Chapter 14

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Babe," Top spilled the first word as he saw Krystal finally connected to their Skype conversation. "I've missed you so much already," Top continued as he saw Krystal still roaming in front of her laptop in her pajamas, grabbing a water bottle from the table behind her before sitting herself down. It was now a few days before Christmas, and Krystal and her family had gone back to the States for a family vacation; especially when they thought it was the first, good time for them to travel together as a family again after Jessica's incident with her former group.

Krystal took a sip of her water and lifted both her legs up to her chair, hugging both her knees now before she talked. "I don't though," Krystal said teasingly. Jessica was hanging out with her friends in the city, whereas her parents were in the other hotel room. They were now in New York; after having visited their relatives in San Francisco. "I love it here, I've missed this city." Krystal continued teasingly.

"Really?" Top cupped his hand on his jaw, watching Krystal solicitously on the computer screen. "That city doesn't have the guy that you love and loves you back. Are you really in love with the city?"

Krystal rolled her eyes at Top's words before laughing at his effortless confident comment. "Gosh, after hearing that; I'm thinking of really just moving back to the States."

"Come on," Top frowned, "I'll be depressed. You won't want that to happen. In fact, I'm suspecting myself a little depressed right now that I couldn't feel your warmth for almost two weeks now." As it was near the end of the year, Krystal had finished most of her jobs in hand and all of her members were granted a few weeks of holiday and will only resumed their respective work next year since they were also not performing during the year end's gayo daejun. 

"Oh no," Krystal feigned sympathy, "How can I make you feel better?"

"You know what," Top dropped his hand down and raised his brow suggestively, looking at her lips although they were not physically together right now. "It's pretty obvious," he continued, now moving his face closer towards the screen.

Krystal chuckled at him, before reciprocating the same as he did. The next second, Top closed his eyes and kissed on his laptop screen imagining that it was real, that Krystal was here with him right now. He opened seconds after, only to realize that the girl on the other side was holding her iPhone up against the screen to capture this moment down.

"What?" Top asked, widening his eyes.

"You're stupid, oppa." Krystal laughed, swiping through various photos on her phone before returning her attention back at him. "I wish you can see how stupid you look like in these photos."

"Photos," Top emphasized. "It's plural." Top shook his head, not hiding his smiles caused by Krystal. "Only stupid for you, kid."

Krystal put her phone aside and now remained silent, looking at Top who was now looking at his phone, seemingly replying his messages as the light of the phone's screen reflected on his face. Krystal let him did so, until he was now staring back at the screen; returning her loving gaze. Top beamed at the sight, wondering what she was thinking as she seemed so deeply in thought.

"What's messing with your mind?" Top asked gently, his voice husky.

"You," Krystal answered honestly. "I've missed you."

Top paused for a moment, registering what she had said. It was something pretty weird for him; whenever Krystal mentioned the word love, or even miss; he felt butterflies in his stomach. It was like this was the first time he ever felt so in love, so lost in love. Little did he know, the girl he was now watching out felt the same, falling hopelessly in love with him.

"That's good to know," Top nodded and arched his lips down, giving a cocky look to her. "One really can't resist my handsome face," he continued, now laughing at his own witty yet a little disgusting remark.

Krystal pretended to puke, sticking her tongue out before she responded. "One can also not resist my beauty," Krystal answered, although really, she never thought herself as beautiful, yet alone perfect like those fans always described her as. She always had a low self-esteem, and that was a part that Top had yet to find out. "I was stopped by a few random guys now in these two weeks," Krystal continued, "on the street to be precise."

"What?" Top replied, startled. "They did? They stopped you? Did they shake your hand as well? They did, didn't they?"

"It was only a simple gesture," Krystal laughed, "They just randomly asked for my name, and wished me a nice day; that's all."

"I bet they wanted to ask for your number as well," Top said bitterly, now hugging both sides of his laptops and shaking the screen. "Gosh come back now!"

"I am!" Krystal said in response, "Two more days, on a Christmas day, and I'll see your.....sly face." Krystal made a face at him as if she was not happy about it, "I'm not ready. It'd be a torture."

"Excuse me," Top interrupted before she said further, "It's a delight."

"Yes, of course it is." Krystal mumbled in sarcasm. "Oh ya," Krystal raised his voice as he suddenly remembered the thing she was supposed to tell him right away when their conversation was connected. "My family are organizing a family Christmas dinner, as usual. I want you to come over."

Top was stunned at her request, but her face was full of enthusiasm that he wasn't able to reject. "I..Is it really a good idea?"

"Well, it's not a request from me actually. It's more like an invitation," Krystal replied and observed Top closely, "My mum invited you. She wants to see you."

"What? For real? Why?" Questions were popping out of his mouth unknowingly as he couldn't hide being nervous at this sudden invitation.

"It'll be fun," Krystal answered reassuringly, sensing his anxiousness from the other side. "My family won't bite; plus I'll be there with you, don't be scared. Come," Krystal pulled her laptop closer to her chest, signifying him to do so as well; to imagine themselves hugging.

Top chortled at her silly yet cute move, wonde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter