enough of this, onto the chapter!

 

Announcement: I have now figured out how this story will END! I am going to write TWO alternative endings! This chapter has some hints about what's going on, so keep that in mind. (; anyway enjoy! ^^

 

After that awfully awkward dinner that night, Seokjin immediately washed the dishes after everyone had put them in the sink. Seokjin had stared out the window that was infront of the sink, staring at the moon & stars and how the shone so brightly. He continued scrubbing each dish clean with soap, rinsing it off, and putting it on the rack to dry, like he always did after every dinner. Seokjin didn't really mind doing all these things. It certainly was different from his childhood, where he had maids and butlers to do everything for him and his parents. But after they had disappeared, Jin had learned how to do everything himself, & those cook books he studied from did help him eat and cook for himself. He never really liked greasy take out foods, except chicken. 

Seokjin was disturbed from his thoughts when a hand slammed down on the counter next to the sink, startling him. He turned to face whoever the hand belong to, only to be met with a raven haired boy.

"Jungkook..Hyung.." Jin said unconsciously, but then remember his bruised up face and immediately turned away from the latter.

"It doesn't really matter if you turn away or not. I've seen them." Jungkook replied. "Move over a little bit."

Seokjin complied and did what the elder asked him to. He was surprised when he saw Jungkook pick up the scrub. 

"I'll scrub the dishes while you rinse them off." The elder said to the younger.

Seokjin simply nodded, waiting for Jungkook to finish scrubbing the dirty plate. 

"Seokjin." 

"Y-Yes?" Seokjin was surprised Jungkook had used his actual name.

"Are you going to tell me what happened? Or brush it off?" Jungkook said, handing Seokjin the plate he had scrubbed off.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Seokjin insisted, rinsing off the soapy dish, then carefully placing it on the rack. "Nothing happened at all."

"Seokjin, how dumb do you think I am?" Jungkook replied, a bit irritated. "I know something happened. Taehyung said you weren't in any of the afternoon classes today."

"I-I was sick," he used the idea Jimin has given him before, "I went to the nurses office since I didn't feel well, & she sent me home." Seokjin hated lying, but he just couldn't tell his Hyung he was beaten to a pulp. It was too much humiliation for him to handle.

"Then what's with all the bruises?" Jungkook raised an eyebrow, "I know something happened, & you're not telling the truth."

"I'm telling the truth." Seokjin stated defensively, "You should trust me by now..."

Jungkook angrily scrubbed another plate, "I do trust you. Of course I would trust you, but I know you're lying."

"How are you so sure?" Seokjin frowned, 'this kid met me a few months ago & now he's acting like he knows everything about me'.

"Because I lo-" Jungkook stopped himself for a minute to help calm himself down. "Because, I'm your Hyung. I'm supposed to take care of you."

Seokjin softly looked down, he knew Jungkook wanted the best for him, even though the previous events didn't really show it. "I-I know, but I'm fine, really. You don't need to worry."

Jungkook just quietly looked at Seokjin, almost as if he was disappointed in the younger. Seokjin wouldn't blame him if he was, even Seokjin is disappointed in himself. Jungkook then continued scrubbing dishes clean & handing them to Seokjin.


-

After that situation Jungkook excused himself and went into the living room where everyone else was. Seokjin just sighed, not feeling like joining the others, instead going up to his room. He carefully walked up the stairs, making sure the stairs didn't creak to much, opening the door to his room and gently closing it behind him. He sighed for the second time, flopping himself onto his bed. 

He took in his environment and sighed. He remembered when he and his butler used to fold those paper cranes. The number 892. So close, but so far. He wonders what he and his butlers wish would have been. Maybe to cure all illnesses. Mental and physical. Or maybe world peace, and happiness. For everyone. No more starving children or crimes being done. Everyone would safe. From everything.

Seokjin was brought back to reality when he heard a soft knock at his door. Seokjin smiled slightly and said, "Come in."

The door slowly opened, and a smiling Hoseok appeared. "Hey Jinnie."

"Hi Hoseok Hyung," Seokjin's thoughts about his bruised face were put behind him, "what are you doing here?"

"Just seeing my favorite dongsaeng." Hoseok's smile as bright as ever. "But, I just wanted to ask about something.." 

Hoseok didn't really wait for Seokjin to respond, "It's just...your bruises. And.. I heard that Jimin confessed to you." 

Seokjin's ears heated up, probably turning a deep red. "I-It's not what you think Hyung.."

Hoseok just chuckled and sent a small smile. "Jinnie, I'm not stupid, as much as I may seem."

"I just wanted to let you know... It's not just him." Hoseok looked Jin in the eyes for a split second before looking down to the ground. 

"I've been with you since day 1... I was the first one to find you.. Or come across you. And... These months everything in the house brightened up. Before when we all lived together we didn't usually hang out. I just want to thank you. You've brought us all together and closer than ever." Hoseok looked hesitant, "anyway, I just wanted to say..."

"I love you!" Hoseok immediately blurted out. "Pick me.. Not Jimin, not Jungkook, not anyone else! I love you so much it hurts.." Hoseok looked down, "I don't really expect you to answer right now..."

"Hoseok Hyung.." Seokjin wasn't sure what to say at this point. "How do you know that the others like Me?"

Hoseok chuckled, "it's obvious Jinnie."

Seokjin decided not to think about it much, but he just got up from his bed and gave Hoseok a hug. "I can't give you an answer right now and I'm sorry for that. But I love you as a friend- even family. And thank you for telling me."

Hoseok's eyes widened but soften, slowly hugging Seokjin back. 

"I-It's fine Jinnie.." Hoseok wanted to hug his forever, but knew he had to let
Go sometime. "A-anyway the real reason I came up here is that all of us are going on a drive. We want you to come with us?"

Seokjin thought for a moment before smiling slightly and nodding. "Yeah, that sounds nice."

Hoseok also smiled, "That's great. Come on now, we're going soon." Hoseok grabbed Jin's hand before dragging him out of him own room. Seokjin laughed at his hyung's eagerness as if he hadn't just confessed to him two seconds earlier. 

Seokjin let himself be dragged all the way downstairs to see the others already waiting for him. Seokjin saw Jimin's eyes squint while he was smiling and the rest has slight smirky smiles on their face.

"Since I'm driving I say that Seokjin sits in the passenger seat next to me. You all can sit in the truck bed." Namjoon said and this was soon followed by groans of complaints. Namjoon rolled his eyes and grabbed Seokjin's wrist, dragging him to the truck quickly. 

-

Seokjin sat in the passenger seat of Namjoon's two door black truck. He stared out the window, staring at the stars and moon that filled the night sky with light. Luckily, it was a Friday night meaning no one had school the next day. 

Somehow no matter what, Seokjin didn't really feel any joy for seeing the stars no matter how much he wanted to. Today's events and just everything in general were probably the reasons. 

"Namjoon Hyung?" Seokjin called out, "Where are... Are we going? Are we going somewhere near? just where are we going?" Seokjin mumbled the last part. He felt tired.

Namjoon chuckled, "we're just going the beach that's near. It was Taehyung's idea."

Seokjin nodded, then spaced out again staring out the window.


-

Seokjin saw the beach nearing his view and looked behind to see all the boys in the back laughing about something. He slightly smiled. "How nice.." He whispered making sure Namjoon didn't hear. 

Namjoon parked the car in the parking lot of the beach. He took the keys out of the ignition, putting them into his pocket. He then got out of the car, Seokjin following. 

Seokjin stretched out his body, looking at the beach. The moons reflection on the surface and the pier to the right. He looked at the water, it kind of made him want to swim. Since winter was ending and spring was coming soon.

He saw Namjoon motioning him over and he quickly ran towards him. He saw the boys running to the pier. He and Yoongi decided to walk, not wanting to waste their energy. 

"Seokjin." Yoongi called out randomly.

"Yes, Hyung?" Seokjin answered, not looking him but looking ahead to where the boys were running. 

"Nothing," Yoongi looked at Seokjin, "Just wondering if you were really here or not."

Seokjin chuckled, "Why wouldn't I be here Hyung?"

Yoongi chuckled and closed his eyes, "You're right."

Yoongi then opened his eyes once again, "Let's
Go, we don't want them to do something stupid."

Yoongi then grabbed Seokjin hand, tightly. As if he didn't want to lose the other. Seokjin just went along with it and trailed behind Yoongi. 

-

A few seconds later they finally made it to the pier where the others were. The pier was way above the ocean, making it seem like the stars were closer than they actually were. Seokjin just stared up at them. 

He softly glanced to watch the boys laughing and messing around with each other as Yoongi just looked at them for afar, being all the way down the pier.

Seokjin made his way to where Yoongi was. "Hi Hyung." He smiled when he reached Yoongi.

"Hey." Yoongi replied still looking at the others.

Seokjin has the urge to let this out, but he did it quite subtly by asking, "Hey Hyung, have you heard of the folding paper cranes thing?"

Yoongi scoffed, "I don't believe in those wishing things."

Seokjin frowned, "Hyung... Don't be pessimistic. But you've heard of it then right?" He continued, not waiting for the elder to respond. "Well, what would you wish for when you finally folded those 1,000 paper cranes?"

Yoongi thought for a while, "Honestly it would be amazing if I finished 1,000 cranes." Seokjin chuckled. "But I would probably wish for a friend I've had for a long time to get better. He's sick right now. Going back and forth from the hospital." Yoongi looks at Seokjin and gives him a small smile. "But I know he'll get better so I don't need wishes or paper cranes." 

Seokjin stared at Yoongi in amazement, and smiled. "Now you're being optimistic." 

Yoongi just ruffled Seokjin's hair. 

"There needs to be people more like you Seokjin."

"How so like me?"

"A true fighter."

-

After that Seokjin didn't respond to Yoongi and they both quietly watching the boys fool around, probably playing a game of tag. And yes these boys are almost all high school graduates. That was until Taehyung walked over to them. 

"Hi Hyung." Seokjin said to Taehyung and smiled, not receiving a smile back. Taehyung leaned over the edge, next to Seokjin. 

"Doesn't the water look nice?" Taehyung said to no one in particular. His eyes seemed to reflect the ocean. 

Seokjin looked at Taehyung, "I guess it looks nice."

Taehyung chuckled, "Doesn't it look nice to dive right into it?" 

Seokjin looked at the water, the tides were calm. The moon really lit up the whole place. It looked beautiful. Seokjin smiled a bit. 

"Taehyung stop saying stupid ." Yoongi said monotonously. 

"Hyung you're so mean." Taehyung whined childishly, but smiled. When he smiled he really did look his age. Like a teenager.

"Anyway come on Seokjin," Taehyung grabbed Seokjin's hand, almost a perfect fit between the two. Taehyung smile before it turned into a smirk, "Come play with us."

Taehyung pulled Seokjin, who just smiled.

What a child.