CHAPTER 34: TICK TOCK (1)

Part of Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning, Hyun Joong woke up first as he heard his phone rings. It’s 6 in the morning. He gently lifts So Min’s head to the pillow before grabs his phone. He notices it rings for a while now and looks at the history. He face the window and calls back his manager.

“Annyeong, Hyung? What’s wrong?”

“Oh, Hyun Joong. Sorry to disturb you this early. But, I’ve got a call from Mr Lee, the Attorney for your case.”

“De. What’s new?”

“He wants to meet you as soon as possible. When you think you can meet him? I know you’re at So Min’s place, so just to make sure you can meet him later.”

“Oh. I’m fine if he can make it today. But, it’s Sunday today. You’re sure he can make it today?”

“I’ll try to contact his secretary back. It’s his secretary calls me earlier.”

“Oh really? Okay, if possible how about I meet him around 2pm?”

“Okay. I’ll arrange that for you. But, I think the time will be flexible for you right?”

“De, Hyung. I can make it today or anytime he needs me. I’m free right now. keke.”

“Arasso. I’ll let you know for the details later. Say hi to Min for me. And enjoy your weekend.”

“De Hyung. Same goes to you.”

“Oh before I forgot, we need to discuss about your enlistment day tomorrow. The President wants to meet you at the company.”

“Alright.”

Hyun Joong hangs up the phone and looks through his phone for a while. Then, he looks the morning view from the window before proceed to the balcony. He close his eyes and inhale the fresh air in the morning.

“Good moring, Oppa...”

So Min comes from the room and hugs his back. She locks his waist with her arms and put her cheek to his back.

“Good moring. Did I woke you up? Mian.”

“Ani, gwenchan, Oppa. I awake when you’re left the room.”

“Really? Sorry to wake you this early.”

“Who’s calling? Did something happen?”

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry, okay.”

He brings her to the front and now his back hugging her now. He put his chin on her head and they together enjoy the scenery.

“It’s my manager called me just now.”

“Then?”

“And Attorney Lee wants to meet as soon as possible.”

“Did he? Is it regarding your case?”

“De and tomorrow I need to be at the company to meet the President. It’s regarding my enlistmemnt.”

“So, you’re going home now?”

“Not now but later. I’m meeting Attorney Lee around 2pm today. Sorry not being able to stay with you more today.”

“Gwenchana. Don’t worry.”

So Min releases his hugs as she turns and looks at him.

“Really? I promise to make it to you later.”

“Of course. Don’t you remember our picnic with little Mi Rae?”

“Of course I remember. But, where were going that time?”

“I don’t know. You’ve got something in your mind?”

“Me neither. Why don’t you survey some places since you’re free today?”

“Okay, I’ll do that. I wish to spend more time with you. But that one day I think it will be enough.”

So Min whinning as she hugs him. Hyun Joong chuckles as he heard that.

“Yah. What do you mean just that one day? You’ve got me yesterday, the day before, and even today. Oh, not to mention a party with the others too.”

“Oppa!”

“Wae?”

“You’re been going for 2 years! I’m gonna miss you like hell here!”

So Min raises her voice at him and Hyun Joong shocks for that.

“You even raise your voice to me now? Aigoo, this girl. Arasso. You’re the only one will miss me like hell. Then what about me? Huh?”

Hyun Joong looks into her eyes and she blush right away.

“You’re still blushing for me.”

“What do you mean?”

So Min cast her eyes down but Hyun Joong lift her chin up.

“Like you, I’m going to miss you like hell to, Baby. How come I’m not going to miss my bubbly girl?”

“Yah...”

“It’s true. Me too wants to spend more time with you what can I do now? With my case and my enlistment... But, I’ll try to be with you. I know it’s hard for us, but we need to fight together. Remember your promise with me?”

“Of course. Mianhe, Oppa. I know sometime I act childish. It’s because I miss you all this time. I tried to ignore it but when your life turned out like this, I can’t stay silent.”

“Komawo for always believe and be with me.”

“I’m sure you’re in right side. Attorney Lee and all of us will prove it to the world that you’re innocent. You’re being frame all this time, Oppa.”

“Thanks. I really mean it. I’m really thankful to have you around me. You took care of me and my family when we’re in mess. I don’t know what will happen to us if you’re not here.”

“It’s nothing, Oppa. I love you and also your family. Since before.”

Hyun Joong smiles weakly as he pulls her into his arms back. They stay like that for another minute until So Min push his a little.

“Right now, you don’t have to think on your case. Just focus on your enlistment. Give your best during the service. And when you’re back, you can continue your career too.”

Hyun Joong just nodded to her and So Min kiss his cheek. She walks towards the kitchen while Hyun Joong trails her from behind.

“I’m going to prepare the breakfast. You can go freshen yourself.”

“Arasso. I’ll be right back.”

“De.”

So Min begins to prepare a simple breakfast for them and sets the table too. when she’s finish, she walks to her room and without knocking, she enters the room.

“Aaaa..”

As she opens the door, Hyun Joong is about to wears hi shirt and of course he’s topless when she saw him. Hyun Joong startled when he heard a loud voice of hers at the door.

So Min runs to the living room. She really shock when she saw him like that. Then, she heard the door being open and Hyun Joong walks to her.

“Yah. Did you have to yell like that? You sure give me a heart attack you know.”

Hyun Joong stands in front of her while put his arms on his chest. So Min slowly looks at him and smiles nervously.

“Mian. I didn’t know...”

She’s even stuttering when she’s explaning to him. Hyun Joong chuckles more and he leans towards her.

“It’s not the first time you seen me topless, right?”

“Yah. Oppa! What are you saying?”

“What? It’s true, right. You’ve seen me topless several times before.”

“It’s been a  while you know, for me.. to see.. you.. like.. that.. Whatever! I’m going to wash.”

So Min rush to her room and shut the door. She can hear Hyun Joong’s laughing until she’s in the bathroom.

“He’s still love to tease me like that. Aigoo, Yoon Ji. You looks like a ert of you’re act like this. It’s like a normal thing to him but to see him topless like that, I really embarrass. It’s been a while we’re together back, yet he act so natural.”

She mumbles and even scolds herself for her clumsy act. He sure trease her more after this.

She picks up a simple dress and combs her hair before head to the dining table. She can see Hyun Joong in front of the TV.

“Oppa, breakfast ready.”

“Okay.”

Hyun Joong comes to her and pats her head before takes his seat. So Min tries to act normal but Hyun Joong knows her more.

“Just relax, I’m not going to bring that matters up.”

“De?”

“Just sit and eat the breakfast.”

“Arasso.”

They eat their breakfast but Hyun Joong finds it suffocating and awkward. He looks ahead and found she’s hardly eating her meals.

“Baby?”

“Hmm...”

She looks at him with food in .

“What’s bothering you?”

“It’s nothing, Oppa.”

“Okay, if you said so.”

They finish eating the breakfast in no time and it’s time to clean the table.

“Leave it there. I can clean it for you too.”

Hyun Joong volunteers himself to clean all the meals as he walks towards her.

“While you, my not so bubbly Baby now, can rest for a while.”

He brings her to the living room and makes her seat at the couch. So Min tends to stand again but he stops her.

“But...”

“It’s fine. I can handle everything there. You can rest here. I’ll be joining you later.”

“Arasso. Komawo.”

“Before that...”

Hyun Joong points his cheek to her and she’s blushing before kiss his cheek. He looks happy and head to the kitchen back. Once a while, she will look back at the kitchen to look at him.

After that, he’s back and joining her. He sits beside her and again the air feels awkward. He looks at his side and found she’s so into her world whiel she’s watch a drama.

He tries to distract her by pulls her close to him but, she’s only follows his leads. She makes herself comfortable to him and still focus on the drama.

“Hey..”

“Hmmm..”

She’s answering him but her eyes never leaves the TV screen. Hyun Joong plays with her fingers this time and she looks back at him.

“What’s wrong, Oppa?”

“It looks like you’re focusing on something else right now.”

“Oh, mianhe, Oppa. Me and Mom loves this drama. Sometime, Mom will keep me update when I missed it.”

“Really? Okay. But don’t you think you’re ignoring me now?”

“Ignoring you?”

“Yeah. We should spend more time together but you seem more interested in that drama than me.”

So Min burst into laughing when Hyun Joong starts to whinning. When that man starts to say all that, he’s really feels left out. So Min didn’t realise what she’s done to him and now he’s sulking.

Hyun Joong still plays with her fingers and her hair without looking at her.

“You’re sulking right now, Oppa?”

“Sulking? Why should I?”

“You are. Keke.”

“Stop it.”

Hyun Joong push her hand away shen So Min tries to poke his cheeks. He releases her and leans on the couch with closing eyes. He pretends to sleep and So Min still giggling a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter