CHAPTER 5: PRESS CONFERENCE

Part of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So Min woke up with a high spirit this morning. Her manager notices that but he never said anything. She’s been in a good mood and keeps on humming to herself. Manager Danny smiles to himself and clears his throat and speaks to her. They’re on their way to the press conference after So Min finished her photo shoot that morning.

“Min, are you that happy?”

“Eh? Why, Oppa?” She looks at her manager and tilts her head sideways.

“Your mood today is good. You keep on humming and singing all the time. The photo shoot went well too. Any reasons for all these?” Danny asked her as he keeps his eyes on the road. He actually can guess what’s on her mind and want her to tell him instead.

“Nothing. I just feel good today.”

“Really? Are you sure?”

“De, Oppa.”

“You happy?”

“Come on, Oppa. What are you trying to say here?”

“I sense something fishy here, kid.”

“What is it?”

“You’re not this happy when it comes to do a press conference before.”

“Then?”

“Then, I bet it must be something behind this. Let me guess. Kim Hyun Joong?”

“DE?!”

“He is, right? I know it must be him.”

“What Oppa? No. It is not him.”

“Why your face must be red when it is not him? Better tell me truth, Jung So Min.”

“Oppa..” So Min dodge Danny’s hand that tried to pinch her cheek. She’s been holding her laughter and pouts to him.

“I know you, kiddo. I know you.”

“Huh. Oppa, you’re weird. How come you know me that much?”

“I just happen to know. I can read you well.”

“I guess I must be careful next time.”

”You can try.” So Min gulps as she heard Danny’s voice. It sounds serious and she shifts her eyes to the outside of their car.

“Okay, we’re here. You better hurry, Min. I don’t want to crew to waits for you like last time. Here, you’re cloth. Are you sure to wears that?”

“Yup, I choose this by myself last night. It looks chick and comfortable for me. Look at these shoes, does it looks nice?”

“Where did you get those shoes?”

“Hehe. So Eunnie bought it for me. It’s a gift for my new drama. Pretty, isn’t it?”

“Yeah. It suits you well.”

“She said hi to you and she will be see me in few days more.”

“Oh, okay. Come, let’s go.” They both walks in to the place and So Min get changes inside her waiting room. When she’s done with her makeup, her phone ringing due to the incoming message. She takes a looks at the ID and hr face flashed a sweet smile. Danny as usual have been observing her since this morning and this time, he sure there must be something with her.

“Hey, it’s me. You’re here yet?”

“Hi. Yup and I’m just done with my makeup. What about you?”

“Same here. Just waiting until they call me to come out.”

“Oh, okay. Are you nervous?”

“Why should I? Did you?”

“A little.”

“Just enjoy this moments. There’s others cast too. Remember what I told you last night?”

“Yeah.”

“Then, what is it?”

“That you’re always by my side. You will lead me into all that.”

“Right. So, there’s no need to be worried or nervous. Okay?”

“Arasso.”

“Okay, see you around. They’re calling me now.”

“Okay. They’re calling me out too.”

“Fighting!”

“Fighting. Thank you, Hyun Joong.”

So Min stands from her seat and place her phone inside her bag. She walks to her manager and smiles at him.

“Another mischievous smile of yours.” Danny whisper to her. She looks confusing at him and shakes her head.

“It’s nothing, Oppa.”

“Okay, then. Oh, it’s them.” Danny pointed to Hyun Joong and his manager direction and they waves at them. So Min smiles a little to them and calm herself.

“You can do this, So Min. Opps, my bad. You can do this Yoon Ji.” She smiles to herself and place her hand on her chest. She likes talking to herself before doing something and to calm herself.

The press conference starts with the introductory from the director itself. He explains a bit about the drama and it’s time to bring their cast. The first cast will be Hyun Joong. He steps out from the side stage and goes the center of the stage.

He flashes a smile to the countless cameras in front of him. He poses as the reporters asked him and he freely to do so. When his turn is finish, he step down and waits again at the side of the stage. He observes how So Min responds to all of the reporters. He can tell that she’s still nervous and a little awkward.

Later, the reporters want the main leads to take pictures together and both of them step to the center of the stage. So Min still shy towards him and he takes a first step by leading her this time. He takes her shoulder and places his arm around her. She follows his leads and both poses for the reporters.

The press conference went well as they all enjoy it. The reporters of course will ask a various questions and also the weirdest one. So Min seems awkward to answer all that but she manages to overcome it by observing on how Hyun Joong responds to all reporters’ questions.

After the cast being introduced and the press are finished, they will be having a light meal and will entertain some of reporters inside the hall. So Min walks first to the hall following by Hyun Joong behind her. Suddenly, she seems lost as she can’t find a way to go through all the reporters.  The reporters didn’t move to give her way and she stood shyly in front of them.

“What’s wrong?” Hyun Joong came from behind and whisper to her. She turns around and smiles shyly before answer him.

“I can’t find a way to go through them. Keke.” She giggles to him and looks forward again. The flashes is on them as the reporters got the chance to capture their conversation.

Hyun Joong looks behind and called his manager and told about that. Then, there’s come two men in suit each one in well built body, make the reporters moves aside and Hyun Joong leads So Min to their table.

“Come.” Hyun Joong calls her and she followed right behind him. Hyun Joong act like a gentleman as he pulls the chair for So Min and again reporters are eager to capture that. They settle themselves at the table with the other cast and enjoy their meals.

Not long after that, the press inside the hall is done and they will be a photo session at the stage inside the hall. All cast for that day moves to the stage and get their position. Hyun Joong waits for So Min and stood beside her for the photo session. The day is almost night as they all wrapped everything.

So Min feels so lucky to have Hyun Joong keeps an eye for her and leads her for that day. Before they went back, she met Hyun Joong at the back stage.

“Hyun Joong.”

“Oh. Yes, Min. Anything wrong?”

“No, I’m fine. Thanks to you that work so hard to help me today.” She smiles happily to him and Hyun Joong seems lost to see her smiles.

“Hmm..”

“Yes?” So Min peers n front of him and looks at him.

“Did you have free after this?”

“Wae?”

“Just to try my luck.”

“Hehe. What do you mean, Sunbae? I can’t get you.” So Min plays with her hairs. Hyun Joong looks hesitant to invite her for a drink as they seems start to comfortable with each other.

“I want to invite you for a drink.”

“Only the two of us?” She ask bluntly and Hyun Joong nodded to her and flash her his shy smiles.

“Hmm. Let’s see. If my manager say it’s okay..”

“It’s fine, Min. You’re free after this and you may go.” So Min turns around as she heard her manager’s voice. She looks shocked and moves to him.

“Oppa. How did you know?”

“I herard you guys talking. Hyun Joong, take good care of her. She can be a burden sometime.”

“Yah, Oppa!” So Min hit her manager;s shoulder and they laugh at her nervous face.

“Don’t worry, Hyung. I will take GOOD care of her.” Hyun Jooong said as he looks at So Min. She pouts her lips and makes a face to her manager.

“You must return her to me before midnight.”

“Yah, Oppa. I’m not the Cinderella that need to be back before midnight.”

“What? Yes you are, my dear. Or else, Mr President will nagging at me.”

“Oh.” So Min shut when her manager mention about Mr President. Hyun Joong wonders who is Mr President that they talked about. Her manager caught the confuse Hyun Joong and explains that to him.

“It’s her father, Hyun Joong. Did you know Mr Kim Bae Young?”

“Oh. The owner of the advertisement company in Korea? The one with the largest models company too, right?”

“Yup, that’s him. And this is his precious daughter.” Danny smack a little So Min’s shoulder and she smiles shyly to Hyun Joong.

“Seriously? No way.” Hyun Joong mouth can’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter