Chapter 28

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Top took every moment of it blissfully, holding Krystal tighter and tighter as if he'd afraid to lose her once again. Well in fact, he was afraid. He sworn to himself that he would not repeat the same mistake which would give the opportunity for the love of his life to slip away from him again. The pain was just too much for him to bear. He caressed the back of her head as Krystal buried deeper into his chest, the simplest physical contact gave them warmth and comfort at the same time. They both longed for it. 

"Oppa," Krystal pulled back slightly so she could see his face clearly after staying in the same position for a solid five minutes. "Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

"Why did you call me just now?" Krystal asked.

Top scratched his nose tip before showing his signature smirk, "Do you really want to know though?"

Krystal simply nodded.

"To take my last risk in telling you how much I love you and see if that could change your mind for not ending up with that kid just now."

"Kai?"

"Yeah, I overheard their conversation when the awards ended and I knew he was going to confess to you. Just as I wanted to catch up and patch things up with you before he could take any action, he just had to appear in your room." Top let out a dry cough, "I know that made me sounded sort of mean, but I just wanted to take another shot. I wanted to at least let those three words escape from my mouth before he did. Although his appearance disrupted what was supposed to happen, that didn't stop me. So yeah, the call happened. I'm glad I did, and I'm grateful for that kid to answer the call so I could hear your honest answer which I didn't quite expect it."

Krystal flickered Top's forehead suddenly which made him winced in pain, "Such a meanie."

Top grabbed her hand mid-air and brought it closer to his lips, pressing them against her soft skin and watched her warmly. The sight of Top glistened in tears along with the futuristic city's skyscrapers' lights as the background made her swoon. It seemed like everything that he had done wrong before was all gone from the back of her mind when she looked at him this closely, and she finally admitted to the fact that love was indeed blind.

Her thought was being distracted when she heard his silent whisper as he released his grip, "I prefer to call this persistence. How is that?"

"And you're still as cocky as ever."

"But-"

Krystal's loud stomach grumble managed to cut off what Top planned to say and both of them were shut silence due to the audible sound. She clutched on her stomach in embarrassment as Top broke into a hysteric laughter, "Oh I've missed this. I guess your stomach just wants a say."

"Come on, I haven't had anything since lunch!"

/

"Take it easy on your food girl," Top shook his head and laughed when she saw Krystal hungrily stuffed down a mouthful of food once it was served. He took a quick glance around and realized most of the guests present were mainly middle-aged foreigners in dining in groups. He shifted his gaze back to Krystal, who now behaved like a child eating her meal. Out of all the things he missed about her, the sight of her having a sauce-stained lips definitely ranked at the top of the list. It always happened to her whenever she had her favorite bolognese.

"I know you're hungry sweetheart but you can still eat slowly, you're lucky that all of these people here probably wouldn't recognize who you are."

"Oh are you saying that if they were to recognize me then I'd be an embarrassment to you right now?" Krystal twisted his words and laughed when he saw Top laid back on his seat, defeated.  

"Soojung-ah," Top sighed and smiled at the same time, her na

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter