Chapter 26

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2nd December, 2015

It was the day for one of the biggest awards show in the music industry, yet Krystal was not feeling it at all as compared to her band mates. She kept a straight face while she walked the red carpet with Amber and Luna, who both seemed more ecstatic than she was. Her impassive attitude towards the senior MC at the carpet had quickly sparked criticism among the overcritical netizens. 

As they walked to their designated dressing rooms to prepare for their performances, Amber threw an arm over Krystal's slender shoulder which caused the latter to turn to her. "Are you okay? You don't look quite right tonight," Amber started, "You shouldn't be that expressionless just now. You know how harsh those keyboard-warriors can be."

"I don't have to fake a smile to make them to love me, do I?" Krystal replied, her unsmiling face made Amber stifled.

As if she had immediately realized her somewhat vexatious remark towards the other member, she apologized straight off. "I'm sorry Amber-it's just, you know how I've always had anxiety to perform in front of a big audience like tonight."

"It's okay," Amber rubbed against Krystal's arm to soothe her. "I know what you're exactly uncomfortable about tonight," she stated matter-of-factly, indirectly mentioning that Top was the main reason. She ignored Krystal's questioning look and resumed, "But I just want to tell you that you'll be alright."

Krystal didn't seem to take Amber's advice quite well as she failed to ease herself up for the rest of the show. Her expression was equally tensed when f(x) were presented with their awards, and when she had to present the Worldwide Inspiration Award to Pet Shop Boys. Speaking English was never a difficulty for her, but she found herself paused momentarily between lines as her hands were shaking slightly while holding the presentation card. She had always hated being on stage alone, not to say when she knew he was watching her under the stage.

"My, my!" Seungri suddenly exclaimed during their commercial break, after Krystal descended the stage to get ready for the collaboration performance. "Would you look at that! Krystal-sshi looks absolutely stunning in that black dress doesn't she?"

Daesung held back his laughter as he responded, "You wouldn't want to be dead from hyung's deadly glare before you've even gotten the chance to perform on stage later."

"I mean," Seungri tapped on Top's chest and earned another fatal scowl from the older one, "Hyung, if you're not interested her anymore can I go after her?"

"Yah!" Top replied in his croaky voice.

"Why not? I'm pretty close with Jessica at the moment, so-"

"Don't you effing dare."

Seungri and the others cracked up when they saw how exasperated Top looked. "Chill out mate! I'm just joking! I wouldn't ever mess with Mr. Choi's girl even she was just a past."

"Why don't you shut up now if you want to be on that stage alive?"

"Ok," Seungri put his arms up and immediately stopped his antic before he truly crossed Top's line. "Ok, I'll stop."

/

Before Top and s hit the stage that night, he peeked through the curtain backstage only to have found out that the three members of f(x) were absent from their respective seats. For whatever reason, he was downhearted by the fact that Krystal wouldn't be there to watch his last MAMA performance this year before his mandatory military service enlistment in late 2016. Nevertheless, he still put on his best for the show with s to provide the a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter