CHAPTER 22: HEART TO HEART

Part of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SO MIN’S PLACE

So Min awake as she heard her phone rang. She rumbles on her bedside and without looking at the caller, she pick up.

“Hello?”

“Min!”

“Omma?”

“De. How are you?”

“I’m fine. I just woke up.”

“Is that? Okay.”

“What’s wrong, Omma?”

“It’s nothing. It’s just..”

Mrs Jung paused for a moment and So Min can guess that her Omma is going to say something.

“Omma? Are you okay?”

So Min get up from the bed and went to the balcony. It’s in the middle of the night and the skies looks peace and the stars sparkling.

“Baby. We saw you news and..”

“And? Omma, please. Don’t make me worried.”

“Mian, dear. It’s just that I’m afraid your Appa will do as last time.”

“What do you mean, Omma? Don’t tell me he’s going after Hyun Joong Oppa again?”

“Ani. No. He looks disappointed to me as he heard all rumours.”

“See... It’s just rumours. None of it are true, Omma. Please, tell Appa I will see him. He needs to know the truth.”

“It’s fine, Min. He didn’t say that he believe on those rumours, but..”

“Don’t worry, Omma. I know what to do.”

“Arasso.”

“Okay, Omma. Thanks.”

“Anything for you my child. Are you sure you’re fine?”

“I’m fine, plus So Eun and Hwang Bo Unnie are here with me.”

“Good to hear that. Hyun Joong?”

“Oppa..”

“Sorry to asking this, dear. But..”

“I understand, Omma. I believe him no matter what. It’s true that he’s dating her for some time, but the beating I believe in him. Did you and Appa doubting him?”

“No.. It’s not..”

“I understand that, Omma. Others will start doubting him now even his friends too.”

“Min..”

“It’s okay, Omma. I will stay behind him. No matter what.”

“God, you’re so nice Min. How on earth you’re still..”

“I LOVE him, Omma. My LOVE for him never fades. And I will fight for him and with him.”

“Right. You’ve got me behind you too, child.”

“Komawo, Omma. Love you.”

“Love you more, Omma.”

“I guess we end here. It’s still midnight. Sorry to woke you up.”

“De, Omma. I’ll try visit home tomorrow after my shooting done.”

“De, I understand your work, baby.”

“Alright, Omma. Goodnight. Say hi to Appa too. Kiss for him too. keke.”

“De. Night child.”

 So Min ends the call and stays or a while at the balcony.

“The sky looks clearer. How I wish Hyun Joong Oppa is like this too. he has a peaceful life. How you doing, Oppa? I guess you’re watched my interview earlier. And I’m sure that you’re shocked to death to what I’m said. So Mon, you really are digging your own grave. Later, your company will call you over. Better prepare a good excuse reasons or else say goodbye to your career.”

She thought to herself as she close her eyes. She heard someone approach her and looks behind. So Eun smiles sweetly at her and join her.

“You’re awake?”

“Yeah. Omma just called. She keep calling me since the news aired.”

“Oh.. So?”

“Appa starts doubting him. As usual.”

So Min giggles as she looks at So Eun. So Eun give her light tap on her back and open .

“Gwenchana? We’re with you. We believe in him. We will help him through this storm.”

“De. Thanks, So Eunnie.”

They hugged each other as So Min shed tears at So Eun’s shoulder. They heard someone rang the bell and wonder who could it be. They walk to the door and shocked to see Kyu Jong at the door. He’s alone.

“Oppa? What are you doing here? Where are the other?”

They invited him inside as So Eun move to the kitchen to prepare the drink. So Min sit beside him and observe his face.

“I’m alone. The others had left home after we had a drink. GWenchana?”

Kyu Jong places a hand on her head as he ask her. So Min just smiles weakly at him. Kyu Jong knows she’s not that strong but she’s trying her best right now. So Eun come to the living room and place the drink in front them.

“So Eunnie?”

“De?”

“Can you leave us for a second? I need to talk to So Min.”

“Okay. I’ll be inside the room. Call me if you need anything.”

Kyu Jong ask So Eun and she left to the room. As she close the door, Kyu Jong adjust his position to face So Min. She still looks down and fidgeting on her fingers.

“Hey, look at me. You’re okay?”

Kyu Jong raise her chin up to meet her eyes. There’s a form of tears there. He sigh before pulls her into a hug. Only then, she begins to cry again.

“Oppa..”                                                                                                 

“Hmmm..”

“It hurts this time. I don’t think I can...”

“Shhhh.. No. Don’t say that. Hyun Joong Hyung needs you. He needs us.”

“He pushes me over and over again. He really..”

“Shh.. Now, just forget about all he said. You must rest. I came just to make sure you’re okay. I got really worried when Young Saeng Hyung calls us over and told about you and Hyun Joong Hyung.”

“...”

“Right now, give him some time to clear his mind. He’s already stressed and still can’t accept all these. We must give him time. At the same time, we still updating his progress. Okay? Can you do that?”

He pushes her over and looks at her.

“Poor you, sister. why did you guys have to face all this?”

Kyu Jong though as he looks at the fragile So Min in front of him. Her eyes looks lost. Althought she keeps on sile at the outside, she’s bleeding, crying, and even can be dead inside. That’s more hurt for Kyu Jong to be honest.

“De, Oppa. Komawo. You really a center.  it’s good to have you here with me. You always be whenever I’m in misery. Keke.”

“Aigoo. What to do. I really adore you.”

He pinch her rosy cheek

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter