Chapter 8

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It was from him, isn't it?" Jessica walked into Krystal's room with her bathrobe without knocking for the second time of the day. Jessica took a seat at the edge of her bed where she looked at Krystal, who was removing her make-up in front of her dressing table. Krystal turned around and said sternly; "Unnie! I know you're eager to hear my story but could you please, just, knock, the, door." 

The next second, she saw Jessica bounced up from the bed and sped out of the door, knocked, and came in again with a grin. Krystal laughed at the sight of this childish act from her sister; but she was glad at the same time that Jessica was able to look and be this happy. "Am I destined to be with childish people?" She shook her head and resumed what she was doing; with Top's face still dominating her mind.

 

"Uh--yeah mum; it's from Amber." Jessica tried to fake the way Krystal lied earlier in the restaurant. "I'm not mum, Jung Soojung."

"Why do you still ask me when you already knew the answer?" Krystal walked towards her and lied next to her, her right hand unknowingly touched the necklace around her neck. Jessica smiled smugly; "I just want you to address it yourself."

"You're forcing me."

"You know you'll still tell me one day anyway."

Krystal sighed at Jessica's words, it was true. Both of them had never kept any secret to themselves. "Ugh, fine." She told her everything from how he purposely grabbed her over from L; showed jealousy; how they had a great time in the art gallery, how childish he was, and how sweet he was hugging her and helped her wore the necklace he gifted. 

"No..way." Jessica closed with surprise, "That escalated pretty quickly." She gazed over at Krystal who nodded at her in agreement with her flushed face. 

"Wait," Jessica nudged Krystal's arm after observing her silly grin; "No."

"No what?"

"You fell for Top didn't you?"

"I don't know," Krystal denied and shrugged but still couldn't contain her shyness at the mention of his name. "I might have."

 

/

 

"I honestly thought you would call last night," Top's voice pierced through her ears as she was rummaging through her bag to look for her car key as she stepped out of her apartment's gate.

"Goodness you've scared me!" Krystal revealed her droopy eyes to him as she looked up. She didn't expect him to see him such early on a Sunday morning. "What are you doing here?"

"You've kind of ignored what I said previously," Top continued, smiling and folding his hands together. She wasn't wearing any make up at all, her hair was slightly in an unkempt state; it was another side of her that he discovered. But God, she's so beautiful.

In fact, Krystal was waiting for his call last night but she got nothing. She wondered if she should make the first move; maybe telling him how much she liked the gift and how much she enjoyed their "date" or just anything. They'd literally texting non-stop for the past few days, just not last night when Krystal realized she might have fallen for him. She eventually gave up, and fell asleep with her jazz music still playing on the background through her speakers.

"Didn't feel like it," she faked, avoiding eye contacts with him. Lies. He saw her ran her hands through her hair to tidy it up a little.

Top raised his eyebrows and nodded defenselessly; "Oh well, but I was waiting."

Krystal's heart almost burst in happiness when she heard that coming from him unexpectedly. So he was waiting as well? What does that mean? Why didn't he just call instead? Why is he waiting here early in the morning? And that suddenly struck her that that was her question she was intended to ask him.

"Why are you here? And how do you know I'd be out early today?" She questioned.

"With a little help from your sister, it's not that hard to know your schedule for today." He answered, turning his back toward

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter