Chapter 27

4 walls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just as Krystal opened the door, another figure appeared right in front of her with a bouquet of roses covering his face and another hand stretching out half-way to the doorbell. The bouquet was slowly raised down and Kai's smiley face faded in a split second, revealing a face of complex emotions.

Krystal cracked into a half laugh and tilted her head, "I thought you'd at least call before you come, Jongin ah. Aren't you going to the after party?"

"I don't feel like it," Kai responded, "Plus, I have something really important to tell you tonight, don't you remember? Am I interrupting you..both?" Kai cast a glance at Top, who avoided the awkward gaze as soon as possible.

"Well," Top uttered, making Krystal to turn over to him. "Since you both have important things to say then I'll leave now. Too bad I can't catch up with you tonight, Soojung. I'm having an early morning flight back to Seoul tomorrow morning, so-" Top resisted the urge to pull her closer, "Take care of yourself, maybe I'll see you around."

Krystal's heart sank for a moment when he watched Top exited her room without looking back; for whatever reason she held, she was actually looking forward to their dinner before Kai showed up. "So," Krystal led Kai to the couch, sitting themselves down before asking again, "What is it that you wanna tell me? You're even suited up."

"Be my girlfriend, Soojung." Kai confessed while he moved his hand closer to Krystal's. He grabbed her small hand in his and brushed the back of her hand with his thumb, "I love you, Krystal. And I really hope that I can be the one who gives you all the love that you deserve, and not let a single tear fall off that pair of beautiful eyes of yours."

Krystal felt like as if her brain had stopped functioning as she couldn't process the next reaction she should have. Krystal loved Kai, always had; but she wasn't sure that if her love would ever match the love that she felt for Top when they shared a short-lived romance. She loved Kai, but she wasn't sure if he could ever make her stomach feel all the butterflies that Top ever gave, even if it was like a short encounter in her room like a few minutes ago. She loved Kai, but she just wasn't sure if that was the love. He was always one of the ones that she couldn't lose, because Kai had played such an important part in her life when she had lost her true love. 

"Jongin-" Krystal called his name ever so gently. "I-"

"Don't-"

"I've always loved you; that's the love that is so deep in me that I don't want to lose because you're just like a close brother to me, like a part of my family."

Kai laughed shortly in sarcasm, "Hah, no matter what I've done, I'm still being treated as a brother to you. What a failure I am-"

"No, don't you ever say that." Krystal grabbed both of his cheeks and made him turn towards her. She always knew Kai was a sensitive person, which was exactly like her. However, that didn't grant her the rights to ever say a beautiful lie to him because that would hurt him more in a longer term. "You're important to me, and you have to believe in me when I say that."

An uncomfortable silence fell between them, and Krystal removed her hands from his cheeks and looked away. She stared at the art frame hanging on the wall, and silently hoping that Kai would at least divert this uneasy topic away.

"Can I ask you something?" Kai sniffed.

Krystal nodded, expecting the same question which her elder sister asked her previously.

"You still have feelings for him, am I right?"

"Maybe," Krystal said attentively.

"Are you not aware of you falling into the same trap once again? Are you not concerned about if he has really changed? Are you not afraid of getting hurt? Are you-" Kai paused, noticing a little sadness from Krystal's eyes, "Are you not worried about that he's not holding any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter