Start

Red House

 Chapter One

Alone.


 

     That's what Seokjin was and had always felt. All alone on the red house on top of the big hill in Seokjin's town. Everyone in Seokjin's town that the red house was haunted and abandoned-- which caused the spread of rumors. Rumors such as Seokjin's family committed a family suicide. Another rumor was that he and his family were murdered because of some illegal business. The list could go on and on. 

    The Kim's were the talk around town. Their sudden disappearance made many curious and question everything. Only Seokjin knew the real truth-- Seokjin and Seokjin only. Seokjin didn't really go out and wasn't very social. He usually went out for essentials-- like food. Food was the only rememberance of his family. His family and him used to cook and bake foods all the time. Those were the times that made Seokjin truly happy. 

Seokjin stared outside the window for a very long time since he didn't have much to do. His days in the lonely red house usually consisted of looking at the window, wondering how hanging out with friends and having friends would be, making foods, and sleeping. Seokjin didnt really like watching television because there wasnt nothing interesting in going on in the world. Sometimes Seokjin would work out, since he wanted to be healthy. Seokjin always enjoyed reading books, even thought he's read about all the books in the house about a million times, but the still interest him at times. 

Once Seokjin had enough of looking out of the window, he glanced at the clock that read, '4:17 PM'.

He muttered something unaudible under the breath and went into the kitchen to fix himself a snack. Seokjin looked through the cook books his mother has left. Seokjin's house was empty since most of his belongings went to his aunts and uncles whereas all his parents stuff disappeared. Seokjin kept the remaining items he still had in the attic. Seokjin didn't really want people knowing he lived in the so called 'haunted house' and kept his existence a secret from everyone.

No one really did find out Seokjin lived there-- hence the for sale sign outside the house. Seokjin really wanted to scream out that his existence was there and that he lived in that house, but he didn't. He was too scared and afraid. 

Seokjin heard voice and heavy foot steps. Seokjin's heart started beating fast and loudly as he hid every material he had just gotten out, and ran straight towards a nearby closet. 

He was used to random people coming up to the house and scaping the territory, most of the people wanted to see if the rumors were true. Most of them left empty handed. Seokjin usually locked the doors and hid from sight. Seokjin thought they would leave within a few minutes, but was struck wrong.

Seokjin heard the footsteps getting louder, which bewildered Seokjin. He wanted to peak out and tell them to get out, but he was too afraid-- So he just stayed inside the closet. 

Are they coming inside? 
Do they even have a key?
What is their business here? 
Am I going to die?


Seokjin shook the last thought, Don't be silly Seokjin. Calm down and control yourself.

Seokjin patiently waited in the closet, waiting for the intruders to leave. Seokjin could hear the footsteps within his home, he saw shadows of feet under the crack of the door.
1..2...3..4...5...6..7 Pairs of feet Seokjin counted.
Seokjin could pick up some of the conversations that they were having outside the door.

"How much is the asking price?"
"Ahh~ That's pretty cheap!"
"Mmmm. Yes, Yes, ahh yes, thank you."
"Hyung let's get it!"
"Be Patient.."


After that Seokjin heard a tsk and the footsteps seemed to stop right infront of the closet Seokjin was in. Seokjin gulped in fear-- the fear of getting caught and kicked out.


"Will the moving truck bring out things here today?"
"Ahh~ That's great news!"
"Yes, Yes, Yes, Thank you so much."


One of the seven pairs of feet started moving away.


"Is it okay if we sign the papers today and move in today?"


Seokjin's mind offically went blank. Seokjin couldn't believe what his ears were hearing. He gulped, nervously hoping he ears were deceiving him. He hugged his knees towards his chest, sitting on the dusty floor, trying to make himself as small as possible.

"We can? That's great. Thank you.."

He heard more gibberish, well it sounded like gibberish to him because he was barely processing whatever the intruders were talking about. But, Seokjin may be naive and innocent, but he already two and two together. These intruders were going to live here. In his house.

What am I going to do? Oh my goodness...

Seokjin wasn't really a nail bitter, but he thought this situation called for some nail bitting. 

Seokjin heard more interesting news;


"Suga hyung and I will go sign the lease, while you guys just stay here and clean. Make the place nice for when the moving truck arrive."
The voice was deep and husky
.

Seokjin started trembling.
What do I do?


Sorry for the First Chapter being short, it'll get interesting soon... I hope xD